Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

First Class ("First Square") seating and service thread [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2018, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 24left
1-2-1 in 2 rows, 8 seats in total.
ANA website on F class is here (link).
F Menus and meals FT thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/all-nippon-airways-ana-mileage-club/1847163-f-menu-meals.html
Photos of the F Suites on the 777-300ER can be seen in post 120 (link).
FAQ about ANA "First square".
1. What is the best seat for a solo passenger?
Any of the window seats.
2. What is the best seat for a couple?
No consensus. Discussion on the topic of two people traveling together in F is here Two traveling in F or in post 121
3. I see 1A blocked. Is it occupied?
It will be released to all at online check-in (t-24) if not occupied.
4. What planes have the first class suites? Only 77W
5. What routes have the first class suites?
NRT-JFK,LAX,SFO,ORD,IAD,IAH on 77W
HND-JFK,LAX,ORD,FRA,LHR on 77W
6. Is the seat padded in bed mode?
Yes. A a flight attendant will add a comfortable pad atop the spacious flat-bed seat.
7. What's up with all this chatter about hot cabins?
The cabin temperature seems to be maintained very warm relative to most westerners' preferences, but it seems to be the prefered temperature for Japanese passengers.
You will survive.
8. Can you dine together with a partner in a suite like Cathay Pacific first class?
Unfortunately, no.
Print Wikipost

First Class ("First Square") seating and service thread [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2017, 4:26 pm
ned

Programs: MTD pass holder
My situation is the same as United 5459 and I have decided on the middle seats. However, what should it be Row 1 or Row 2? After coming to grips with this I will get back to solving some questions about the origin of man!
Old Aug 22, 2017, 5:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by ned
My situation is the same as United 5459 and I have decided on the middle seats. However, what should it be Row 1 or Row 2? After coming to grips with this I will get back to solving some questions about the origin of man!
^
Old Jan 19, 2018, 8:53 pm

Programs: MP 1K, NH Diamond, EK Gold, IHG SA, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Just got back from F trip on IAH-NRT and NRT-IAH. Just want to share with you all that they have a new design of Pyjamas on board. It is much better than the previous one.

And they do have a XL version now.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 10:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by DKann
Just got back from F trip on IAH-NRT and NRT-IAH. Just want to share with you all that they have a new design of Pyjamas on board. It is much better than the previous one. And they do have a XL version now.
As ambiguous as your description is "new one", "previous one", this is what was offered, right?
https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/servicei...ide/f/amenity/
Old Jan 21, 2018, 1:23 am

Programs: MP 1K, NH Diamond, EK Gold, IHG SA, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
As ambiguous as your description is "new one", "previous one", this is what was offered, right?
You are right. I did not realized that they have changed it since Oct'17. My last flight in F was in Sept'17 when the top is with a zipper.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by DKann
Just got back from F trip on IAH-NRT and NRT-IAH. Just want to share with you all that they have a new design of Pyjamas on board. It is much better than the previous one.

And they do have a XL version now.
How true are they to size? US sizing that is. If I normally wear L should i stick with L or go a size up as asian sizing runs smaller?
Old Jan 22, 2018, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by blitzen
How true are they to size? US sizing that is. If I normally wear L should i stick with L or go a size up as asian sizing runs smaller?
You can try it out with L, and if it is too tight, they will be happy to change it for you. They usually have L size on the seats and XLs in one of their cupboards
blitzen likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 11:01 am

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
They definitely shrink a size during washing.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/servicei...ide/f/amenity/
The site says they started using them on Oct but I was on a flight in Nov and got the old ones. I just flew again a few days ago and got the new ones. Feels like they run a bit smaller than the old ones but they're much better quality.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 3:49 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Bonvoy something
Originally Posted by blitzen
The L should be fine. They accidentally gave me a LL on my first fight and it is a very big increase in the waist size from a L
blitzen likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:28 am

ANA F - Travelling with a companion

Do you suggest booking the centre companion seats or two aisle seats? It seems as though the centre seats will be hard to interact through the small window, while the aisle seats may be a bit easier.

Thoughts?
Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: Watergate
This has already covered in the F thread. The windows are pretty far forward and would be very uncomfortable to try and interact through. The F cabin is intended for you to keep quiet and stay in your tiny skybox, not mes around with your companion. Spend your flight roleplaying as an old English couple and retire to your separate bedrooms without a word.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 4:41 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by RichardNixon
This has already covered in the F thread. The windows are pretty far forward and would be very uncomfortable to try and interact through. The F cabin is intended for you to keep quiet and stay in your tiny skybox, not mes around with your companion. Spend your flight roleplaying as an old English couple and retire to your separate bedrooms without a word.
Simply put, ANA F is not meant for couples. If you really want to enjoy your time together, economy class is best!
Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:50 am
Suspended

As I posted in the other thread, the ANA F Suites are quite private and not designed for any communication with anyone else really. Stood in the aisle for a while with an associate. Not really something one wants to do for more than a minute in F.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 6:01 pm
Suspended

Here are photos from my 2 TPACs in 2A. It would be great if FTers posted photos as some people find it easier to understand descriptions of the F Suite and the privacy design, when seeing the photos.

Here you can see my suite on the 777-300ER, various views of the F cabin and so on.

NOTE: I was going to post in the wiki, but it is not visible to those on FT Mobile

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.