Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

First Class ("First Square") seating and service thread [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2018, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 24left
1-2-1 in 2 rows, 8 seats in total.
ANA website on F class is here (link).
F Menus and meals FT thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/all-nippon-airways-ana-mileage-club/1847163-f-menu-meals.html
Photos of the F Suites on the 777-300ER can be seen in post 120 (link).
FAQ about ANA "First square".
1. What is the best seat for a solo passenger?
Any of the window seats.
2. What is the best seat for a couple?
No consensus. Discussion on the topic of two people traveling together in F is here Two traveling in F or in post 121
3. I see 1A blocked. Is it occupied?
It will be released to all at online check-in (t-24) if not occupied.
4. What planes have the first class suites? Only 77W
5. What routes have the first class suites?
NRT-JFK,LAX,SFO,ORD,IAD,IAH on 77W
HND-JFK,LAX,ORD,FRA,LHR on 77W
6. Is the seat padded in bed mode?
Yes. A a flight attendant will add a comfortable pad atop the spacious flat-bed seat.
7. What's up with all this chatter about hot cabins?
The cabin temperature seems to be maintained very warm relative to most westerners' preferences, but it seems to be the prefered temperature for Japanese passengers.
You will survive.
8. Can you dine together with a partner in a suite like Cathay Pacific first class?
Unfortunately, no.
Print Wikipost

First Class ("First Square") seating and service thread [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2018, 11:57 am

Just wondering if anyone has flown them ex. ORD lately (the past two months or so) - our flight is exactly a week from today, and we can't wait!
Old Oct 29, 2018, 8:14 pm

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jmj10
Just wondering if anyone has flown them ex. ORD lately (the past two months or so) - our flight is exactly a week from today, and we can't wait!
Yes. I have.

Why do you ask?
Old Oct 30, 2018, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by roberto99
Yes. I have.

Why do you ask?
Just wondering how the flight was - food, service, ETC. We looked up the menu on ANA, and are very excited for that. Also, were you able to try any of the Hibiki 17? I know its being discontinued but have heard conflicting reports of it being available on some flights.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 8:10 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I think you may want to look at this thread for photos and info on meals, Hibiki, and service

Note especially post 21

F Menu and Meals
Old Oct 30, 2018, 10:17 am

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Just wondering how the flight was - food, service, ETC. We looked up the menu on ANA, and are very excited for that. Also, were you able to try any of the Hibiki 17? I know its being discontinued but have heard conflicting reports of it being available on some flights.
I have found all of my NH flights in F and J to be outstanding.

Since I prefer cabins with closed shades, I never understand the frequent critics complaining that the F suite walls block some windows.

Use the expedited immigrations line (with pass) at NRT. You will need to walk farther but it may save 20 minutes.

Enjoy your trip on one of my favorite airlines.

BTW, you will LOVE the F check in area at NRT (Area Z) and private security.
IndyHoosier and aquanine like this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 5:51 am

I know it runs rather warm in the F cabin. Does anyone have any recommendations on keeping cool? Portable fans etc?
Old Nov 4, 2018, 6:15 am

The leg cooling gel patches feel great could help if you become overheated.
rjruiz likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 9:20 pm
gpy

Originally Posted by rjruiz
I know it runs rather warm in the F cabin. Does anyone have any recommendations on keeping cool? Portable fans etc?
I am always hot, especially on Asian carriers, however we flew ANA F a few weeks back and I was pleasantly cool, if not a bit chilly. We brought USB fans with us but on our outbound KE F flight we were told we could not leave them plugged in during the flight. The FAs instead proactively turned the AC up without us asking. This is all to say, just ask the FAs!
rjruiz likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 10:58 am

Just got done flying ANA F roundtrip ORD-HND, and NRT-ORD. Can't say enough about how wonderful the experience was. Will be doing a larger trip report with photos once I get them all in order. A few items of note:

1) Hibiki 21 was served both ways. Would not serve us the 17, was unclear if they didn't have it or did have it and were trying to reserve it for business. In any case, the 21 was awesome. The Krug 2004 was some of the best champagne I've ever had.

2) Preferred the Western meal. Caviar was served both ways, full tin, delicious. Wine was great, did a sake tasting to Japan and that was also great.

3) Service was lovely both ways, but exceptional on the way back. The pursuer, Hisako, was 10/10. She came around and introduced herself to each passenger (there were three of us total), and let us know the flight time and that we would be experiencing some light turbulence outside of ORD. While talking to my husband and I, she asked if we were in Japan for a special occasion (it was a two week anniversary trip for us). Before the meal service even started she came over with a special edition half bottle of Krug (not the 2004, but a special cuvee), and an orchid to present to us for our anniversary. She also gave us a beautiful card with a bag of neat luggage tags and erasable pens. She was great in describing the meal to us, and when I was on the fence about the cheese plate (so full after dinner), she made me a small plate so I could "taste," and then unprompted brought my husband and I each a whisky tasting with some delicious petite fours.

4) Beds were made for us unprompted in the open seats next to us. Beds very comfy, loved the mattress pad and memory foam pillows. We each slept a good 4-5 hours both trips.

5) Got to keep the PJS both ways. They even gave me a set for my brother-in-law on the way back (he works for United at O'Hare so we also got him one of the star wars model planes). Cabin temp wasn't overtly warm, but the PJs were nice and breathable.

It's true that the hard product may be "lacking," but to be honest we didn't feel that way at all. We also didn't find the middle seats to be super obtrusive for couples, to be honest. I would just wave my hand obnoxiously through the middle partition to get my husbands attention if I needed to
chrisny2 and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 12:04 pm

Just got done flying ANA F roundtrip ORD-HND, and NRT-ORD. Can't say enough about how wonderful the experience was. Will be doing a larger trip report with photos once I get them all in order.
Thank you for the post! I will also be doing ORD-HND and then NRT-ORD this coming April. Looking forward to your full trip report. Will you be posting it here or in another section?
Old Nov 23, 2018, 7:49 am

Just got done flying ANA F roundtrip ORD-HND, and NRT-ORD.
Was the food better departing from NRT vs. from ORD? Can't wait for your photos!
Old Dec 1, 2018, 3:01 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Flying NRT->IAH in F in February. I noticed the Hibiki 17 is listed under F menu and Suntory Whisky Hibiki (I assume Harmony?) is under J.

I haven't actually had the 17 so am looking forward to that, but am sorry to see the 21 go...
Old Dec 1, 2018, 5:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by bigshooter
Flying NRT->IAH in F in February. I noticed the Hibiki 17 is listed under F menu and Suntory Whisky Hibiki (I assume Harmony?) is under J.

I haven't actually had the 17 so am looking forward to that, but am sorry to see the 21 go...
Yeah, seems like another sad downgrade.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by lentibeay
Yeah, seems like another sad downgrade.
I think it is driven by the same reason JAL does not serve Salon at the moment. It is just not possible to procure any at the moment
Old Dec 1, 2018, 6:25 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Bonvoy something
Originally Posted by bigshooter

Sorry to see the 21 go and it seems like they stair stepped it. I flew NRT->IAH two weeks back and they had 17 & 21 listed on the F menu, but the J menu on my flight the week prior IAH->NRT only offered Hibiki Harmony.

It looks like they are still offering the Krug 2004 and I can highly recommend that one. Fantastic vintage, but they did switch to a standard Krug Grand Cuvee after about two bottles. Both great champagnes and was nice to compare the two.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.