Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex transfer to ANA taking longer?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:58 am

It finally happened, but it took about two weeks and six phone calls. Hopefully they will improve their process.
bizum likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 11:46 am

The miles finally came in last week. Not sure whether it followed my calls or would have happened anyway. In any case, it took about three days earlier this year and almost three weeks this time.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 3:34 pm

Any idea the "time" of day points usually post? Is it EST 12am or some set time in japan?
Old Mar 29, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: DL Silver Medallion, NH, SPG
Last time I transferred was about 6 months ago, but even then they transferred in less than a day. I don't fly to Japan as often as I used to so all of my AMC miles just end up expiring which just irks me tremendously, so I've just been dumping all of my AMEX points into my DL account since I fly them more often anyway.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
just transferred 90k pts and took about 3.5 days.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Transferred 95K points to a new ANA account on Monday 9PM and it arrived today, Wednesday at 9AM. (had checked at 7AM and no miles yet) So total time was 36 hours.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 3:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
My last 3 transfers this year. 1 Day, 4 days, 13 days.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
Just curious, when you transfer these AMEX points to miles, do they appear in your ANA account as ANA miles or partner miles?
Old Jul 4, 2018, 11:16 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
July 2018: Transferred around noon PDT Monday and received it early Wednesday morning around 5AM PDT
Old Jul 4, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by nov11
July 2018: Transferred around noon PDT Monday and received it early Wednesday morning around 5AM PDT
My 6 transfers this yr has been 2 days as well.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
So it’s been 72 hours since I transferred the points and they haven’t shown up yet. I’ve transferred before so the account is not new. Award seats are very limited for my dates and I need 5x tix. Ugh!!

if I wanted to inquire, would I call Amex or ANA?

UPDATE: Points hit ANA just over 72 hours. I did miss out on the exact itinerary I wanted, but I reversed the order of our trip and made it work. I really wish these transfers either went instant or receiving airline allowed holds (in my case would've been partner airline though). Last summer I sweated it out for Asia Miles CX transfer for 5x J. All ended well, but I think I aged a decade in the transfer time.

Last edited by Stgermainparis; Aug 14, 2018 at 8:12 pm
Old Aug 14, 2018, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
So it’s been 72 hours since I transferred the points and they haven’t shown up yet. I’ve transferred before so the account is not new. Award seats are very limited for my dates and I need 5x tix. Ugh!!

if I wanted to inquire, would I call Amex or ANA?

UPDATE: Points hit ANA just over 72 hours. I did miss out on the exact itinerary I wanted, but I reversed the order of our trip and made it work. I really wish these transfers either went instant or receiving airline allowed holds (in my case would've been partner airline though). Last summer I sweated it out for Asia CX transfer for 5x J. All ended well, but I think I aged a decade in the transfer time.
Sorry to hear that - but by in large, AMEX to ANA takes ~36-48 hours from everyone else's anecdotal evidence. I know that doesn't help for you, but have faith that the system works and is fairly consistent.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by hardworking21
Sorry to hear that - but by in large, AMEX to ANA takes ~36-48 hours from everyone else's anecdotal evidence. I know that doesn't help for you, but have faith that the system works and is fairly consistent.
I wouldn't use the word consistent, though the system "works". Plenty of anecdotal evidence with varying times of transfer from 1 day to 13 days. While the majority are 2-4 days, even that difference can mean securing award tix is stressful.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I wouldn't use the word consistent, though the system "works". Plenty of anecdotal evidence with varying times of transfer from 1 day to 13 days. While the majority are 2-4 days, even that difference can mean securing award tix is stressful.
Fully hear you! Wish it was an instant match, but alas that is out of our hands.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:57 am

I'll add my data point: 48 hours almost on the nose.

Transfer initiated on 2/26 at 11:15 AM ET; Received 2/28 at 11:20 AM ET

(At least that's when I checked. I checked around 10 AM and it wasn't there yet.)
Stgermainparis likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.