Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

First Class ("First Square") seating and service thread [consolidated]

Old Jan 31, 2018, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 24left
1-2-1 in 2 rows, 8 seats in total.
ANA website on F class is here (link).
F Menus and meals FT thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/all-nippon-airways-ana-mileage-club/1847163-f-menu-meals.html
Photos of the F Suites on the 777-300ER can be seen in post 120 (link).
FAQ about ANA "First square".
1. What is the best seat for a solo passenger?
Any of the window seats.
2. What is the best seat for a couple?
No consensus. Discussion on the topic of two people traveling together in F is here Two traveling in F or in post 121
3. I see 1A blocked. Is it occupied?
It will be released to all at online check-in (t-24) if not occupied.
4. What planes have the first class suites? Only 77W
5. What routes have the first class suites?
NRT-JFK,LAX,SFO,ORD,IAD,IAH on 77W
HND-JFK,LAX,ORD,FRA,LHR on 77W
6. Is the seat padded in bed mode?
Yes. A a flight attendant will add a comfortable pad atop the spacious flat-bed seat.
7. What's up with all this chatter about hot cabins?
The cabin temperature seems to be maintained very warm relative to most westerners' preferences, but it seems to be the prefered temperature for Japanese passengers.
You will survive.
8. Can you dine together with a partner in a suite like Cathay Pacific first class?
Unfortunately, no.
Print Wikipost

First Class ("First Square") seating and service thread [consolidated]

Old Jan 31, 2018, 6:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
F Suite photos are in post 120

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Simply put, ANA F is not meant for couples. If you really want to enjoy your time together, economy class is best!
Right.

​​​​​
Originally Posted by 24left
As I posted in the other thread, the ANA F Suites are quite private and not designed for any communication with anyone else really. Stood in the aisle for a while with an associate. Not really something one wants to do for more than a minute in F.

I found the thread where this was discussed

Two traveling in F

Last edited by 24left; Jan 31, 2018 at 6:09 pm
Old Feb 6, 2018, 9:00 am

what's the food timing situation on long tpac flights? i'm flying NH 1 (leaving IAD 10:55AM) and NH 2 (leaving NRT 10:40AM) -- is the main service immediately after takeoff? is it instead at something more approximating dinner time (at the time zone of departure)? is there only one service?

trying to figure out if i can/how to best manage sleeping to minimize jet lag...
Old Feb 6, 2018, 3:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by xerenthar
what's the food timing situation on long tpac flights? i'm flying NH 1 (leaving IAD 10:55AM) and NH 2 (leaving NRT 10:40AM) -- is the main service immediately after takeoff? is it instead at something more approximating dinner time (at the time zone of departure)? is there only one service?

trying to figure out if i can/how to best manage sleeping to minimize jet lag...
I flew F on NH 5 LAX-NRT (approx 12:30pm departure) and on NH 8 NRT-SFO (apprcx 5:00pm departure. First meal service was not long after.

I was happy with the NH meal times on the flights, but I would think you can tell the crew you prefer to sleep and have your meal at a later time. I've certainly done it in J on EY, AC, CX, BR and AA.

I spend most of my time flying over the Pacific on flights between 12 and 16 hours long. I don't care what time it is wherever. My personal strategy is I eat if I'm hungry, I sleep if I'm tired. I never worry about what time it is wherever. I fly with colleagues who prefer a drink and then to work for a few hours.

In case anyone is interested, you can also check out the meal menus here

ANA First Class Dining/Drinks

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/ca/servicei...eal/#anchor008

Select your city

EDITED TO ADD:

Here is a thread with F meals on my 2 flights.

F Menu and Meals

Last edited by 24left; Feb 6, 2018 at 3:13 pm
Old Feb 13, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: SK Gold (*G)
I might book a quite complicated routing for my next Bangkok trip in about a week just to fly ANA F which I'm a huge fan of. My original plan was to go with Lufthansa to try FCT, but no award seats has opened up, so it looks like I will go with ANA anyway. This is the routing I'm looking at:

Europe - Tokyo/Haneda, ANA First
Tokyo/Haneda - Osaka/KIX, ANA Economy
Osaka/KIX - Bangkok, Thai First

There would be a 5 hour stopover in Haneda. My question is: With the flight HND - KIX being in Economy, would I get access to the ANA First class lounge at Haneda at terminal 1 before I proceed to terminal 2? I know the rules are: Departing on *A F, or ANA C on a route there isn't any first class. But I'm not sure if "departing on *A F" has to be the next flight, or if just the same day is enough.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 4:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Simple no, because the domestic flight departs from the domestic terminal (after entering Japan), not the international terminal, where the ANA lounge is located post immigration (technically outside Japan)
Kajjan85 likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 10:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kajjan85
I might book a quite complicated routing for my next Bangkok trip in about a week just to fly ANA F which I'm a huge fan of. My original plan was to go with Lufthansa to try FCT, but no award seats has opened up, so it looks like I will go with ANA anyway. This is the routing I'm looking at:

Europe - Tokyo/Haneda, ANA First
Tokyo/Haneda - Osaka/KIX, ANA Economy
Osaka/KIX - Bangkok, Thai First

There would be a 5 hour stopover in Haneda. My question is: With the flight HND - KIX being in Economy, would I get access to the ANA First class lounge at Haneda at terminal 1 before I proceed to terminal 2? I know the rules are: Departing on *A F, or ANA C on a route there isn't any first class. But I'm not sure if "departing on *A F" has to be the next flight, or if just the same day is enough.

Just a fyi - this thread is about First Class seating and service. There are separate threads for lounge access.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 6:20 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Hi,

Is there a way to determine the typical loads in first? Flying NH109/110 in 4-6 weeks and right now it looks wide open (only one other passenger one one leg beside the blocked 1A).
Old Feb 27, 2018, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
Talking Best Beef Ever?

deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 3:32 pm Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Feb 28, 2018, 3:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cyborg
Well, I just experienced the very best steak ever (not just in the air) on ANA flight 2 NRT-IAD on Sunday 25 Feb. It was the Hokkaido Grilled Beef in F and - my god - perfect medium rare, tender, flavorful, yum yum. I was completely blown away and not just due to consumption of Krug :-)

The entire western menu was superb and they provided a tin of caviar to go with the starters (on request).

Had a fantastic crew as well.

Nicely done ANA, thanks!

Cheers,

-Cyborg

@cyborg
There is a meals thread. It would be great if you could post there. Thanks

F Menu and Meals
Old Feb 28, 2018, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 3:31 pm Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Feb 28, 2018, 11:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cyborg
Done, as you requested.

Cheers,

-Cyborg
@cyborg
Thanks so much. Also, you made me hungry and well...no steak or Krug in sight.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 3:27 pm

77W First Class Seat Blocked

Is it SOP for ANA to block seat 1A in First Class on 77W long-hauls? Are there really only 7 seats in First?

I have had F on IAD-NRT-IAD booked for many months and the seat 1A has been marked as "unavailable" the entire time. It isn't my first seat choice but I am curious if anyone knows if it is blocked for some reason such as crew rest.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by GSBtravels
Is it SOP for ANA to block seat 1A in First Class on 77W long-hauls? Are there really only 7 seats in First?

I have had F on IAD-NRT-IAD booked for many months and the seat 1A has been marked as "unavailable" the entire time. It isn't my first seat choice but I am curious if anyone knows if it is blocked for some reason such as crew rest.
VIPs and full fare customers.. If not taken by any eligible customers, it will become available at check in. And yes, that is SOP.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 7:33 pm

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
There are 8 wonderful F seats in the NH 777-300's.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 9:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by GSBtravels

@GSBtravels

Actually, this question was discussed in this thread. See post starting with 12 and onward

Do ANA block seats in F?

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
VIPs and full fare customers.. If not taken by any eligible customers, it will become available at check in. And yes, that is SOP.
Which another F pax told me that was how he got his F seat.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.