Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
Summer F Menu

deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 1, 2018 at 4:37 pm Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old May 16, 2016, 6:59 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Links to the latest menus offered on ANA's website are always available via the Master Thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/all-n...l#post18705502
Old May 17, 2016, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 1, 2018 at 4:37 pm Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old May 20, 2016, 4:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Dang, I missed the abalone since I'm flying in June.

Simmered beef and vegetables doesn't sound good.
Old May 22, 2016, 6:00 am
Original Poster

deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 1, 2018 at 4:35 pm Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old May 25, 2016, 8:55 pm

Smile

I was wondering how much does ANA really feed you if you fly First Class from like LAX to NRT on a Day flight?

I checked their menu, but will they allow me to eat during the initial food service, snack time ('anytime menu'), and finally during the pre-landing food service?

If I choose to get like 2 snack options between the first meal service and the second service, will the FA's not serve you the second service?

Insights will be great.

So excited though.
Old May 25, 2016, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by United5459
I was wondering how much does ANA really feed you if you fly First Class from like LAX to NRT on a Day flight?

I checked their menu, but will they allow me to eat during the initial food service, snack time ('anytime menu'), and finally during the pre-landing food service?

If I choose to get like 2 snack options between the first meal service and the second service, will the FA's not serve you the second service?

Insights will be great.

So excited though.
Depends on your flight crew. My best ever flight crew was when one of the Kyokans/teachers (who rarely board flights maybe once or twice an year) was aboard. They kept feeding me even though I didn't ask for it and the service was exceptional.

Unlimited snacks but only 1 main course meal. After the main course including your breakfast, etc. is just from the Snack Menu. Also you can play around with what you want like Tempura w/ Rice I just took Tempura as is and told her to not give me this or that. They also made smaller portions of different things so I could try it and I thought that was exceptionally awesome.
Old May 25, 2016, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Depends on your flight crew. My best ever flight crew was when one of the Kyokans/teachers (who rarely board flights maybe once or twice an year) was aboard. They kept feeding me even though I didn't ask for it and the service was exceptional.

Unlimited snacks but only 1 main course meal. After the main course including your breakfast, etc. is just from the Snack Menu. Also you can play around with what you want like Tempura w/ Rice I just took Tempura as is and told her to not give me this or that. They also made smaller portions of different things so I could try it and I thought that was exceptionally awesome.
So even if the flight offers 'breakfast' before arrival to the destination, it may not be served if you opt to get 1-2 snacks?
Old May 25, 2016, 10:12 pm

So even if the flight offers 'breakfast' before arrival to the destination, it may not be served if you opt to get 1-2 snacks?
Not sure which route but the routes I usually fly between the US and NRT only have 1 meal followed by snacks.
Old May 25, 2016, 10:25 pm

Not sure which route but the routes I usually fly between the US and NRT only have 1 meal followed by snacks.
Well, when I checked the meals by routes (multiple US cities to NRT) it has 1 main meal service, snacks, and then anytime set course either a Japanese or Western option.

So is the set course after the 1st meal service a 'pre-arrival' thing like on ANA C class (business)?
Old May 25, 2016, 10:26 pm

So is the set course after the 1st meal service a 'pre-arrival' thing like on ANA C class (business)?
What route are you talking about so I can check out what you mean by the "set-course"
Old May 25, 2016, 10:36 pm

What route are you talking about so I can check out what you mean by the "set-course"
LAX to NRT (Sample menu for both June to August 2016 and previous).

I am talking about the 'set course' on the 2nd page of English menu that is located on right side. ^
Old May 25, 2016, 10:39 pm

Gotcha,

Those courses aren't really set because like I said they will allow you to customize when flying F. FA's are super flexible.

As far as mixing International and Japanese Cuisine for the one and only "set meal" than that I'm not sure. (Never done that before)
Old May 25, 2016, 10:50 pm

Gotcha,

Those courses aren't really set because like I said they will allow you to customize when flying F. FA's are super flexible.

As far as mixing International and Japanese Cuisine for the one and only "set meal" than that I'm not sure. (Never done that before)
So basically treat it like an 'additional snack before arriving at destination'? Have you ever tried these 'additional options' that I mentioned before? Or have you gotten full from the snack options that was listed on the left side of the 2nd page of the menu? Just curious.

I love to read your and others' experiences and tid-bits of info.
Old May 25, 2016, 11:47 pm

Have you ever tried these 'additional options' that I mentioned before? Or have you gotten full from the snack options that was listed on the left side of the 2nd page of the menu? Just curious.
Yeah the light dishes anytime is pretty much repetitive. Same with Salmon being in the main course meal.

Never tried the prosciutto sandwich, green salads, cheese plates (I don't eat tomato, salads or cheese). The rest is so-so but it's somewhat edible. What I Mean by that is for example Tempura. Tempura is supposedly crunchy but in the sky it's soft and soggy. Fish Cakes, just hard and nasty.

Safest option would be noodles (Udon or ramen)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.