Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

25 Hr layover for an ANA international ticket, they help with the lodging?

Old Jun 28, 16, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz #1 Gold, Priority Club PLT, Avis Pres'd club, HHonors Silver

I just recently saw some poster in other forums mention that when ANA had this type of long layover (overnight), they would actually provide hotel voucher. We booked US-China tickets with ANA, US domestic is operated by UA, and a 25hr layover at ORD before going to NRT.

Will ANA cover the lodging for that night? I already booked a room using my Mairrot Cat1-5 cert, but could use it somewhere else if ANA's gonna cover it.

TIA.

My itinerary BWI-ORD-(25hr layover)-NRT-CTU-NRT-LAX-BWI
Old Jun 28, 16, 7:42 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
To my knowledge ANA has ceased STPC (stopover paid by carrier -- i.e. hotel). At any rate, your circumstance would not be covered since your stopover is in the US, not in Japan.
Old Jul 2, 16, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA*G, AA PLT, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Procter View Post
I just recently saw some poster in other forums mention that when ANA had this type of long layover (overnight), they would actually provide hotel voucher. We booked US-China tickets with ANA, US domestic is operated by UA, and a 25hr layover at ORD before going to NRT.

Will ANA cover the lodging for that night? I already booked a room using my Mairrot Cat1-5 cert, but could use it somewhere else if ANA's gonna cover it.

TIA.

My itinerary BWI-ORD-(25hr layover)-NRT-CTU-NRT-LAX-BWI
Is this a joke or what ? No airline will sell you a ticket that include a 25 hours layover in ORD period, not unless your ticket is dirt cheap.

If not you are forcing yourself a layover, and no airline will give you free overnight hotels if you force a layover.

P.S. There are 2 UA BWI-ORD flights arrive ORD at least an hour before NH11 departs, so there is no way you can't get one of the two, unless you don't want to pay more, or is this an award ticket and no seat available for those two earlier BWI-ORD flights ? No airlines pay for hotel accommodation when you are on an award. Not to mention, both UA and NH fly IAD-NRT, any reason that you are so stuck on flying out of BWI ? Or how much is the difference ?
Old Jul 3, 16, 9:40 pm

Programs: Starbucks and MVP Gold
I have SEA-NRT-PNH, with a 19h nighttime layover (landing 4pm, leaving 11am). Any chance that'll garner any sympathy? Especially since KAL/OZ offer conplimentary hotels?
Old Jul 3, 16, 9:43 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus
Originally Posted by Kuchingite View Post
I have SEA-NRT-PNH, with a 19h nighttime layover (landing 4pm, leaving 11am). Any chance that'll garner any sympathy? Especially since KAL/OZ offer conplimentary hotels?
Nope. Get a hotel in Narita and go explore the town.
Old Jul 6, 16, 2:19 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, UA Plat
OP Might be on an award ticket which is why OP has an long lay over.

OP go in the city, I went in the city with half an day.
Old Jul 6, 16, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz #1 Gold, Priority Club PLT, Avis Pres'd club, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG View Post
Is this a joke or what ? No airline will sell you a ticket that include a 25 hours layover in ORD period, not unless your ticket is dirt cheap.

If not you are forcing yourself a layover, and no airline will give you free overnight hotels if you force a layover.

P.S. There are 2 UA BWI-ORD flights arrive ORD at least an hour before NH11 departs, so there is no way you can't get one of the two, unless you don't want to pay more, or is this an award ticket and no seat available for those two earlier BWI-ORD flights ? No airlines pay for hotel accommodation when you are on an award. Not to mention, both UA and NH fly IAD-NRT, any reason that you are so stuck on flying out of BWI ? Or how much is the difference ?
Nope, not a joke, but the ticket is indeed dirt cheap. Booked through PL (regular, not bidding), $660 per person, and it was legit ANA flights (or codeshare) all the way. I checked ANA's site right after the booking and found a few more dates with that price (well, actually $10 cheaper than PL), most of them having this long layover.

It was originally a 23 hr layover, arrive at ORD 11am, and leaves 10am next morning. I thought there was rule of 24 hr to distinguish between a "layover" and "stopover", and that was why it was 23 hr. But got a few rounds of schedule changes, and now it became 25 hrs at ORD, which actually surprised me.

Since we've never been to Chicago, the plan is to tour the city for a day when I booked the ticket, and I had that expiring Marriott cert lined up. I asked this because I heard ANA offered hotel accommodation before for situation like this (but mostly at NRT).
Old Jul 6, 16, 11:21 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Procter View Post
I asked this because I heard ANA offered hotel accommodation before for situation like this (but mostly at NRT).
Yes, ANA used to offer such service at NRT but to passengers flying in first class. I am almost certain that ANA never offered such service to passengers in economy, especially not on dirt cheap fares.
Old Jul 6, 16, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA*G, AA PLT, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle View Post
Yes, ANA used to offer such service at NRT but to passengers flying in first class. I am almost certain that ANA never offered such service to passengers in economy, especially not on dirt cheap fares.
Incorrect, NH like JL and OZ did offer hotel service for all pax include Y, dirt cheap fares are irrelevant ($660 is cheap but not dirt cheap, many airlines are offering that fare end of august and fall travel for US>Asia, but in NRT only in its ANA hotel, like JL will use its own hotel Nikko NRT.

Back then NH had much less international flights, many US bound flights depart before noon, many pax coming from Asia wouldn't be able to connect, thats why airlines would offer free hotel stay at NRT to attract customers.

The only ones that are excluded are award tickets

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Jul 6, 16 at 4:17 pm
Old Jul 21, 17, 6:42 pm

ANA still does have a free hotel accommodation service, however it's only available when you have a long layover in Japan (Tokyo and Osaka). Also it's only available for travellers flying from China to North America.

Details: https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/cn/c/local...8/index_e.html
Old Jul 21, 17, 10:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, UA Plat
Originally Posted by Oj778 View Post
ANA still does have a free hotel accommodation service, however it's only available when you have a long layover in Japan (Tokyo and Osaka). Also it's only available for travellers flying from China to North America.

Details: https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/cn/c/local...8/index_e.html
Most importantly not avail for award tickets.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: