Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

[Consolidated] ANA award redemptions on Etihad (EY)

[Consolidated] ANA award redemptions on Etihad (EY)

Old Mar 18, 2017, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
Do you get the chauffeur on a stopover in AUH? I'm wondering if they would take you to Dubai and then pick you up.
Business class and no status normally gives you two chauffeur drives on the trip, you can place them in cities of your choice along the route provided the city offers the service. For AUH the range is within UAE, so yes Dubai and back is an option.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1k, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Do you get the chauffeur on a stopover in AUH? I'm wondering if they would take you to Dubai and then pick you up.
Yup I have heard this is possible and am planning to arrange this for my parent's trip. edit: to add to CPH's comment, they are flying first on two of the legs which is why I believe they have all available chauffeur options.

Old Mar 30, 2017, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Yep. I had a pickup and drop off in Dec/Jan from AUH to Grand Hyatt Dubai and back on a stop-over.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: HHonors Dia, PC Plat, DL PM, SPG Gold
Can you do IAD-AUH-BOM return on an ANA award on EY metal? I am confused by the connecting rules with respect to the three areas they have created.

Thank you,

naroowal
Old May 5, 2017, 9:42 pm

Iad to MAA on etihad using ANA miles

Wasabi,
Is it $136k miles for business class or 136k+80k?
I spoke with 2 different agents at ANH and one said it ha to be two tickets since it's not through Europe and another said 136k and was sure about it.
Which one is correct?
Old May 6, 2017, 11:50 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by BIZDOCK
Wasabi,
Is it $136k miles for business class or 136k+80k?
104000miles(North America to Middle East)+80000miles(Middle East to Asia 2)

I spoke with 2 different agents at ANH and one said it ha to be two tickets since it's not through Europe and another said 136k and was sure about it.
Which one is correct?
Two award tickets are required.

see
https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/japan/e/as...d/tk/zone.html

[Connecting Points Which Cannot Be Selected]

Area2 for (Area1 to/from Area3)
Old Jul 11, 2017, 7:10 pm

Can you go from US to Moscow thru Abu dhabi in 104k? they are in the same Area?

Area 1 North America, Central America, South America, Hawaii
Area 2 Europe, Middle East, Africa
Area 3 Japan, South Korea, China, Southeast Asia, South Asia, Southwest Pacific

Last edited by jasmians; Jul 13, 2017 at 12:42 pm
Old Jul 13, 2017, 12:45 pm

ANA routing rule for Etihad Airlines

So, Can we use ANA miles on Etihad airlines to go from NorthAmerica to Europe? I read somewhere you can go to Africa from middle east using the same miles 104K for J class.
Do this go by Area or Zone?
Old Jul 14, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by jasmians
Can you go from US to Moscow thru Abu dhabi in 104k? they are in the same Area?

IMHO, No, you can't.
However,
US to Abu Dahbi through Moscow costs 104,000 miles for business class.

You have to allocate a turnaround point at which requires highest miles (In this case, AUH, not DME).
Old Jul 14, 2017, 10:36 am

[QUOTE=Wasabi Tofu;28559888]IMHO, No, you can't.
However,
US to Abu Dhabi through Moscow costs 104,000 miles for business class."

>> Didn't understand this. I want to go to Moscow. How do I choose etihad airlines from north america using ANA miles to achieve that? Moscow flight is from Abu dhabi only.

Last edited by jasmians; Jul 14, 2017 at 10:47 am
Old Jul 14, 2017, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by jasmians
>> Didn't understand this. I want to go to Moscow. How do I choose etihad airlines from north america using ANA miles to achieve that? Moscow flight is from Abu dhabi only.
If ANA has a favorite interpretation as follows, you can do by 104000 miles
(You may call ANA and try).

Outbound:
US --------------------------------> AUH
Inbound
US <----- AUH <------ DME <------ AUH

Otherwise, you need two awards as
US <-> AUH (10400miles)
and
AUH <-> DME (68000 miles)
Old Jul 16, 2017, 1:37 am

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, Hilton Diamond
I am planning a complicated itinerary for next year for my parents. I need some help to determine if its allowed. There will be 3 nested tickets - 1 paid, 2 award.

Paid ticket 1: CCU - AUH - CCU
Award Ticket 1: AUH - LAX - AUH (104k miles)
Award ticket 2: AUH - JNB - AUH (55k miles)

Flight sequence
CCU - AUH (Paid ticket 1)
AUH - LAX (Award ticket 1)
Stay a month
LAX - AUH (Award ticket 1)
AUH - JNB (Award ticket 2)
Stay a few days
JNB - AUH (Award ticket 2)
Stay a few days
AUH - CCU (Paid ticket 1)

1) is it legal having such nested tickets.
2) Can my parents check luggage through CCU - AUH - LAX with first being paid flight and second award ticket on two different reservations. AUH is pre-clearance anyways but do they have to go outside customs in UAE to recollect luggage or just regular pre-clearance if allowed to interline between 2 different reservations, same airline.
Same question about interlining LAX - AUH - JNB.

3) If I did this instead CCU-AUH-LAX-AUH (STOP)-CCU and AUH-JNB-AUH, would the first itinerary be allowed with 136K miles or because of transit rules, i need two awards for CCU - LAX on EY through AUH.

4) most importantly, if someone offhand can tell me of cheaper way to construct this (less miles) where you travel from India - USA - South Africa and then back to India.

Last edited by ketelone; Jul 16, 2017 at 1:42 am
Old Jul 31, 2017, 1:21 pm

Programs: SPG/MR Plat, HH Gold, UA Silver
I was trying to back track SFO-AUH-SEZ / SEZ-AUH-JNB / JNB-AUH-LAX

For some reason the availability on expertflyer and Etihad's website didn't match the inventory for LAX and they said that they could only get this to work:

SFO-AUH-SEZ / AUH-JNB / JNB-AUH-SFO

Took a while to get the itinerary together. So I'm not sure if a double open jaw is allowed, but potentially looks like you cannot backtrack as they said after speaking to a supervisor the backtracking didn't work because JNB is the further than SEZ. Didn't quite make sense, though the agent's english was fairly high level.
Woah that's definitely interesting...

@Astrophsx how did you even get AUH-SEZ? Looks like Air Seychelles operates that route w/ EY codeshare. Can ANA process that? Unfortunately EY only serves JNB, not even CPT.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: SPG/MR Plat, HH Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Business class and no status normally gives you two chauffeur drives on the trip, you can place them in cities of your choice along the route provided the city offers the service. For AUH the range is within UAE, so yes Dubai and back is an option.
Anyone know if you can use ANA to book Etihad's Air Seychelles codeshare routes?
Old Aug 11, 2017, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by forkknifespoon
Anyone know if you can use ANA to book Etihad's Air Seychelles codeshare routes?
You can. I have a flight to the Seychelles wth Air Seychelles. Wasn't a problem at all.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.