Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

First Class ("First Square") seating and service thread [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2018, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 24left
1-2-1 in 2 rows, 8 seats in total.
ANA website on F class is here (link).
F Menus and meals FT thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/all-nippon-airways-ana-mileage-club/1847163-f-menu-meals.html
Photos of the F Suites on the 777-300ER can be seen in post 120 (link).
FAQ about ANA "First square".
1. What is the best seat for a solo passenger?
Any of the window seats.
2. What is the best seat for a couple?
No consensus. Discussion on the topic of two people traveling together in F is here Two traveling in F or in post 121
3. I see 1A blocked. Is it occupied?
It will be released to all at online check-in (t-24) if not occupied.
4. What planes have the first class suites? Only 77W
5. What routes have the first class suites?
NRT-JFK,LAX,SFO,ORD,IAD,IAH on 77W
HND-JFK,LAX,ORD,FRA,LHR on 77W
6. Is the seat padded in bed mode?
Yes. A a flight attendant will add a comfortable pad atop the spacious flat-bed seat.
7. What's up with all this chatter about hot cabins?
The cabin temperature seems to be maintained very warm relative to most westerners' preferences, but it seems to be the prefered temperature for Japanese passengers.
You will survive.
8. Can you dine together with a partner in a suite like Cathay Pacific first class?
Unfortunately, no.
Print Wikipost

First Class ("First Square") seating and service thread [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2016, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by bjywong
Hi - I am flying NH 7 this Sunday, June 26 (SFO-NRT). How can I confirm if I am flying in the newer First Square seat?

Also, my reservation shows a 777 aircraft while other booking pages show the 77W so not sure if I should be concerned with a aircraft swap?

Thanks in advance!
NH only has one configuration for F, though multiple for the other cabins on the 77W. No need to be concerned.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 10:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by bjywong
Also the seat map errors out for the Sunday flights when I try to preview it from their booking page.
Call NH to assign seats but the they're going to block an good amount of seats.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 8:14 am
Original Poster

On First Class Square 'window' seats, will I still be able to see out the window more than just the horizon-line? I know that the seat is like a cube, so I know there is no immediate window next to me.

Will I still be able to see something out the window?
Old Aug 18, 2016, 1:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
Originally Posted by United5459
On First Class Square 'window' seats, will I still be able to see out the window more than just the horizon-line? I know that the seat is like a cube, so I know there is no immediate window next to me.

Yes.
When is your "upcoming" trip?
Old Aug 18, 2016, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by denkigroove
Yes.
When is your "upcoming" trip?
I leave October 3rd. I have 1K outbound; 2A inbound.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by United5459

You can't really sit and look out the window because the cubicle blocks the view. Also the shades are usually down the whole flight so the other F pax can sleep. Some people will occasionally lean forward and crack the shade for a quick peep.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Avis First
Any recent passengers able to remember if they're still serving the full course of caviar? On the website, the fall menu shows caviar as part of the first course but it could be that's a garnish. My flight 2 years ago had caviar w/garnishes as its own course.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 5:39 pm

Programs: Anything that still flies F
Originally Posted by monserco1
Any recent passengers able to remember if they're still serving the full course of caviar? On the website, the fall menu shows caviar as part of the first course but it could be that's a garnish. My flight 2 years ago had caviar w/garnishes as its own course.
From what it seems Caviar is only a garnish now and not its own course.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

I noticed that too. The caviar service is now imbedded in the first appetizer course.

Regardless of the caviar service, I am still pumped up for the upcoming first class flights.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 9:44 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Japan Forum, Skyteam Elite Plus, BW Diamond Select, HHonors Gold, NWA, DL, NH
Another item when departing NRT there is a completely separate enclosed First Class checkin and private security line for First Class /NH diamond passengers. Really nice and quick security to the departure immigration hall.

https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/japan/e/as...suite_checkin/
Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:19 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by railroadtycoon
Another item when departing NRT there is a completely separate enclosed First Class checkin and private security line for First Class /NH diamond passengers. Really nice and quick security to the departure immigration hall.

fondly called, "the Z counter".....
Old Aug 24, 2016, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 1:26 pm Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Aug 24, 2016, 9:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by railroadtycoon

Problem I find with the Z "Counter" is there's always only 3-4 agents there.

Half would be standing around telling you to sit down, asking what you need, etc. 2 would be at the desks. As usual the other counters are closed.

I like the sit down idea but I honestly feel like usually when standing, there's no line for F?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 1:58 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
When arriving in F in NRT - is there any arrival service (like in BKK arriving with TG)?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 6:50 am
Original Poster

I thought it was just the ability to go to ANA Arrivals Lounge for the 'Arrival Services'.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.