Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX points to ANA Mileage Club

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2018, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
AMEX points to ANA Mileage Club

Hello. New poster here. I am considering having a colleague deposit AMEX points into a yet-to-be opened ANA account. Such miles would then be ultimately used for TK award travel. Is this even possible/feasible? What costs might be incurred? Can AMEX points be deposited from an AMEX member to another person? Thanks for your help.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 6:34 pm

You can’t transfer MR points from his account to your ANA account. It can only go to his ANA account. And with ANA you can only book travel for yourself or immediate family (see their website for the family tree they allow). If his Amex is a business card, he could add you as an authorized user to his Amex account. From there he could transfer his MR to your MR and you could transfer to your ANA.
cagcag likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
Originally Posted by Merlinrnr
You can’t transfer MR points from his account to your ANA account. It can only go to his ANA account. And with ANA you can only book travel for yourself or immediate family (see their website for the family tree they allow). If his Amex is a business card, he could add you as an authorized user to his Amex account. From there he could transfer his MR to your MR and you could transfer to your ANA.
Thanks for the timely and informative explanation. One last thing, please: is there any way to transfer MR points from one member to another person in ANY *A program?
How easy is it to book TK award travel using AMEX MR points?
Thanks again for the bother!
Old Mar 20, 2018, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA, AS
Originally Posted by cagcag
One last thing, please: is there any way to transfer MR points from one member to another person in ANY *A program?
According to Lucky Aegean allows it up to 50k per year for 15EUR per transaction:

Aegean Now Lets You Easily Transfer Miles Between Accounts - One Mile at a Time

You do not necessarily need to transfer miles between members. Just have your colleague transfer miles into a program that allows him to book a ticket for anyone. United Mileage Plus allows this but I do not believe they are a transfer partner for AMEX. Using AMEX I believe Aeroplan allows booking for any member (colleague transfers AMEX points to Aeroplan and can then use those points to book a ticket in your name).
Old Mar 21, 2018, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by cagcag
Thanks for the timely and informative explanation. One last thing, please: is there any way to transfer MR points from one member to another person in ANY *A program?
How easy is it to book TK award travel using AMEX MR points?
Thanks again for the bother!
There aren’t many frequent flyer programs that let you transfer miles between accounts and I’m not too familiar with all the Star Alliance programs out there. But many programs let you book award flights for other people. In Star Alliance you have United and Aeroplan, as the previous commenter mentioned. You can also book award travel for other people with Singapore Krisflyer. You just have to nominate the traveler in your account ahead of time. And I believe there is a limit as to the number of nominees you can have.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: Watergate
I had someone else transfer amex points into my ana rewards account and it worked just fine. A few hundred thousand points went through in a single transaction that took about a week to post. I had no affiliation with their amex account nor did they with my ANA account.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by RichardNixon
I had someone else transfer amex points into my ana rewards account and it worked just fine. A few hundred thousand points went through in a single transaction that took about a week to post. I had no affiliation with their amex account nor did they with my ANA account.
How did you do this? Were you an Authorized User on the MR account? Amex MR portal has hardcoded the name for the account transfer to Primary and AU names only and reports are that ANA will declined transfers that don't match the ANA Rewards name.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by afrozenfyre
How did you do this? Were you an Authorized User on the MR account? Amex MR portal has hardcoded the name for the account transfer to Primary and AU names only and reports are that ANA will declined transfers that don't match the ANA Rewards name.
Nope...at least I don't think so. I used a site that resold points. All I know is my ANA account showed an inbound points transfer from Amex MR.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:29 pm

Programs: Eternal Search for LT Club
Nope...at least I don't think so. I used a site that resold points. All I know is my ANA account showed an inbound points transfer from Amex MR.
can you please share which website is that, I am aware of some but not sure about the authenticity, I need a decent chunk of ANA miles for an RTW and my MR balance won't cut it.

Last edited by rtgta; Apr 16, 2018 at 8:49 pm
Old Apr 17, 2018, 5:44 am

Programs: Korean Air Skypass, ANA Skyweb, Amex Premier Rewards, Chase Sapphire Preferred
There are some here: www.cashformymiles.com/ , www.earnrewardscash.com/ Most likely AMEX will cancel your card after you do it.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: Eternal Search for LT Club
Originally Posted by smith80678
There are some here: www.cashformymiles.com/ , www.earnrewardscash.com/ Most likely AMEX will cancel your card after you do it.
yeah figured as much, will steer clear of this for now
Old Apr 17, 2018, 6:14 pm

Neither of those were the sites that I used. I won't post which I chose since this forum has pretty draconian rules, but I used a (non-amex) card that certainly wasn't cancelled after I used it. Total cost was $0.0185 per point and I bought about 350,000 points. They payment was through paypal.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 7:40 am

Programs: Korean Air Skypass, ANA Skyweb, Amex Premier Rewards, Chase Sapphire Preferred
Neither of those were the sites that I used. I won't post which I chose since this forum has pretty draconian rules, but I used a (non-amex) card that certainly wasn't cancelled after I used it. Total cost was $0.0185 per point and I bought about 350,000 points. They payment was through paypal.
I meant the person who sold the points will have their amex card canceled
Old May 6, 2018, 8:43 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
Am trying to choose a US credit card to help me earn miles. Can someone who has transferred points from AMEX to ANA tell me if the points transferred are registered as ANA group miles or as partner miles please? Thanks!
Old May 7, 2018, 7:06 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by Kirinknight
Am trying to choose a US credit card to help me earn miles. Can someone who has transferred points from AMEX to ANA tell me if the points transferred are registered as ANA group miles or as partner miles please? Thanks!
Of course, neither.
It is added to your account as non flight miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.