Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Travel for ANA Experience Japan Fare?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2017, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Question Award Travel for ANA Experience Japan Fare?

Hello,

I recently booked an award ticket to Tokyo for Feb/Mar 2018, however, even more recently, I found out about the Experience Japan Fare available to visiting foreigners. Since I have miles left on my AMC, will I be able to use the ANA miles to book another award ticket for the Experience Japan Fare?

When I go here to try to book the fare:It gives me an error saying that there is no international flight, which makes sense because I already book the award ticket, however, when I go here for the domestic flights:The maximum number of months out to book seems to be only 3. Is this normal?

I haven't read any verbiage about not being able to use miles/points to book the Experience Japan Fare and I didn't find an answer on the consolidated thread.

Thank you for your time.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 9:33 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by soojin
Hello,

I recently booked an award ticket to Tokyo for Feb/Mar 2018, however, even more recently, I found out about the Experience Japan Fare available to visiting foreigners. Since I have miles left on my AMC, will I be able to use the ANA miles to book another award ticket for the Experience Japan Fare?

When I go here to try to book the fare:It gives me an error saying that there is no international flight, which makes sense because I already book the award ticket, however, when I go here for the domestic flights:The maximum number of months out to book seems to be only 3. Is this normal?

I haven't read any verbiage about not being able to use miles/points to book the Experience Japan Fare and I didn't find an answer on the consolidated thread.

Thank you for your time.

I read the ANA Experience Japan Fare page

https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/wws_c...experience_jp/

and also looked at the link to the Fare Rules

https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/common/e/f...experience-jp/

The only thing I found was that this fare can't be upgraded.

There is no mention anywhere that I could find about whether this Special ANA Fare can be purchased with miles. I would not thinks so for a few reasons, one of which might be the very low price for the fare.

Call ANA. Perhaps one of their agents can answer the question.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
I do not know what you are doing. But first, at ANA website make sure you choose your home geographical region (U.S.A. in my case) as your location. Since ANA Experience Japan fare is only available to people who live outside of Japan, ANA Experience Japan fare will not show up if you have location set as Japan on ANA website.

ANA Experience Japan fare has blackout dates, which looks like entire month of March could be a blackout date. If you look for booking Feb. 2018 there are ANA Experience Japan fare listed and when proceeding to passenger information there is place for international ticket number. Simply put your award ticket number provided on your award receipt and all should be fine.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 9:38 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
ANA Experience Japan fare has blackout dates, which looks like entire month of March could be a blackout date. If you look for booking Feb. 2018 there are ANA Experience Japan fare listed and when proceeding to passenger information there is place for international ticket number. Simply put your award ticket number provided on your award receipt and all should be fine.
ANA Experience Japan has never had blackout dates. However, right now you can only book (per website) Valid for travel until March 24, 2018.

Typically ANA extends this offer a month or 2 before expiry, so if wanting to travel after March 24th you have to wait until the offer is (presumably) extended. I would start looking in January.

I would suggest using miles for that booking may not be best strategy since the flights themselves sell for 10,800 yen. There have to better values out there for using reward miles.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 9:50 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by mapleg
....I would suggest using miles for that booking may not be best strategy since the flights themselves sell for 10,800 yen. There have to better values out there for using reward miles.
Also agree.
As per ANA's page

Attached Images  
Old Aug 4, 2017, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 24left
Also agree.
As per ANA's page

Thank you for the feedback, duly noted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.