Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Confused. Plane Mechanical Error and Points [ORC mileage request]

Old Jan 25, 2018, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ANA Mileage Club

Hello All,

Ive searched and searched but I cant find a solution to this problem and Im currently being bounced back and forth between All Nippon Air and United Airlines.

I flew a Codeshare United/ANA flight from Tokyo to Philadelphia via Chicago in 12/2017. This was credited to my ANA account without any problems. Then in 1/2018 I flew from Philadelphia to Orlando. On the morning of the flight I received an email that the United flight has been canceled due to mechanical error and I was rebooked onto an American flight. (AA is not a member of Star Alliance ...)

Those points were never credited to my ANA account. When I contacted United they said to contact ANA. When I contacted ANA they said to contact United.

Super frustrated and confused. Has anyone had this situation before?
Old Jan 25, 2018, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nick Delgrego Welcome to FT

The normal practise would be to contact ANA and ask for "original routing credit". UA cannot send ANA a request for ff miles to be credited to your account, as you did not fly the UA flight The ANA/UA codeshare complicates the issue. Try both again with the words "original routing credit".

The good news is you can/may be able to get ff miles for the AA flight.
Are you a member of any Oneworld airlines ffp? JL or AA or xx?
Where to Credit | Where to Credit American Airlines Flights
Old Jan 25, 2018, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ANA Mileage Club
Mwenezi, thank you for the kind reply. Called ANA. They have been fairly adamant. American Airline Flights are not part of their alliance so they will not honor the flight. I kept mentioning "Original routing credit" but they said they would check it for me.

United was able to put the miles in my account for the original schedule flight (on United not America) I asked them to remove move it and send it to ANA (Which it appears from your reply it is not possible ...)

What I can understand is that United can credit it, but ANA cannot.

I will reach ANA's Super Flyers Club this year and I want every flight to count through ANA not United, JAL or American!

Thanks for the help.

-Nick
Old Jan 27, 2018, 12:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome to Flyertalk @Nick Delgrego.

Please follow the redirect as we send this thread to our NH forum.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Jan 27, 2018, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Unfortunately, not all airlines offer to credit for the original route, and ANA may simply not offer this.

I would probably contact them in writing, using the words as mentioned above "Original Route Credit", the phone agents are not always equipped to deal with unusual situations and a written contact may work better. My experience with writing on other topics to NH are pretty short response times.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 11:25 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
I have read a few reports of original routing accrual. However, ANA's rule is

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/amc/refe...integrate.html
Mileage will not be accrued if the flight is not actually used. (This includes cases involving delays and cancelations.)
Not a partner case but my past experience about rerouting accrual.
Oirginal: ANA:OKA-KIX, JAL:KIX-HND (separate tickets)

Because of ANA's OKA-KIX delay, I couldn't make KIX-HND flight.
ANA reroute me to ANA's OKA-HND.

Mileage is credited as ANA's OKA-HND.
No credit for ANA's OKA-KIX, nor JAL's KIX-HND.

Last edited by Wasabi Tofu; Jan 28, 2018 at 4:51 am
Old Jan 28, 2018, 2:15 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Quote: Then in 1/2018 I flew from Philadelphia to Orlando. On the morning of the flight I received an email that the United flight has been canceled due to mechanical error and I was rebooked onto an American flight. (AA is not a member of Star Alliance ...) ..

If crediting miles to ANA AMC was so important to you, why did you accept a rebooking to a non-alliance flight?

Quote: I will reach ANA's Super Flyers Club this year
This means you are a frequent flyer, implying you should know the AMC rules quoted by other posters above.

Sorry for your bad luck here. I was in a similar situation, upgraded an economy ticket on another airline, then got rerouted & rebooked in a business class upgrade fare that caused me to lose the original flight/route credit. ANA was adamant (like in your case) that I did not take the original flight, so i will not get credit.

Learn, accept, and move on..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.