Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

End of Issuance of ANA Mileage Club Edy Cards from Jul 3 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:32 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum

https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/japan/e/lo...ard/index.html

Just found out NH will stop issuing AMC card with Edy function after Jul 3 2017. We can still use the Edy enabled AMC card but NH won't be replacing them if they are lost or damaged.

Anyone know if we will still be able to continue to earn AMC miles with Edy though?
Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:10 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Japan Forum, Skyteam Elite Plus, BW Diamond Select, HHonors Gold, NWA, DL, NH
My ANA (credit card) has an EDY chip and haven't heard anything from them yet.

I think this is a push for more to use the ANA app. One of the advantages of the IC (edy) equipped membership card vs the non IC chip one in the past was the ability to use the SKIP check in service (just touch your IC card on the scanner at security and at the boarding gate for domestic flights), but since December you can also use the ANA app barcode to checkin.

Good they still are going to issue a base card, many airlines have gone to only APP/Ecards like Delta and Asiana for some lower tier members.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 6:13 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
it would be interesting how a NH Star Alliance Gold member will prove his status to the lounge dragon at the Lufthansa Lounge, if they depart on a Eurowings/Germanwings flight.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by warakorn
it would be interesting how a NH Star Alliance Gold member will prove his status to the lounge dragon at the Lufthansa Lounge, if they depart on a Eurowings/Germanwings flight.
Eurowings/German wings don't give *G benefits anyway, so they will probably not need to prove anything. AFAIK only LH SEN and HON gets any benefit for those two. For the rest of the alliance members it is like flying any other non Star Alliance carrier.

That being said, the LH lounges have been happy enough with my SK *G card in the SK app rather than an actual card when flying LH.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 9:48 pm

Interesting news. I actually just had mine replaced this week because the old card was damaged and not being read on the EDY readers properly. I will treat it with kids gloves now.When I called in to do it the rep didn't mention that it was being phased out. She just confirmed my address and sent a new on out immediately. The Japanese site is still indicating that we will earn 1 mile per 200 yen spent...and 1 mile per 100 yen spent at certain partners ie Matsumoto Kiyoshi. But it is worth noting that ANA never "supported" the EDY/IC function. If there was ever a problem with that they would refer you to contact Rakuten directly.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 3:11 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Eurowings/German wings don't give *G benefits anyway, so they will probably not need to prove anything. AFAIK only LH SEN and HON gets any benefit for those two. For the rest of the alliance members it is like flying any other non Star Alliance carrier.
Slightly OT here but NH and UA have arrangements so their *G members can access LH lounges when flying on Eurowings/Germanwings.

Passengers who have a Star Alliance Gold Card, however, do not have access to the Lufthansa Lounges. Exceptions to this are the Star Alliance Gold Card customers of the airlines United Airlines (UA) and All Nippon Airways (NH), who receive access to Lufthansa's Senator and Business Lounges.
http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Lounge-types-and-access
Old Apr 9, 2017, 10:56 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Japan Forum, Skyteam Elite Plus, BW Diamond Select, HHonors Gold, NWA, DL, NH
They show them their regular non equipped EDY card. ANA is not stopping the issuing of membership cards, just EDY (IC) chip versions of the card.

However other Star Alliance members, eg Asiana have already stopped issuing basic membership cards. Delta has done away with basic, silver and gold cards as well.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 6:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
What? NH and UA have a special arragement with Eurowings regarding lounge access their own status pax.
The status is not printed on the boarding pass, hence, one must show the card.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
What? NH and UA have a special arragement with Eurowings regarding lounge access their own status pax.
The status is not printed on the boarding pass, hence, one must show the card.
Yes indeed, as NewbieRunner already corrected me for and pointed out.

The second part of my reply, that the ladies & gentlemen at the Lufthansa lounges are perfectly happy to accept virtual cards at point of entry is still valid. The worry about not being able to show an actual card to LH is not necessary, an app on a smart phone is fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.