Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

ANA Int’l Business/*G Lounges at HND/NRT/KIX (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 13, 2018, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: armagebedar
Print Wikipost

ANA Int’l Business/*G Lounges at HND/NRT/KIX (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2020, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA Plat
I have two upcoming flights and was wondering if I would get lounge access?
Flight 1: SFO -> HND on UA J award ticket. HND -> CTS on ANA Y paid ticket. Would I have lounge access at HND?
Flight 2: HND -> KIX on Starflyer Y. KIX -> SFO on UA J all on one award ticket. Would I have lounge access at HND? I know I should get lounge access in KIX.

Sucks that these flights are 2 weeks after my star alliance gold status expires.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by godbreath
I have two upcoming flights and was wondering if I would get lounge access?
Flight 1: SFO -> HND on UA J award ticket. HND -> CTS on ANA Y paid ticket. Would I have lounge access at HND?
Flight 2: HND -> KIX on Starflyer Y. KIX -> SFO on UA J all on one award ticket. Would I have lounge access at HND? I know I should get lounge access in KIX.

Sucks that these flights are 2 weeks after my star alliance gold status expires.
Unfortunately i think the answer to both of there is ‘no’.

ANA is a real stickler for the rules, with one extraordinarily mean exception, they base lounge access solely on the onward boarding pass... even if you are connecting NH—>NH going from J to Y they don’t let you in.

And star alliance doesn’t have an overall policy like oneworld for connecting flights (although some individual airlines have more generous policies, like UA who allows you in on connecting services).
CPH-Flyer likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Unfortunately i think the answer to both of there is ‘no’.

ANA is a real stickler for the rules, with one extraordinarily mean exception, they base lounge access solely on the onward boarding pass... even if you are connecting NH—>NH going from J to Y they don’t let you in.

And star alliance doesn’t have an overall policy like oneworld for connecting flights (although some individual airlines have more generous policies, like UA who allows you in on connecting services).
Indeed, no and no.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 11:07 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
I'm flying IAH-HND on NH in F and connecting same-day to HND-BKK on NH in J. I thought I read that I'd have access to the F lounge in HND. Is that correct? (The HND-BKK flight does not offer an F cabin.)
Old Jan 15, 2020, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by 1984SW
I'm flying IAH-HND on NH in F and connecting same-day to HND-BKK on NH in J. I thought I read that I'd have access to the F lounge in HND. Is that correct? (The HND-BKK flight does not offer an F cabin.)
F to J/Y same day, same airport, NH to NH, INT to INT is the one exception to the rule.
wpcoe likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Yup. And as per CPH-flyer’s response, the ‘mean’ part is that if you have to transfer airports, F lounge access is denied (so NH F arriving HND and departing NH J from NRT, or v.v, you get sent to the J lounge).
Old Jan 20, 2020, 8:05 pm

Programs: ANA Diamond, JAL JGC Sapphire, Asiana Gold, Marriott Ambassador Elite, Hyatt Globalist
There’s a new lounge at NRT opening late March.

Japanese article here https://www.aviationwire.jp/archives/194292

It seems like it’s just a regular business lounge though, no paired suite lounge.
paperwastage likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 8:15 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by flyboygoon

It seems like it’s just a regular business lounge though, no paired suite lounge.
Am guessing they're taking over the space where the Delta Skyclub used to be when DL shifts over to HND — hopefully this means they're getting the DL gates as well and eliminates all the busing for the intra-Asia flights (am looking at you NH803)
Old Jan 21, 2020, 9:40 pm

I imagine the food/services are the same across all 3 lounges, just makes it much easier gate-wise

No windows in the mock ups, though I expect there to be some (see older review of Delta club in same space)

https://www.knaviation.net/review-de...o-2-tokyo-nrt/

Says opening March 2020 - don't think Delta announced a closure date for their lounge, plus renovation time?

Unless Google translate got it wrong, think it's a different space than Delta? Delta has 4th floor

The Japanese article says 2nd floor
The new lounge will be located on the second floor of Terminal 1, Satellite 2 and will be open from 7:30 am to 7:00 pm.

Last edited by paperwastage; Jan 22, 2020 at 2:31 pm
Old Jan 22, 2020, 12:12 pm

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by flyboygoon

This lounge was most recently the DL lounge. Prior to that it was the NW lounge. Before that (20 years ago) it was the UA Red Carpet Lounge.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by roberto99
This lounge was most recently the DL lounge. Prior to that it was the NW lounge. Before that (20 years ago) it was the UA Red Carpet Lounge.
Would it not be the DL lounge until they leave NRT at the end of March, or are they going to be without a lounge for a bit?

The actual refurb may also just happen after the transfer, and they just switch the signage overnight. If it is mainly just furniture and a bit of paint, they can do it in stage while the lounge is open.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer

Would it not be the DL lounge until they leave NRT at the end of March, or are they going to be without a lounge for a bit?

The actual refurb may also just happen after the transfer, and they just switch the signage overnight. If it is mainly just furniture and a bit of paint, they can do it in stage while the lounge is open.
i only see aviationwire link saying 2nd floor for new lounge
新ラウンジの場所は第1ターミナルの第2サテライト2階で、営業時間は午前7時30分から午後7時までを予 定している。
from this video in 2019 (6:32), Delta is 4th floor and 2nd floor is not labeled (there's an escalator going down)

this video in 2017 shows there used to be apublic lounge on 2nd floor?

Last edited by paperwastage; Jan 22, 2020 at 7:08 pm
Old Jan 22, 2020, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by paperwastage

from this video in 2019 (6:32), Delta is 4th floor and 2nd floor is not labeled (there's an escalator going down)

Snip

Snip
Maybe they start with second floor, and expand later. Or they only need the second floor
Old Jan 23, 2020, 5:28 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
According to the latest press release:

On March 29, 2020, a new lounge will be unveiled at Haneda Airport Terminal 2. The lounge was designed under the supervision of Kengo Kuma, a world-renowned Japanese architect, and it will be open once service for the international flights begins at Terminal 2.
ANA Group Announces Flight Schedule for Fiscal Year 2020 | Press Release | ANA Group Corp.'s Information
Old Jan 23, 2020, 8:49 pm

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by paperwastage

https://youtu.be/7CK4eXrBJxM?t=392

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKib2LT-J9E
Those videos definately show what was once the NRT UA Red Carpet Lounge back around 2001. It was a great lounge and the showers were 2 floors below it.

UA sure has slid from those days....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.