Old May 6, 2018, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Any intra Asia First class routes?

Hi!

Are there any first class routes inside Asia? Or only to Europe/north america

Thanks!
Old May 6, 2018, 12:16 pm

SIN
(but apparently I need to write more for FT to allow this to post)
Old May 6, 2018, 2:01 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by s0ssos
SIN
Nope the 77W got taken off 801/802 when they launched the second daily NRT-LAX, it's now a 789.
Old May 6, 2018, 2:10 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Matt Newbie
Hi!

Are there any first class routes inside Asia? Or only to Europe/north america

Thanks!
There are currently no Asia routes with F, but the 77W does operate some intra-Asia turns e.g. the morning HND-PEK rotation NH961/2, as well as an NRT-ITM-NRT rotation NH2179/6, although F isn't sold for those routes.
Tokyoite and Matt Newbie like this.
Old May 6, 2018, 5:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
@truncated has hit it straight on.
Old May 7, 2018, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by s0ssos
SIN
Sorry, apparently that is outdated.

Try to fly NH codeshare on SQ?
Matt Newbie likes this.
Old May 11, 2018, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by truncated
There are currently no Asia routes with F, but the 77W does operate some intra-Asia turns e.g. the morning HND-PEK rotation NH961/2, as well as an NRT-ITM-NRT rotation NH2179/6, although F isn't sold for those routes.
F isn't sold for 961/2? How do people get into F on those? When I was on 962 in March, F looked to be full of executive types, who I estimate would not be using awards.
Old May 11, 2018, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by fumje
F isn't sold for 961/2? How do people get into F on those? When I was on 962 in March, F looked to be full of executive types, who I estimate would not be using awards.
Typically the seats can be pre assigned by Diamond members. You can ask at the check in counter if any are avaiable.
Old May 13, 2018, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Typically the seats can be pre assigned by Diamond members. You can ask at the check in counter if any are avaiable.
Thanks. 'Pre assigned' happens at check-in for Diamond, or earlier? Just curious, as my only ANA status is *G. Or do they offer space-available upgrades when booked in J, as they do with premium economy when in Y?
Old May 13, 2018, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Thanks. 'Pre assigned' happens at check-in for Diamond, or earlier? Just curious, as my only ANA status is *G. Or do they offer space-available upgrades when booked in J, as they do with premium economy when in Y?
It is not really an upgrade, as the service is the same as J. If the flight is not full, they may not even open the F seats for assignment.

My understanding is that Diamond members can assign the seats when they are available, at time of booking or at OLCI. At the check in desk or at the gate, other passengers can ask for the seats and be assigned space available.

​​​​​​
Old May 13, 2018, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It is not really an upgrade, as the service is the same as J. If the flight is not full, they may not even open the F seats for assignment.

My understanding is that Diamond members can assign the seats when they are available, at time of booking or at OLCI. At the check in desk or at the gate, other passengers can ask for the seats and be assigned space available.

​​​​​​
I see, thanks. Yes, I did not intend to call it an upgrade, just old habits.
Old May 15, 2018, 1:27 am

The elites get their pick of seats/are proactively assigned the seats. As a lowly *A gold (are you gold from another FFP?), you are ranked 4th behind Diamonds, Platinums and super flyers.
Old May 15, 2018, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tokyoite

The elites get their pick of seats/are proactively assigned the seats. As a lowly *A gold (are you gold from another FFP?), you are ranked 4th behind Diamonds, Platinums and super flyers.
Yes, and that ranking is what I expected, in accordance with most *A reciprocation.
Old May 16, 2018, 5:22 pm

So in summary, no, there is no intro asia first class on ANA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.