Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA award date change limitations - new?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2023, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

ANA award date change limitations - new?

Have an ANA award flight in October that I need to push out by around 11 months, but the agent told me that I cannot push it past 355 days after the ticket ISSUANCE date. In the past I've been able to push a reservation pretty indefinitely by calling in every 10 months or so and pushing it however much farther I need to. This time, however, the agent mentioned this time limit based on ticket issued date(which was Jan of this year, so I can theoretically only push it to late December 2023).

This is contrary to personal experiences I've had with ANA up to this point. Is this a new restriction? Or have I just gotten favorable agents in the past?

Thanks,
heli
Old Sep 8, 2023, 12:42 pm

This is not a new limitation. The agent is correct.

My understanding:
If you haven't taken outbound flight, then you push it max 355 days after the ticket ISSUANCE date.
If you have taken the outbound flight, then you can push it max 355 days after the FIRST OUTBOUND flight date.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tonywush

My understanding:
If you haven't taken outbound flight, then you push it max 355 days after the ticket ISSUANCE date.
If you have taken the outbound flight, then you can push it max 355 days after the FIRST OUTBOUND flight date.
That's good to know, thanks. Was wondering if I got a bad rep, but sounds like everything is as expected.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 11:38 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tonywush

My understanding:
This is not my experience. I have pushed the return segment of an ANA award ticket beyond one year of ticket issue date before actually taking the first flight. You should only be prevented from moving the first segment date beyond one year.
ANA award change policy
https://www.ana.co.jp/en/us/amc/international-flight-awards/#anchor-usage-validity

Validity

• The itinerary must be started within 1 year of ticket issuance.
  • Sectors other than the first sector of the itinerary must be used within one year from the itinerary start date.

Example: For a travel start date of February 1, 2023

Departure date of the sectors after the first sector is valid no later than February 1, 2024.

Last edited by nexusCFX; Sep 8, 2023 at 11:46 pm
Old Sep 17, 2023, 9:45 am

While you can't change it on the webste, an agent should be able to. Just did that 2d ago.
nexusCFX likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.