Maximum date changes to an award ticket?

Old Jan 15, 2018, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Maximum date changes to an award ticket?

I've flown the outbound of an award and made multiple date changes to the return leg (I've ended up finding reasonable fares and bought cash tickets instead - I'm using the award as a fallback plan).

After a date change last night it seems I can no longer change this award on the website. Does ANA limit the number of times you can change an award ticket?
Old Jan 15, 2018, 11:01 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by heartface
I've flown the outbound of an award and made multiple date changes to the return leg (I've ended up finding reasonable fares and bought cash tickets instead - I'm using the award as a fallback plan).

After a date change last night it seems I can no longer change this award on the website. Does ANA limit the number of times you can change an award ticket?
No. You can change award booking any number of times.
Maybe, when you change an award, you can't change that award before ticket re issuing ?
Or, web site restriction ?
Anyway, calling ANA will resolve it.

Be aware, an award is only 1 year validity from the original issue, then, 1 year from the first flight when you use the first flight.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
Be aware, an award is only 1 year validity from the original issue, then, 1 year from the first flight when you use the first flight.
So please let me ask this:

If eg, an award ticket is issued in Jan 2018 for travel in Dec 2018. Then in Nov 2018 I decide to keep the outbound but defer the return to May 2019, it the date change possible, or is it necessary to do a re-issue?

I am asking because I believe that in former case the outbound need not be "touched" with only return segment changed, thereby preserving the outbound but in the latter case the entire booking might have to be cancelled and rebooked so outbound might not be available anymore.

Analysing the situation, I believe it boils down to whether an award ticket is valid for 1 year from issue or 1 year from date of first flight. Is that right?

Thank you.

Last edited by IncyWincy; Jan 28, 2018 at 7:52 am
Old Jan 28, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by IncyWincy
If eg, an award ticket is issued in Jan 2018 for travel in Dec 2018. Then in Nov 2018 I decide to keep the outbound but defer the return to May 2019, it the date change possible, or is it necessary to do a re-issue?
Date change is possible.
Many Japanese book same day return trip to Hawaii in 355 days advance, then change return date after a few days.
They know, if they have waited until 355 days before the return date, outbound availability is gone.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
Date change is possible.
Many Japanese book same day return trip to Hawaii in 355 days advance, then change return date after a few days.
They know, if they have waited until 355 days before the return date, outbound availability is gone.
Just to be clear, so ticket validity is 1 year after first flight (outbound), correct?

Thank you.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by IncyWincy
Just to be clear, so ticket validity is 1 year after first flight (outbound), correct?
Yes.
https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/amc/refe...int/usage.html
Validity
1 year from the itinerary start date. (The itinerary must be started within 1 year of ticket issuance.)
Old Jan 28, 2018, 7:43 pm

Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.