Tight Connection Sendai

Old Sep 10, 15, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Lifetime Exec Plat (2MM)
Tight Connection Sendai

Due to a schedule change I have a 60 minute connection in Sendai, dom to int (NH-OZ) in Y class on my award ticket at lunchtime on a Monday next month.

I was wondering if this is likely to be doable or whether I should try and change my ticket to something less risky.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Sep 11, 15, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Originally Posted by Budley View Post
Due to a schedule change I have a 60 minute connection in Sendai, dom to int (NH-OZ) in Y class on my award ticket at lunchtime on a Monday next month.

I was wondering if this is likely to be doable or whether I should try and change my ticket to something less risky.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Sendai is a fairly small airport, as long as it is a legal (MCT) connection I would not worry.
Old Sep 18, 15, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
Sendai is a fairly small airport, as long as it is a legal (MCT) connection I would not worry.
Thanks for that. To be honest I'm not sure if it is a legal connection as it resulted from a schedule change (was previously a more comfortable 2 hours).

My concern is that I will have to exit airside and recheck as I'm booked NH FUK-SDJ and then OZ SDJ-ICN. If I miss the flight to ICN I will also miss my OZ flight ICN-SYD, which would create a few problems for me. This routing was all that was available at the time for my preferred dates.

So if the connection is maybe a bit iffy, I may have to try and change the flights from FUK or cancel the whole thing.

What do you think?
Old Sep 18, 15, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Is your booking on one or two tickets? If it is one ticket, you would have been rebooked if it violates MCT. Also, if it is one ticket they will check your luggage through and you will not need to recheck it.
If you have two separate tickets,they are most likely able to check your luggage through, as it is between Star Alliance carriers. But you could be below MCT...
Old Sep 22, 15, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
Is your booking on one or two tickets? If it is one ticket, you would have been rebooked if it violates MCT.
My booking is on one ticket (UA award). However, I have now changed the booking to connect with Asiana in Nagoya, which allows 1.5 hours for the connection NH-OZ. I assume that this should be plenty of time?

One further thing I'm not clear on. Given that I'm departing Japan to South Korea (FUK-NGO-ICN), where exactly will I clear Immigration - FUK or NGO, and what will the procedures be?
Old Sep 22, 15, 8:17 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Japan Forum, Skyteam Elite Plus, BW Diamond Select, HHonors Gold, NWA, DL, NH
You'll do exit immigration at NGO. FUK-NGO is a domestic flight, so after arrival into NGO you'll need to exit the domestic arrivals area, go up to international departures and check in (if you haven't already), clear security and exit immigration.

http://www.centrair.jp/en/passenger_...rnational.html

Search this Thread
Search Engine: