Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Left Behind Cell Phone Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2015, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
Left Behind Cell Phone Shipping

So ANA has already recovered my phone from the Narita lounge and sent it over to Chicago on one of their flights. They want to to buy a shipping label and send it over to them, but I'm stuck on how I should fill out the customs section. It was a Samsung S4 phone, pretty roughed up, chipped edges, dodgy power button. I'm more concerned about customs trying to charge duty on it. Is there a way to avoid this? It's a pretty old phone, and I don't think I have the receipt for it anymore..
Old Sep 5, 2015, 11:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Hello Dreamhigh,

I used to handle all logistics (air & sea imports) so I'm really familiar with what you're trying to do.

Where are you now?
Where is the phone?
Where are you trying to get the phone to and from?

How urgent is the phone?

once you have the above answered I can advise you which carrier to purchase an label from and whether duties and taxes will apply.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
Im in Toronto, phone is in Chicago, so trying to get it from ORD-YYZ. Not urgent as it is an old phone that I'm not currently using.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 10:42 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Your best option is sending them an USPS first class shipping label you can print online at an discounted price.

Exact weight is required. There's door to door tracking now on these and dimensional weight will not matter. You can just put, "Electronics" $10 Value.

OR since you're in YYZ deliver it to an local locker box in New York. Traditionally I know a lot of people from YYZ that go to New york every 4-6 weeks to go pick up some goods purchased. Electronics in the U.S. is much cheaper.

Your typical resellers in Canada buy from U.S. Vendors.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.