Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

First Class ("First Square") seating and service thread [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2018, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 24left
1-2-1 in 2 rows, 8 seats in total.
ANA website on F class is here (link).
F Menus and meals FT thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/all-nippon-airways-ana-mileage-club/1847163-f-menu-meals.html
Photos of the F Suites on the 777-300ER can be seen in post 120 (link).
FAQ about ANA "First square".
1. What is the best seat for a solo passenger?
Any of the window seats.
2. What is the best seat for a couple?
No consensus. Discussion on the topic of two people traveling together in F is here Two traveling in F or in post 121
3. I see 1A blocked. Is it occupied?
It will be released to all at online check-in (t-24) if not occupied.
4. What planes have the first class suites? Only 77W
5. What routes have the first class suites?
NRT-JFK,LAX,SFO,ORD,IAD,IAH on 77W
HND-JFK,LAX,ORD,FRA,LHR on 77W
6. Is the seat padded in bed mode?
Yes. A a flight attendant will add a comfortable pad atop the spacious flat-bed seat.
7. What's up with all this chatter about hot cabins?
The cabin temperature seems to be maintained very warm relative to most westerners' preferences, but it seems to be the prefered temperature for Japanese passengers.
You will survive.
8. Can you dine together with a partner in a suite like Cathay Pacific first class?
Unfortunately, no.
Print Wikipost

First Class ("First Square") seating and service thread [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2016, 7:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Unless you are finishing a movie. I let them know to let the other passengers through and I'm going to finish my movie.
Interesting. I thought they want you off like ASAP.
Old May 17, 2016, 12:40 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by United5459
Got another question for you all.

Does ANA typically use door 1L when disembarking once I arrive at NRT?

Will First Class passengers have to wait to use door 2L?

I have a semi-short connection so any time saved is a plus.
1L at NRT. At other airports they'll hold other pax back to let F off first even if it means asking J pax to stay in their seats and out of the aisle. I've been on NH flights where I have not seen a single other pax while on the aircraft. Relax they'll take good care of you
Old May 17, 2016, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 5khours
1L at NRT. At other airports they'll hold other pax back to let F off first even if it means asking J pax to stay in their seats and out of the aisle. I've been on NH flights where I have not seen a single other pax while on the aircraft. Relax they'll take good care of you
Thanks 5Khours.
Old May 26, 2016, 10:07 pm

United5459, you are going to have a great trip in NH F regardless of where you sit. I sat in 2K last year on NRT-ORD. See review here, halfway down the page or so: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...el-nido-2.html

I have more pics of the cabin if you're interested. PM me your email and i'll send you links.

I'm flying NH F again JFK-NRT in February 2017 and looking forward to it.
Old May 26, 2016, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by benjahman
United5459, you are going to have a great trip in NH F regardless of where you sit. I sat in 2K last year on NRT-ORD. See review here, halfway down the page or so: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...el-nido-2.html

I have more pics of the cabin if you're interested. PM me your email and i'll send you links.

I'm flying NH F again JFK-NRT in February 2017 and looking forward to it.
Thank you. I read it and saw it thanks. Did the food served on-board fill you up? I noticed that the dessert options you got were like Cheese and a 'cake'. Was that like an add-on to the standard 1 main food service?
Old May 31, 2016, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Does anyone know how big the storage area is that is below the TV?
Old May 31, 2016, 9:16 pm

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Just redeemed a first class ticket on 777-300er. Do you guys think 2A or 1K is better? .... any comments are appreciated.
Old May 31, 2016, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kylie79
Just redeemed a first class ticket on 777-300er. Do you guys think 2A or 1K is better? .... any comments are appreciated.
I asked a similar question. I ended up choosing 1K over 2A because I heard that the right-side of the plane gets less direct sunlight if you are heading west (from N.A. to Japan).

Are you flying west or east?

Kylie79, do you think it is better to get a 2A or 2K seat than a 1K? (Assuming 1A is occupied.)
Old May 31, 2016, 11:04 pm
Original Poster

I am very interested in whether people will say go with 2A or 1K.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 2:32 am

I asked a similar question. I ended up choosing 1K over 2A because I heard that the right-side of the plane gets less direct sunlight if you are heading west (from N.A. to Japan).

Are you flying west or east?

Kylie79, do you think it is better to get a 2A or 2K seat than a 1K? (Assuming 1A is occupied.)
am flying in both directions since its a return flight. On both flights, both 1A is unavailable. Not sure if it will open up closer to date of departure.

I think 1K isnt the best as its close to the galley. though I am not sure if that affects the flight.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by kylie79
am flying in both directions since its a return flight. On both flights, both 1A is unavailable. Not sure if it will open up closer to date of departure.

I think 1K isnt the best as its close to the galley. though I am not sure if that affects the flight.
1A is blocked for VIPs and high value flyers. You can ask at the airport if it is available.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 6:05 am
Original Poster

I asked the people on this forum about that proximity to the galley issue, and they think it is not an issue on ANA.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 7:56 am

thanks!
Old Jun 1, 2016, 3:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
I am very interested in whether people will say go with 2A or 1K.
1A tends to be the most banged up seat because all the PAX go for it at check-in. Like someone else mentioned.

Today I flew in 2K, my favorite seat. Why? Simply because the toilet is to the left, and I don't have to worry about unwanted sunlight from the PAX behind me.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TennisNoob
1A tends to be the most banged up seat because all the PAX go for it at check-in. Like someone else mentioned.

Today I flew in 2K, my favorite seat. Why? Simply because the toilet is to the left, and I don't have to worry about unwanted sunlight from the PAX behind me.
Agreed. However, I think u can have the same issue saying 'unwanted' sunlight coming from front of you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.