Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

ANA lounge access for NH833 OPERATED by Air Japan?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2017, 2:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium

Flying my parents Business on NH833 Narita to SGN ON 7/19 and it says operated by Air Japan doing business as All Nippon, so I'm totally confused.

Would my elderly parents have access to the ANA Business Class lounge?

They have a 4 hour layover coming in from SFO UA837 Polaris Business cabin.

Since they will need wheel chair assist once they land in Narita, hope the assistants know which lounge would be best for them.

Would appreciate any feedback and advice to help my parents out.

TIA
Old May 22, 2017, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Operated by Air Japan means that ANA's fully owned subsidiary is operating the flight. There is no difference in lounge service.

I have booked wheelchair service for my mother in Narita, and normally they will ask if there is a preferred lounge,though they will recommend ANA in a shuttle way.
Old May 22, 2017, 3:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Operated by Air Japan means that ANA's fully owned subsidiary is operating the flight. There is no difference in lounge service.

I have booked wheelchair service for my mother in Narita, and normally they will ask if there is a preferred lounge,though they will recommend ANA in a shuttle way.
Thank you very much CPH-Flyer.

Regarding the wheelchair service, will the staff know to take you to a lounge when they see that you're a first/business class passenger or will you specifically have to ask them to take you to a lounge? I'm assuming the ANA lounge is best for my parents or do you suggest others close to their connecting gate?

My parents don't communicate very well and perhaps I'll write a note down for them to present the wheel chair assist staff just in case.

Lastly, does wheel chair service know when to come back and pick my parents up at the lounge to take them to the departure gate for boarding?

Sincere thanks
Old May 22, 2017, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by vg247
Thank you very much CPH-Flyer.

Regarding the wheelchair service, will the staff know to take you to a lounge when they see that you're a first/business class passenger or will you specifically have to ask them to take you to a lounge? I'm assuming the ANA lounge is best for my parents or do you suggest others close to their connecting gate?

My parents don't communicate very well and perhaps I'll write a note down for them to present the wheel chair assist staff just in case.

Lastly, does wheel chair service know when to come back and pick my parents up at the lounge to take them to the departure gate for boarding?

Sincere thanks
For my mother they offered the lounge immediately. The offer was 'the UA lounge close to the gate, or the NH lounge which has more Japanese food options to try'.

They came back when it was time to go for boarding, I would probably still ask them to keep an eye on time, mistakes can happen. Even for NH.

I would write them a note if you worry about communication. Not that I think they will need it. But better safe than sorry.
Old May 22, 2017, 5:32 am

Forgive me for being OT, but would it beneficial to ditch Air Japan and just merge it with ANA mainline similar to JALways being ditched?

I'm confused with all these subsidiaries!
Old May 22, 2017, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by maortega15
Forgive me for being OT, but would it beneficial to ditch Air Japan and just merge it with ANA mainline similar to JALways being ditched?

Usually it is due to a lower pay scales and more flexible working conditions than the legacy main company.
Old May 22, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: UAL 1k
Originally Posted by maortega15

It is a confusing situation for some. All of the office staff and management pilots are actually ANA employees. The cabin attendants are Air Japan employees. The pilots are employed by offshore recruiting agencies and are 99% foreigners. Due to this, there is no Japanese tax or residency offered to the pilots.

It does save ANA money by having Air Japan. Not only are the crews paid less, but the layovers are normally shorter due to not having the same work rules as the ANA unionized pilots.
Old May 22, 2017, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
For my mother they offered the lounge immediately. The offer was 'the UA lounge close to the gate, or the NH lounge which has more Japanese food options to try'.

They came back when it was time to go for boarding, I would probably still ask them to keep an eye on time, mistakes can happen. Even for NH.

I would write them a note if you worry about communication. Not that I think they will need it. But better safe than sorry.
Thank you so much, I'll communicate to the airline and also have a written note for my parents to provide just in case. I'll request for them to be taken to the ANA lounge.

I really appreciate your help and feedback on this, many thanks and safe travels

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.