Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

[Consolidated] ANA A380 discussion (was Rumor: ANA buying A380s?)

Old Dec 15, 2018, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 24left
From ANA's website "The All New A380: Transforming ANA Travel to Hawaii"
https://www.ana.co.jp/en/us/promotions/airbus380/?cid=anaustop201812358

Great video of the A380 paintwork, from Airbus: https://youtu.be/wndab27nF8E
The first roll out, also from Airbus: https://youtu.be/ayQC68K9UhA

ANA Unveils the Features of its Honolulu Lounge (for the A 380)
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/all-nippon-airways-ana-mileage-club/1912260-ana-unveils-features-its-honolulu-lounge-380-a.html
Print Wikipost

[Consolidated] ANA A380 discussion (was Rumor: ANA buying A380s?)

Old Jan 10, 2019, 3:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Love the excitement here.

I would like to do this but will want until "the rush is over" but I am looking forward to trip reports and photos form all those here who fly it first.

Also, you guys beat the bloggers by a few hours it seems, lol

Lucky in crude screen shots of miles needed with UA MP, Avianca and what an ANA paid F ticket costs.

https://onemileatatime.com/ana-a380-award-seats/

Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:46 pm

Programs: United Gold
Originally Posted by love_to_travel
I booked a Saver Award in First in July! Thank you for the heads-up. Wooohoo!
I cancelled my NRT-HNL in First and got HNL-NRT in First instead (there still seems to be a lot of availability)

This is good because the HNL-NRT is
  • longer
  • day flight
  • meal by Noe at the FS Oahu (only on HNL-NRT, not on NRT-HNL)
I booked a one-way, I have no way home yet, I wonder how long I can stay in Japan
Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by love_to_travel
I cancelled my NRT-HNL in First and got HNL-NRT in First instead (there still seems to be a lot of availability)

This is good because the HNL-NRT is
  • longer
  • day flight
  • meal by Noe at the FS Oahu (only on HNL-NRT, not on NRT-HNL)
I booked a one-way, I have no way home yet, I wonder how long I can stay in Japan
Depends on your passport, for visa exempt countries 90 days. You need to book your return flight before heading to Japan, it is a requirement to be in possession of a flight out again. They might not always check, but you could be denied boarding or entry if you don't have a flight out of Japan again.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Depends on your passport, for visa exempt countries 90 days. You need to book your return flight before heading to Japan, it is a requirement to be in possession of a flight out again. They might not always check, but you could be denied boarding or entry if you don't have a flight out of Japan again.
Thanks for the warning, I'll make sure to book my flight back before I leave HNL.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:29 am

What's interesting is that there don't appear to be any revenue first class fares filed in any of the GDS's from anywhere in Europe to Hawaii with ANA. There are Economy, Premium Economy and Business, but nothing in First.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 4:13 pm
Suspended

FYI

I added this thread to the wiki https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/all-...nge-380-a.html
Old Jan 31, 2019, 5:44 am

The ANA Global Channel released a short video promoting the A380 the a few days ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un8fZ_MUhF8
Old Jan 31, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
There is still no NRT-HNL A380 flight showing for 24 May available for booking on the ANA reservation website.

I just spoke with the ANA agent in Paris asking her to look at the flight in the system. She said it is fairly booked and it exists in the system but not accessible to them for selling seats.

She thinks the inaugural flight is being sold through travel agents for package tours.

Is there a contact email for ANA Japan in English?

I can't seem to find any direct contact email address anywhere on the ANA website. I want to let them know I have a seat for the return flight and ask if they wills ell me a one-way to Honolulu on the inaugural flight.

I don't see any reason why they are not selling these seats to individuals - only just for those who are buying package tours. Is that even legal to do this? Seats should be made available to all. This is not a privately chartered flight. It's all out in the open for more than one month already.

They must make the A380 inaugural seats available to all as stated on their advertisements.

Just saying...
Old Jan 31, 2019, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by CDG1
There is still no NRT-HNL A380 flight showing for 24 May available for booking on the ANA reservation website.

I just spoke with the ANA agent in Paris asking her to look at the flight in the system. She said it is fairly booked and it exists in the system but not accessible to them for selling seats.

​​​​​
She thinks the inaugural flight is being sold through travel agents for package tours.

Is there a contact email for ANA Japan in English?

I can't seem to find any direct contact email address anywhere on the ANA website. I want to let them know I have a seat for the return flight and ask if they wills ell me a one-way to Honolulu on the inaugural flight.

I don't see any reason why they are not selling these seats to individuals - only just for those who are buying package tours. Is that even legal to do this? Seats should be made available to all. This is not a privately chartered flight. It's all out in the open for more than one month already.

They must make the A380 inaugural seats available to all as stated on their advertisements.

Just saying...
Of course it is legal to sell seats on a given flight only in connection with package tours. Look at the number of flights operated for tour companies in Europe that are not available for generally bookings.

You had screen shots of these packages tours, so it is selling that way for sure. My only guess by now is there may appear a few seats last minute, should they not sell the tour packages and when they know how many they need for press, VIP, and other invitees.

Unfortunately I don't have an email address to help you with. I have never been that good a customer of ANA. And, I doubt you would get any effect from calling the standard call center in Japan They will just politely apologise that they flight you want is not available, and that will be that

And where in their advertising does it say that there is seats available for booking for all in the inaugural flight. They generally say that the A380 starts operating from May 24th, and tickets for the A380 flights are on sale now.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 11:07 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Of course it is legal to sell seats on a given flight only in connection with package tours. Look at the number of flights operated for tour companies in Europe that are not available for generally bookings.

You had screen shots of these packages tours, so it is selling that way for sure. My only guess by now is there may appear a few seats last minute, should they not sell the tour packages and when they know how many they need for press, VIP, and other invitees.

Unfortunately I don't have an email address to help you with. I have never been that good a customer of ANA. And, I doubt you would get any effect from calling the standard call center in Japan They will just politely apologise that they flight you want is not available, and that will be that

And where in their advertising does it say that there is seats available for booking for all in the inaugural flight. They generally say that the A380 starts operating from May 24th, and tickets for the A380 flights are on sale now.
Why sell the first passenger flight exclusively to those going on a package tour with AMC? Something along the line is definitely not right.

They could have used this package tour scheme with any other Honu flight. It would have gotten them the same result with the same number of people willing to go on the package tours any time of year.

Why have they used the inaugural flight I can't understand. They aren't going to get much revenue selling to travel agents by priority. They could have gotten a lot of revenue selling the inaugural flight as a special flight for aviation enthusiasts and every other person wanting to be part the first A380 to Hawaii with ANA.

I tried contacting JTB in Paris about buying a package tour when they said 5 January with no results. I find this package tour scheme is rather odd when they could have sold it to the general public with much success even as a charity flight donating to a good cause of their choice, earthquakes, Fukushima or other.

Old Feb 3, 2019, 5:20 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
I finally watched the video on ANA's website. The F cabin looks very dark and foreboding like something Darth Vader would ride in.

​​​​​​​Anyway, I just booked my family in J on the A380 next Christmas. It's going to be a long wait. I'll just have to enjoy the A380 vicariously through trip reports until then.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 7:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Unimatrix One
........I'll just have to enjoy the A380 vicariously through trip reports until then.
+1
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by Unimatrix One
I
Anyway, I just booked my family in J on the A380 next Christmas. It's going to be a long wait. I'll just have to enjoy the A380 vicariously through trip reports until then.

How did you book it? (miles, which miles/program, cash, which portal?)

-David
Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:15 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
How did you book it? (miles, which miles/program, cash, which portal?)

-David
Booked on ANA's Japanese website. Bought the tickets with my credit card. Interestingly, ANA's J fare was cheaper than all the other airlines on that route for my travel dates. I guess they have to fill that huge A380 somehow...
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:10 pm

I did some poking around a couple of weeks ago on united, google flights and their english website and prices were ridiculously high, so high in fact, they clearly didn't expect to sell anything at those prices. I guess I should look again.

-David

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.