What to do with 61,000 points?

Old Mar 17, 18, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold
What to do with 61,000 points?

I just spent about 2 hours trying to fiqure out how to use ANA 61,000 points without any success
I can tranfer more points into program if needed.
Based in Seattle.
Possible uses would be; SEA-BOS, SEA-CPT, SEA-HKT or BKK, SEA-PRG......CPT or PRG would be preferred destinations
Would want Business except for SEA-BOS
I either can't find anything or the one possibility I found had crazy surcharges.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Mar 17, 18, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Originally Posted by TaxiApple View Post
I just spent about 2 hours trying to fiqure out how to use ANA 61,000 points without any success
I can tranfer more points into program if needed.
Based in Seattle.
Possible uses would be; SEA-BOS, SEA-CPT, SEA-HKT or BKK, SEA-PRG......CPT or PRG would be preferred destinations
Would want Business except for SEA-BOS
I either can't find anything or the one possibility I found had crazy surcharges.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Be flexible on your travel period, and look either with short notice for premium cabins, or very long horizon for anything. The surcharges can be quite high, United does not charge surcharges via Mileage Plus redemptions, maybe they are a lower cost option for NH as well. (I have not looked at UA recently )
Old Mar 18, 18, 3:10 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Please log into the AaNA mileage account, play around with dates for Seattle to Prague, and see how much the business class costs. Cheapest (least fuel surcharges) are on United airlines. Therefore, look for saver space on United from gateway cities like San Francisco, Los Angeles and Newark to United destinations like London, Frankfurt and Munich. Once you find saver award space, piece together your itinerary from Seattle to gateway departure to gateway destination to Prague. Then, check how many miles are needed, and top up the deficiency with a points transfer.
good luck
TaxiApple likes this.
Old Mar 18, 18, 10:12 pm

Programs: ANA Diamond
61,000 points is such a weird number to be honest, especially when you consider the destinations that you have listed. With 75k points you can get a RT ticket between Seattle and Tokyo (low season, 85k normal), which I personally think is the best value.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: