Programs: Star Alliance
ANA Check-In Oct. 19th Change

Hello, so I've got the following flight lined up:

Depart: SFO, Oct. 26th
Transfer: NRT to CTS, Oct. 27th
Arrive: CTS, Oct. 27th
Booked Via: United, on UA miles, all one ticket
Operated by: ANA, all segments

So I got an e-mail on the 20th saying that if I'd entered all my traveler info (passport info, etc.) on their website that at 24 hours prior to take off I'll automatically be checked in and receive my boarding pass via email. This email however, only has the SFO-NRT segment listed and not the NRT-CTS segment. So my question is, when I arrive at NRT do I need to check in at the domestic counter for the NRT-CTS flight? Or, will this check-in email they send me at 24 hours prior to take off include boarding passes for both the SFO-NRT and NRT-CTS segments?

Thanks
Old Oct 23, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Just pick up your domestic segment boarding pass in SFO departure counter.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 4:12 pm

Programs: ANA, JAL, AA
If you have checked baggage, you have to pick it up at Narita, and drop off at the domestic counter.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA, AS
IIRC you can check-in multiple times on United so even if you are auto checked-in you can go to united.com and check-in again manually and attempt to check yourself in for both flights.

Also, there has been some buzz this week about United allowing check-in on partners through the latest United app (mobile boarding passes to your phone) so that may be another option.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Thanks!

Ok, so at T-24 I got an email today from ANA with my mobile boarding pass for both flight segments, to show on my phone. I thought I'd be safe and also print out one hardcopy, but when I went to the ANA site to do so, I can only get it for the NRT-CTS segement, not the SFO-NRT segment. For the SFO-NRT segment there is only a "check-in receipt" with a note that says "this is not a boarding pass, your boarding pass will be presented to you at the departure airport" This might sound dumb but am I correct to assume that for the SFO-NRT segment (international segment) that once a mobile pass is generated, another paper one can't be generated?

In addition, my mobile boarding pass has "TSA PRE" printed above the QR code. Last I checked, ANA does not participate in TSA Pre, so I'm not sure what that is printed on the boarding pass.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 6:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by redleader74
Thanks!

Ok, so at T-24 I got an email today from ANA with my mobile boarding pass for both flight segments, to show on my phone. I thought I'd be safe and also print out one hardcopy, but when I went to the ANA site to do so, I can only get it for the NRT-CTS segement, not the SFO-NRT segment. For the SFO-NRT segment there is only a "check-in receipt" with a note that says "this is not a boarding pass, your boarding pass will be presented to you at the departure airport" This might sound dumb but am I correct to assume that for the SFO-NRT segment (international segment) that once a mobile pass is generated, another paper one can't be generated?
No — it's a new change since last week: ANA boarding passes for flights departing from U.S. you can no longer print boarding passes for flights ex-US, but mobile BPs now work. For other international flights (e.g. ex-Japan) you can get both the mobile and paper passes.

In addition, my mobile boarding pass has "TSA PRE" printed above the QR code. Last I checked, ANA does not participate in TSA Pre, so I'm not sure what that is printed on the boarding pass.
Another very new (and welcome) change — NH now participates in precheck: ANA now participates in TSA Precheck
Old Oct 25, 2017, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

Excellent, thanks so much for the links...

But I'm assuming you can still get paper BP's from the ticket counter as usual?
Old Oct 26, 2017, 4:16 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by redleader74
Excellent, thanks so much for the links...
But I'm assuming you can still get paper BP's from the ticket counter as usual?
Um, that is how it usually works. ANA is not a LCC!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.