Upgrading reward tickets

Old Jun 13, 2017, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

Upgrading reward tickets

When I booked my ticket from sjc-nrt round trip, there were only economy tickets available. So we flew to japan in economy, however today when I checked there web, there are 2 businesses award tickets available. I called their call center and was told that because I had completed 1 segment of my booking, my reservation cannot be changed. I can't upgrade from economy to business for nrt-sjc leg. Is there any hope? Please advise
Old Jun 13, 2017, 8:31 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Unless you booked a business class award in advance, you cannot change from economy to business class on an ANA award:

"The airline, passenger, sector, route, and service class* cannot be changed."
Old Jun 13, 2017, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Thank you.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 9:01 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
If you have enough miles, and want to make another trip to Japan within a certain period, you may change existing NRT-SJC to some date, then book another award such as

NRT-SJC//SJC(or any N.A airport)-NRT(or any JP airport)

or RTW award (or any award which starts from NRT-SJC, then return to Japan)
NRT-SJC-RTW-JPN
Old Jun 30, 2017, 1:23 am
Original Poster

we just gave up, so 2 of us were in business, and 2 were in economy. The flight was not full, and I saw at least 10 empty business seats

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.