Y to J, priority status on 1st leg?

Old Oct 11, 17, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Y to J, priority status on 1st leg?

Hello -- I'm flying from CTS to JFK, with a connection in NRT. The first leg CTS-NRT is in Y, and main leg in J. I have no status with ANA or *A. Both legs are on one ticket. I'm wondering if:

1. Will I get priority boarding on the CTS-NRT leg?
2. Will my checked luggage get a priority tag?

TIA!
Old Oct 15, 17, 7:13 pm

Programs: ANA Diamond+SFC+1MM (NH*G), Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Penn Club of NY
1. I don't think you'll get priority boarding. There won't be anything indicating you're a priority passenger on you CTS-NRT boarding pass and your NRT-JFK flight in J is irrelevant to your boarding status at CTS. However, you can enter the ANA Lounge at CTS since you'll be transiting to international J later.

2. Yes. You should check in for your NRT-JFK flight at CTS. The domestic counters can check you into your international connection. You should use the ANA Diamond/Platinum/SFC/*G counter at CTS and all should be easy peasy.
Old Oct 15, 17, 7:25 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by ANAStarFlyer View Post
2. Yes. You should check in for your NRT-JFK flight at CTS. The domestic counters can check you into your international connection. You should use the ANA Diamond/Platinum/SFC/*G counter at CTS and all should be easy peasy.
Since not every domestic counter has the necessary functionality for international connections, the OP should go to the International Connections counter (#18) at CTS to check in. There is a separate line there for premium/elite customers.

http://cts.jp.net/wp/wp-content/uplo...5/CIMG3071.jpg
Old Oct 16, 17, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by armagebedar View Post
Since not every domestic counter has the necessary functionality for international connections, the OP should go to the International Connections counter (#18) at CTS to check in. There is a separate line there for premium/elite customers.

http://cts.jp.net/wp/wp-content/uplo...5/CIMG3071.jpg
Thanks for the heads up! This will be my first time in CTS. Is the international check in counter in the same area as the domestic?
Old Oct 16, 17, 3:51 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by jbeans View Post
Thanks for the heads up! This will be my first time in CTS. Is the international check in counter in the same area as the domestic?
Yes, the counters are all located in the same area of the domestic terminal and look like the photo I posted above.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: