Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F Menu and Meals

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2022, 1:41 pm

Programs: ANA Diamond, JAL JGC, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
I had no idea they had mini bottles. Prob explains why they didn’t show me a big bottle for my glass of 21 last night.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 5:07 am

I just got "moved" onto another flight in O last minute ( have an extenuating personal emergency and ANA was kind enough to move me with <24 hours to go). Do I need to be worried about them not having a meal for me? Or do they prepare more than enough? I suppose if they knew they had 3 passengers flying, they'd need to prepare 3 each of the Asian and Western meals in case every passenger wanted one type? I'll make do with some curry and ramen if not I suppose.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by alany611
I just got "moved" onto another flight in O last minute ( have an extenuating personal emergency and ANA was kind enough to move me with <24 hours to go). Do I need to be worried about them not having a meal for me? Or do they prepare more than enough? I suppose if they knew they had 3 passengers flying, they'd need to prepare 3 each of the Asian and Western meals in case every passenger wanted one type? I'll make do with some curry and ramen if not I suppose.
If you had been moved with less than a couple of hours there might be a bit of a challenge.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 1:01 pm

Programs: AC 75k
Hi all, I have my first ever TPAC in F coming up in September (ORD-NRT), and I've read this thread with mounting excitement. I have a question about the booze, as many posts/reviews seem to have the western wines with the meal but the menu has a decent selection of sake. I assume that the western wines go well with the Japanese menu, but are some courses better with sake? Or is sake drunk after the meal? (I will obviously start with Krug and finish with Hibiki). Thanks for thoughts and comments.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by chris-price
Hi all, I have my first ever TPAC in F coming up in September (ORD-NRT), and I've read this thread with mounting excitement. I have a question about the booze, as many posts/reviews seem to have the western wines with the meal but the menu has a decent selection of sake. I assume that the western wines go well with the Japanese menu, but are some courses better with sake? Or is sake drunk after the meal? (I will obviously start with Krug and finish with Hibiki). Thanks for thoughts and comments.
Both wines, champagne, and sake goes well with Japanese food. If you ask the crew they can recommend the sake that goes best with the various dishes.
roberto99 and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 7:25 pm

Sorry not to do a super late reply, but my one experience in ANA F is they ran out of western style breakfast on my flight, was slightly disappointed but in reality I was still stuffed and just asked for some fruit.

Did your flight work out fine for you?
Old Sep 26, 2022, 11:52 pm

Have always gone with Japanese meals in

F but this will be my first time on ANA’s a380 (Nrt to hnl). Also never had more than two other pax but this time there looks to be 5-6 of us. Usually ask for western caviar to be added and they have graciously complied - not sure how that will go with this many pax. Any thoughts on this (September) menu are appreciated. Thanks!
Old Sep 27, 2022, 7:12 pm

Can anyone confirm if First Class is dine on demand? I was hoping to try out the A La Carte menu at the united polaris lounge prior to flying.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 4:20 pm

I was booked roundtrip on the redeye LAX-HND and just rebooked on LAX-NRT in F when availability opened up. Looks like LAX-NRT is on the old configuration. I'm pretty sure I know what people are going to say, but everyone would prefer old seats + full service meal vs new seats + limited service, right?

Originally Posted by hoboeater
Can anyone confirm if First Class is dine on demand? I was hoping to try out the A La Carte menu at the united polaris lounge prior to flying.
It is on demand. I'd skip the Polaris lounge stuff, tbh. The burger I had (at LAX) was great for lounge food but lackluster overall. There was a tuna tartare that was tasty but not something I've never had before. Overall, I'd say the food is very good for an airport lounge, however can't compare to your options on ANA F. I'd rather have an ANA hamburger, chicken curry, or ramen than that Polaris burger again.
roberto99 likes this.

Last edited by alany611; Oct 5, 2022 at 4:33 pm
Old Oct 6, 2022, 4:00 am

Does anyone know if you and your partner have booked 2 tickets in F in The Square (old F), can you have a meal sitting across from each other in one seat area? I think I read something before about the new F "no longer" being able to do that, so I take it that means you can in old F?
Old Oct 6, 2022, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anyone know if you and your partner have booked 2 tickets in F in The Square (old F), can you have a meal sitting across from each other in one seat area? I think I read something before about the new F "no longer" being able to do that, so I take it that means you can in old F?
There is a shelf extending over part of the ottoman in The Square, so it is not possible to dine together in one cube.
alany611 likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 10:20 am

I was booked roundtrip on the redeye LAX-HND and just rebooked on LAX-NRT in F when availability opened up. Looks like LAX-NRT is on the old configuration. I'm pretty sure I know what people are going to say, but everyone would prefer old seats + full service meal vs new seats + limited service, right?

It is on demand. I'd skip the Polaris lounge stuff, tbh. The burger I had (at LAX) was great for lounge food but lackluster overall. There was a tuna tartare that was tasty but not something I've never had before. Overall, I'd say the food is very good for an airport lounge, however can't compare to your options on ANA F. I'd rather have an ANA hamburger, chicken curry, or ramen than that Polaris burger again.
Thanks for the input! I might skip the food at the Polaris at ORD and head straight into the showers.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 8:48 pm

Not sure if you're native born American, but speaking as one I can tell you the ANA burger is absolutely bland grammar school cafeteria style gross and the Polaris burger I had at LAX with egg and bacon on a Brioche bun was the best I've ever had at an airport or on a plane, by leaps and bounds! YMMV.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by ChuckyPIckles
Not sure if you're native born American, but speaking as one I can tell you the ANA burger is absolutely bland grammar school cafeteria style gross and the Polaris burger I had at LAX with egg and bacon on a Brioche bun was the best I've ever had at an airport or on a plane, by leaps and bounds! YMMV.
Interesting! I'll have to try the burger again, certainly they won't make it the same each time.

Originally Posted by hoboeater
Thanks for the input! I might skip the food at the Polaris at ORD and head straight into the showers.
Give it a try anyways, maybe you'll really like the food or something else on the menu will speak to you! The showers are definitely a nice touch though, feels great being fresh and flying in F.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 9:49 am

Does anyone have the reduced menu for the red-eye HND-LAX?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.