Interlining star alliance, separate tickets

Old May 29, 19, 6:27 am
LOI

Programs: NH DIA, Flying Blue Platinum, AA Plat
If you are travelling in F, NH will check your bags through to JAL no questions asked. And I think they will let you also take the bus with the baggage tag and e-ticket printout.
Old May 29, 19, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by AnthonyGT View Post
Tagging along on this thread for a similar situation.

We're arriving at NRT at 3:15pm on ANA (in F if it matters) and have a connecting flight on JAL to TPE at 6:00pm. I felt like almost 3 hours should be okay for that connection. Am I right?

I assume no interlining since we're going ANA to JAL.

Thanks!
That is funny. I am pretty much in your exact same circumstance but heading to PEK via JAL at 6:00pm. When is your flight because I'll be curious on your experience. ANA officially told me I had to pick up baggage at NRT via email, but I'll try interlining at the front desk at LAX during my flight in February anyways.
Old May 29, 19, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by LOI View Post
If you are travelling in F, NH will check your bags through to JAL no questions asked. And I think they will let you also take the bus with the baggage tag and e-ticket printout.
Thank you for this info!

Originally Posted by happyxix View Post
That is funny. I am pretty much in your exact same circumstance but heading to PEK via JAL at 6:00pm. When is your flight because I'll be curious on your experience. ANA officially told me I had to pick up baggage at NRT via email, but I'll try interlining at the front desk at LAX during my flight in February anyways.
Not until next March, sadly. You'll beat us by a month!
Old Sep 8, 19, 6:54 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Hi all,

I'm looking to connecting from NH to AC on separate tickets in separate PNRs:
  • NH ticket: ITM HND
  • AC ticket: HND YYZ DCA

Will NH check my bag all the way through to DCA in this scenario? Is it really up to the mood and training of the agent at ITM? Anyone have any experience with NH>AC bag interlining from ITM? Any suggestions on how long of a layover to allow?

Thanks!
Old Sep 8, 19, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by tetudc View Post
Hi all,

Will NH check my bag all the way through to DCA in this scenario? Is it really up to the mood and training of the agent at ITM? Anyone have any experience with NH>AC bag interlining from ITM? Any suggestions on how long of a layover to allow?

Thanks!
Yes, it pretty much depends on the agent at dearture airport. They did it for me on ZAG-BRU (OU cash ticket) and BRU-NRT (NH award ticket), an unlikely tickets combo. On another occasion, Iberia refused me when both tickets were issued by them. In my experience Star Alliance is most forward coming, while Oneworld is the worst.
Old Sep 8, 19, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Originally Posted by tetudc View Post
Hi all,

Thanks!
Generally, it og s fine on NH. You will need to go to the counter that handles check in for international connections,otherwise they can't help you. It is not a stated benefit, but normally it should work
tetudc likes this.
Old Dec 19, 19, 8:12 am

Programs: UA Gold, AA Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Have an upcoming trip where I'm flying TPE-NRT-LAX, with NH J NRT-LAX via VS award.

I need to book the TPE-NRT leg as a separate ticket and am wondering if I am I better off booking a BR Y flight with a 4 hour connection or an NH Y flight with a 2 hr 40 min connection. They're roughly the same price.
Old Dec 19, 19, 9:12 am

Programs: BA Meltdown soft-landed Silver, OZ♦+ (BR/UA), B6 Mosaic, WoH♦, Mlife Noir, TR 7*
Originally Posted by ac737 View Post
Have an upcoming trip where I'm flying TPE-NRT-LAX, with NH J NRT-LAX via VS award.

I need to book the TPE-NRT leg as a separate ticket and am wondering if I am I better off booking a BR Y flight with a 4 hour connection or an NH Y flight with a 2 hr 40 min connection. They're roughly the same price.
Either will be fine; I've never had an issue at TPE getting BR agents to interline to *A partners, and NH surely should not be an issue. I'd go with the shorter connection.
Old Dec 19, 19, 9:51 am

Programs: UA Gold, AA Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by gengar View Post
Either will be fine; I've never had an issue at TPE getting BR agents to interline to *A partners, and NH surely should not be an issue. I'd go with the shorter connection.
Thanks for the advice! Yeah my concern was more around which one I'm better off should there be a delay etc given that these will be separate tickets (BR gives more buffer, but NH would be the same airline...) Any thoughts there?
Old Dec 19, 19, 10:13 am

Programs: BA Meltdown soft-landed Silver, OZ♦+ (BR/UA), B6 Mosaic, WoH♦, Mlife Noir, TR 7*
Originally Posted by ac737 View Post
Thanks for the advice! Yeah my concern was more around which one I'm better off should there be a delay etc given that these will be separate tickets (BR gives more buffer, but NH would be the same airline...) Any thoughts there?
I have no personal experience, but I wouldn't expect NH to do anything more just because both tickets are on NH.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: