Wiki Posts
Search

Question on booking an award ticket

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2017, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: United MP, Qatar Privilege, Lufthansa
Question on booking an award ticket

I'm trying to book an ANA Business Class flight for December from SJC-BOM using United miles. This journey comprises two flights, the first from SJC-NRT with an overnight layover, and then the onward NRT-BOM segment.

Now, I don't see any availability if I search for SJC-BOM in the United engine. However, I see availability if I search separately the two flights (SJC-NRT and NRT-BOM). Problem is, the latter costs me an additional 30,000 miles.

Is there a way out of this? Clearly there is award space for the two flights, but it won't show up in the SJC-BOM search.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 1:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by agtoau
I'm trying to book an ANA Business Class flight for December from SJC-BOM using United miles. This journey comprises two flights, the first from SJC-NRT with an overnight layover, and then the onward NRT-BOM segment.

Now, I don't see any availability if I search for SJC-BOM in the United engine. However, I see availability if I search separately the two flights (SJC-NRT and NRT-BOM). Problem is, the latter costs me an additional 30,000 miles.

Is there a way out of this? Clearly there is award space for the two flights, but it won't show up in the SJC-BOM search.
This question has nothing to do with NH and/or Mileage Club. It's a UA MP question.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United MP, Qatar Privilege, Lufthansa
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
This question has nothing to do with NH and/or Mileage Club. It's a UA MP question.
You are right. I will post it in the UA groups and delete this thread.

PS: I don't see an option to delete the thread. Admins, please do the needful.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 5:30 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Please continue the discussion in the United forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l#post28623583

Regards,
armagebedar
ANA forum moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.