Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

ANA Int値 Business/*G Lounges at HND/NRT/KIX (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 13, 2018, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: armagebedar
Print Wikipost

ANA Int値 Business/*G Lounges at HND/NRT/KIX (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by 24left
Right.

Still, I find the vegetable tempura and soba noodles from the Noodle Bar to be my personal favourite, although oddly today I had a couple of the dumplings. At least they were hot. The lounge was packed today compared to the same time 2 weeks ago. Also, they removed one of the sake dispensers. Hmmm. And the staff are not refilling the Lindt bowl. lol

Otherwise, I was busy with this stuff

I iwill get to see whats there tomorrow....
Old Feb 1, 2019, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Since my flight was late, and I needed the longer opening hours, and it was at gate 46, I ended in the 40"ies lounge. Initially in the lower section. WTH did ANA do to that place??? I mean it was never great, but now any kind of charm or indication of comfort has been eradicated

Have I just been too much in Oneworld lounges, and have forgotten the brutal reality of this lounge, or has it taken a sharp turn for the worse recently?
Old Feb 1, 2019, 10:46 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Since my flight was late, and I needed the longer opening hours, and it was at gate 46, I ended in the 40"ies lounge. Initially in the lower section. WTH did ANA do to that place??? I mean it was never great, but now any kind of charm or indication of comfort has been eradicated

Have I just been too much in Oneworld lounges, and have forgotten the brutal reality of this lounge, or has it taken a sharp turn for the worse recently?

I thought ANA did nothing with that place and that's why it is what it is.

I was in that one once a few years ago and last year to use the lav on the way to the gate. Ugh. Thanks, I'll stay where I am and look out the window and take the nice walk in the tunnel to satellite 4 if I am departing from there.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought ANA did nothing with that place and that's why it is what it is.

I was in that one once a few years ago and last year to use the lav on the way to the gate. Ugh. Thanks, I'll stay where I am and look out the window and take the nice walk in the tunnel to satellite 4 if I am departing from there.
They have made it super bright, with an eerily cold light. I went upstairs instead, which still had the look and feel that it has always had.

Problem is, the 50's lounge closes at 6pm, after that no choice. And I could not be bothered going over to go back again when it is closing time..

At least upstairs was very quiet, as they seem to prefer to pack people in downstairs rather than sending anyone upstairs
Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
A trivial complaint, but not a fan of the new announcement chime - I miss the old one, I guess after so many years it's hard to get used to the change.

Food wise, I am not seeing much change - the Lindt bowls are rarely refilled during peak times, but if you ask, they will come and restock them. The sushi (real nigiri) is a nice touch, but we won't mention the quality (not good). The left side buffet had the pork "shumai", of course they were industrial-strength and not that hot. I didn't see the other dumplings, but the right side had the chicken and french fries, plus the rice.

Everything else appears to me as it's always been - I just want my old chime back
Old Feb 7, 2019, 10:41 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bocastephen
A trivial complaint, but not a fan of the new announcement chime - I miss the old one, I guess after so many years it's hard to get used to the change.

Food wise, I am not seeing much change - the Lindt bowls are rarely refilled during peak times, but if you ask, they will come and restock them. The sushi (real nigiri) is a nice touch, but we won't mention the quality (not good). The left side buffet had the pork "shumai", of course they were industrial-strength and not that hot. I didn't see the other dumplings, but the right side had the chicken and french fries, plus the rice.

Everything else appears to me as it's always been - I just want my old chime back
And see, I never notice the chime, I just notice "we apologize for the delay due to late arrival of aircraft". Some days, it seems to be every second announcement.

It would be helpful if the serving dish that contained the dumplings/ chicken nuggets/ potato wedges, had a cover like the noodles/rice next to it. Those warmer plates really don't keep anything warm when the is air conditioning on. In January.

Yes, Lindt bowls are rarely refilled but it is fun staring at those who take a handful. (Oddly, the giant bowl of SWISS chocolates that sits on the glass top at the food station in the Senator lounge E gates at ZRH is always completely full, lol)
Old Feb 7, 2019, 3:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by tobegold
How is the KIX lounge, same set up as NRT/HND? No postings within this thread about KIX despite the thread title.
I have used the KIX lounge several times, and it is a smaller version of the NRT lounge.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And see, I never notice the chime, I just notice "we apologize for the delay due to late arrival of aircraft". Some days, it seems to be every second announcement.

It would be helpful if the serving dish that contained the dumplings/ chicken nuggets/ potato wedges, had a cover like the noodles/rice next to it. Those warmer plates really don't keep anything warm when the is air conditioning on. In January.

Yes, Lindt bowls are rarely refilled but it is fun staring at those who take a handful. (Oddly, the giant bowl of SWISS chocolates that sits on the glass top at the food station in the Senator lounge E gates at ZRH is always completely full, lol)
Is it just me that gets annoyed with the "due to late arrival of the aircraft" announcement? The late arrival is not a cause, it is an effect. ATC restrictions would be a cause. They like to pretend that they have given a plausible reasoning for the delay, which it is really not. Give a proper reason, or just announce the flight will be late with no further details.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 6:15 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Is it just me that gets annoyed with the "due to late arrival of the aircraft" announcement? The late arrival is not a cause, it is an effect. ATC restrictions would be a cause. They like to pretend that they have given a plausible reasoning for the delay, which it is really not. Give a proper reason, or just announce the flight will be late with no further details.
Oh spend some time in the CX lounges at HKG. Same excuse, er, announcements.

Of course, if we are in the lounges long enough to be annoyed by "due to late arrival of aircraft" announcements, some would say we are in there too long.

Or, you can fly AC where there are no announcements and sometimes, the sign at the gate says Now Boarding, but there is no aircraft there (I often see this at LAX for AC flights. Cracks me up).

Back to regular programming....anyone notice the new shape of the potato salad in the ANA lounge recently? Also, someone poured gelatine or jello in the fruit cup. Yuck.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 8:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC

Back to regular programming....anyone notice the new shape of the potato salad in the ANA lounge recently? ..
Same potato salad, just in a block or wedge shape - at least it still has the lettuce and vegetable covering, AKA the "sneeze shield" - remember to always take your potato salad from under the protective lettuce covering.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 9:04 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Same potato salad, just in a block or wedge shape - at least it still has the lettuce and vegetable covering, AKA the "sneeze shield" - remember to always take your potato salad from under the protective lettuce covering.
LOLLLLL
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:05 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
Left luggage at or near ANA business lounge

I have a 5 hour layover at NRT in J and want to check out Narita town without being encumbered by a rollaboard. Does the ANA lounge (if so which one(s)) have a space to keep bags? Or is there a large enough locker or bag check? (Probably not airside?)
Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are lockers landside, so I would just head through arrivals and store it there.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 5:17 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, IHG Spire Elite
For those that are curious of the background piano music they always play in the ANA lounges, the name of the composer/song is

"Nobuyuki Tsujii - Rondo On the Seine"

Unfortunately I couldn't find it on YouTube or anything. But to those that have Apple Music, you're able to find it !
Old Apr 14, 2019, 7:46 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Which of the two HND international J lounges is less crowded in the mornings between 8:30 and 10:00? Or are they both equally packed at that time?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.