Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

First Class ("First Square") seating and service thread [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2018, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 24left
1-2-1 in 2 rows, 8 seats in total.
ANA website on F class is here (link).
F Menus and meals FT thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/all-nippon-airways-ana-mileage-club/1847163-f-menu-meals.html
Photos of the F Suites on the 777-300ER can be seen in post 120 (link).
FAQ about ANA "First square".
1. What is the best seat for a solo passenger?
Any of the window seats.
2. What is the best seat for a couple?
No consensus. Discussion on the topic of two people traveling together in F is here Two traveling in F or in post 121
3. I see 1A blocked. Is it occupied?
It will be released to all at online check-in (t-24) if not occupied.
4. What planes have the first class suites? Only 77W
5. What routes have the first class suites?
NRT-JFK,LAX,SFO,ORD,IAD,IAH on 77W
HND-JFK,LAX,ORD,FRA,LHR on 77W
6. Is the seat padded in bed mode?
Yes. A a flight attendant will add a comfortable pad atop the spacious flat-bed seat.
7. What's up with all this chatter about hot cabins?
The cabin temperature seems to be maintained very warm relative to most westerners' preferences, but it seems to be the prefered temperature for Japanese passengers.
You will survive.
8. Can you dine together with a partner in a suite like Cathay Pacific first class?
Unfortunately, no.
Print Wikipost

First Class ("First Square") seating and service thread [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2020, 10:36 am

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
I have my Mom and younger brother booked in The Square later this year; it looks from some reviews that they'll be able to eat across from each other during the meal services. Is that correct?
Old Feb 7, 2020, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt
I have my Mom and younger brother booked in The Square later this year; it looks from some reviews that they'll be able to eat across from each other during the meal services. Is that correct?
No. There is a shelf over the ottoman, it is not possible to sit there. You might be thinking of JAL where it is possible
Old Feb 14, 2020, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by stillmatic
Anybody else get an aircraft change message for NH105? I'm crossing my fingers for "The Suites" upgrades!
Got the email for NH 106 for late April. I wonder what it is.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by anchor79
Just ANA shifting the plane, smaller or bigger J cabin, Y going from 9 to 10 across or vice versa. So many options for what the change could be.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 12:41 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by anchor79
I haven't received any notifications for my several upcoming NH105/106 flights, so it's not a widespread change.

Also, surely New 777-300ER (77W) F/C/PY/Y Seating (consolidated) is a more appropriate thread for these posts since it already includes extensive and specific discussion regarding frames and routes with the new product.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 6:23 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
CPH-Flyer that's too bad, from my memory the center seat "bones" are such that they wouldn't see each other while leaned back either. I guess I have to hope (probably in vain) for ANA to put the reconfigured 777 on their route (SFO to Narita), but my guess is that the Narita flights will get the new planes after the Haneda ones.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt
CPH-Flyer that's too bad, from my memory the center seat "bones" are such that they wouldn't see each other while leaned back either. I guess I have to hope (probably in vain) for ANA to put the reconfigured 777 on their route (SFO to Narita), but my guess is that the Narita flights will get the new planes after the Haneda ones.
It has always been one of the points of complaints about The Square, that when travelling together it is not really possible to have a conversation while in the seats, no matter which ones you pick. There is a small window between the two middle seats, but not really great.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.