Wiki Posts
Search

Does ANA do summer blackout dates?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2017, 1:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Trans Global Airlines Frequent Stowaway
Does ANA do summer blackout dates?

Looking at next summer's schedule, it seems that award seats on ANA stop being available on June 9th. Now i know that this is close to the end of schedule, but I was curious -- does ANA do summer blackout dates? Or does their award calendar just not extend as far as other airlines?

Thanks for the help!
Old Jul 18, 2017, 3:28 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by RuthlesslyAbsurd
Looking at next summer's schedule, it seems that award seats on ANA stop being available on June 9th. Now i know that this is close to the end of schedule, but I was curious -- does ANA do summer blackout dates? Or does their award calendar just not extend as far as other airlines?

Thanks for the help!
Which route and carrier ?
I can find a plenty of seats after June 9th for ANA operating flights (However, as a Diamond member).
Now, I can book HND-JFK(award F) on 7th July, and JFK-HND(award F) on 8th July.

Some airlines flights are bookable only for 330/331 days in advance.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Trans Global Airlines Frequent Stowaway
Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
Which route and carrier ?
I can find a plenty of seats after June 9th for ANA operating flights (However, as a Diamond member).
Now, I can book HND-JFK(award F) on 7th July, and JFK-HND(award F) on 8th July.

Some airlines flights are bookable only for 330/331 days in advance.
As of this morning when I looked to book with United miles on XXX-NRT (using all US gateways) the last available date was 6/9. But now it's extended to the 13th so I'm no longer worried. Maybe UA was just delayed in showing the space?
Old Jul 19, 2017, 1:59 am

Programs: UA, AS
Originally Posted by RuthlesslyAbsurd
As of this morning when I looked to book with United miles on XXX-NRT (using all US gateways) the last available date was 6/9. But now it's extended to the 13th so I'm no longer worried. Maybe UA was just delayed in showing the space?
It is more likely someone else already claimed the space.

ANA loads their schedules something like 355 days in advance. UA only opens their schedule for booking at something like 337 days in advance. ANA members and some other programs can access the ANA award space before UA and so it may already be taken by the time UA opens its schedule.

There may be additional space opened up later but there is no guarantee that will occur.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 8:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
NH randomly opens up seats. It's happened and I've been able to see only one seat was taken on KVS tool.

Usually NH releases 3 seats in F which is what I target for. However for some reason this Christmas and next new years NH is only releasing 1 seat in F. So I hope/assume they will be releasing 2 more soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.