ANA Suite Lounges at Narita

Old Jun 9, 2017, 4:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by MattEvan
These remain pretty sad looking! JAL has really leaped ahead in terms of F Lounges.

Do they still at least give out the nicer shower amenity kits to F pax?

I am frequently in the ANA J lounge there (same Gate 52 one, not the Satellite 4), and I was actually rather disappointed with the F lounge experience.

While there was the very nice champagne and more staff who were clearly focused on service, the food offerings were poor and really, other than being able to order off a menu, I was underwhelmed.

However, I understand the focus is not a Gaijin like me, but rather the almost entirely male Japanese fliers who were in the F lounge. Given my work, I find it fascinating.

However, no way is the ANA F lounge at NRT comparable to my excellent SQ F, LH F and CX F lounge experiences.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 5:11 pm

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MattEvan
Do they still at least give out the nicer shower amenity kits to F pax?
Yes, they still do.

I recall that one of the NH NRT F lounges has more food choices than the other. Sadly, I forgot which pod it is in.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 9:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by 24left
I am frequently in the ANA J lounge there (same Gate 52 one, not the Satellite 4), and I was actually rather disappointed with the F lounge experience.

While there was the very nice champagne and more staff who were clearly focused on service, the food offerings were poor and really, other than being able to order off a menu, I was underwhelmed.

However, I understand the focus is not a Gaijin like me, but rather the almost entirely male Japanese fliers who were in the F lounge. Given my work, I find it fascinating.

However, no way is the ANA F lounge at NRT comparable to my excellent SQ F, LH F and CX F lounge experiences.
Yeah when I went int the first impression was great based on the design but after visiting the food options it makes you feel like you stepped in a UA lounge with a noodle bar.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 10:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Yeah when I went int the first impression was great based on the design but after visiting the food options it makes you feel like you stepped in a UA lounge with a noodle bar.
Actually, I was also in the UA J lounge at NRT not long ago. Beautiful lounge and artwork. Some weird food offerings but could have been the time of days.

Lots of really nice seating and less sterile than the NH but still, yes, that's exactly how I felt in the ANA F.

Oh well, I've got multiple trips back to NRT and HND coming up, I'll just happily go back to this. LOL And since they share the same Noodle Bar.....

Attached Images   
Old Jun 23, 2017, 4:46 am

Programs: BR, UA 1k, CX
[QUOTE=MattEvan;28424031]These remain pretty sad looking! JAL has really leaped ahead in terms of F Lounges.

Yes, food does not look first class? Looks like food at coffee café? I wonder when new UA lounge will open, food should be better.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 10:37 am

LOL And since they share the same Noodle Bar.....

w/ "first class service" (expedited service)
Old Jun 30, 2017, 1:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Actually, I was also in the UA J lounge at NRT not long ago. Beautiful lounge and artwork. Some weird food offerings but could have been the time of days.

Lots of really nice seating and less sterile than the NH but still, yes, that's exactly how I felt in the ANA F.

Oh well, I've got multiple trips back to NRT and HND coming up, I'll just happily go back to this. LOL And since they share the same Noodle Bar.....

I love the ANA J lounges, but I agree the food items are getting a little long in the tooth - while I love those cute little sandwiches, Swiss chocolates, Hokkaido cheese, and the French fries dipped in Japanese mayo, I've been eating the same things here for over 5 years with no change...and HND is almost exactly the same.

Having said that, they have an absolutely massive turnover in this lounge, and since no one pays a membership fee to be in there, it's not exactly a money making enterprise. Truth be told, it's better then the OZ lounge in ICN, and still much better than any standard UA or AC lounge, but far behind a LH J lounge or SQ J lounge, but it's also a comfort spot for me with many fond memories so I won't complain too much.

I do envy you though, getting to travel to Japan so often - that's the job I've been seeking for years
Old Jun 30, 2017, 6:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bocastephen
I love the ANA J lounges, but I agree the food items are getting a little long in the tooth - while I love those cute little sandwiches, Swiss chocolates, Hokkaido cheese, and the French fries dipped in Japanese mayo, I've been eating the same things here for over 5 years with no change...and HND is almost exactly the same.

Having said that, they have an absolutely massive turnover in this lounge, and since no one pays a membership fee to be in there, it's not exactly a money making enterprise. Truth be told, it's better then the OZ lounge in ICN, and still much better than any standard UA or AC lounge, but far behind a LH J lounge or SQ J lounge, but it's also a comfort spot for me with many fond memories so I won't complain too much.

I do envy you though, getting to travel to Japan so often - that's the job I've been seeking for years
I replied to your post in the J lounge thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28506416-post2.html
Old Jul 5, 2017, 8:17 am

Programs: *$ Green
I think the main benefit of ANA Suite Lounge is the quietness and extra attention.

ANA J lounge lets even PE pax in.

But I agree, the augmented noodle bar and liquor selection isn't quite enough to provide a huge gap.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 10:34 am

Any ideas how long ago since the Sakura Lounge had a sushi bar and etc.?

You'd think by now NH would try to come close to it but no.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Any ideas how long ago since the Sakura Lounge had a sushi bar and etc.?

You'd think by now NH would try to come close to it but no.
The Sakura lounges never had a sushi bar, they are the business class lounges.

The revamped first class lounge in Haneda with made to order food openeed in August or September 2014. The sushi bar in the Narita first class lounge has been around since at least 2013, but before my JAL flying time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.