Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F Menu and Meals

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2023, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by incarbon
Does anyone have the reduced menu for the red-eye HND-LAX?
All the menus are available online on ANA.

https://www.ana.co.jp/int/inflight/g...f_202212_m.pdf

This one is valid to Feb 28
Old Jan 3, 2023, 4:29 pm

Anyone have some photos from the limited "light dishes" menu? Looks like a significant downgrade, debating switching my flight but curious whether people think the cabin is worth it.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 6:53 am

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by incarbon
Anyone have some photos from the limited "light dishes" menu? Looks like a significant downgrade, debating switching my flight but curious whether people think the cabin is worth it.
IMHO, The cabin is great and the NH staff is wonderful.

I even love the First Square seats.

My favorite airline.
Old May 23, 2023, 2:33 am

Programs: EB
Summer menu has been up since last week I believe: https://www.ana.co.jp/en/us/travel-information/meals/

Compared with the spring menu and to me, it seems comparable, some upgrades and some downgrades but still looking forward to trying out F meal
Old Jun 1, 2023, 1:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, AA Exec Plat, OZ Diamond Plus
Is there a significant difference in quality of the Western menu departing from US (ORD in this case) to Tokyo? The Japanese menu looks just okay departing from the states, and I'll be having a lot of amazing food there anyways so don't really feel a huge pull to order. I've only flown ANA F before on a redeye so have no sense of how good either is
Old Jun 1, 2023, 1:43 am

Programs: EB
Didn't compare everything last time I did, but when flying out of Tokyo, you get Wagyu steak, and unnamed steak when you fly to Tokyo. You can check the menu for each route on the link I posted above.

I only checked LHR and JFK routes, not sure if it differs with other US destinations.
Fluff Ermine likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 6:15 pm

Flew NH8 (NRT-SFO) recently, and they seemed to have loaded only a 350ml bottle of Krug and 4 50ml bottles of Hibiki 17. Is that normal? I presume there was more of both on board, but reserved for the return flight. Nevertheless, with 6/8 seats occupied, all of that was consumed rather quickly (and no, not all by me!).
Old Sep 13, 2023, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 100k, Hyatt Globalist, Hhonors Diamond, Marriot Platinum
I am booked in NH 107/108 F and both have light meal service. I see that i can preorder a western or japanese meal - Will that be a full meal like regular F or just a guarantee that the western or japanese option of light meal is reserved for me?
Old Sep 13, 2023, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by pointsrunner
I am booked in NH 107/108 F and both have light meal service. I see that i can preorder a western or japanese meal - Will that be a full meal like regular F or just a guarantee that the western or japanese option of light meal is reserved for me?
It will not be the full meal
Old Nov 26, 2023, 8:22 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Fluff Ermine
Is there a significant difference in quality of the Western menu departing from US (ORD in this case) to Tokyo? The Japanese menu looks just okay departing from the states, and I'll be having a lot of amazing food there anyways so don't really feel a huge pull to order. I've only flown ANA F before on a redeye so have no sense of how good either is
I'll let you be the judge but this was what my menu was flying on ORD-HND back in April of this year. I chose the Japanese selection for both of my meals. The last 2 pages of the "food" were my flight since the previous 2 pages were for the Japan-USA flight. My only regret was having forgotten to allocate some time and space to try the Japanese whisky.

I’ve chosen the Western meal instead of the Asian meal a few times when I flew between North America/Asia in the past, and I regretted it most of the time but those times were on carriers other than ANA. The time I regretted it the most was on an F flight with Korean Air on ICN-LAX. The food was average and I had a feeling that it would have paled in comparison to the Korean meal.

So I by default select the Asian meal, and will shift to the Western meal for the second meal service if the first Asian meal turns out to be below par (this happened on my return flight HND-ORD in United Polaris) or if it sounds not to my liking.

Also, the meal was fantastic, absolutely amazing. Was told it was "standard kaiseki." Service was expertly paced and I was served the optional dishes without being asked. Splendid. Would love to fly ANA again, J or F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.