Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

[Consolidated] ANA A380 discussion (was Rumor: ANA buying A380s?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2018, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 24left
From ANA's website "The All New A380: Transforming ANA Travel to Hawaii"
https://www.ana.co.jp/en/us/promotions/airbus380/?cid=anaustop201812358

Great video of the A380 paintwork, from Airbus: https://youtu.be/wndab27nF8E
The first roll out, also from Airbus: https://youtu.be/ayQC68K9UhA

ANA Unveils the Features of its Honolulu Lounge (for the A 380)
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/all-nippon-airways-ana-mileage-club/1912260-ana-unveils-features-its-honolulu-lounge-380-a.html
Print Wikipost

[Consolidated] ANA A380 discussion (was Rumor: ANA buying A380s?)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2019, 6:23 pm

Any idea when this 3rd will run into service? Got award RT F in 6/2020, expecting.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
I've changed my NH F flight from NRT-LAX to NRT-HNL and grabbed another award on AA back to LAX so I could extend my tokyo trip in January another 4 days. When I booked the flight NH182 was an A380, and changed to a 77W several hours later. On Flightradar24, it looks like it switches between A380 and 77W every other flight or so.

Do these change often? I still have some hope that it changes back before mid January to an A380. Never been on one, all my previous NH flights flights have been in 77W F class, and would be exciting for my first A380 flight to be on NH F.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by seigex
I've changed my NH F flight from NRT-LAX to NRT-HNL and grabbed another award on AA back to LAX so I could extend my tokyo trip in January another 4 days. When I booked the flight NH182 was an A380, and changed to a 77W several hours later. On Flightradar24, it looks like it switches between A380 and 77W every other flight or so.

Do these change often? I still have some hope that it changes back before mid January to an A380. Never been on one, all my previous NH flights flights have been in 77W F class, and would be exciting for my first A380 flight to be on NH F.

I do not think flightradar24 is that accurate, especially predicting the schedule. Did you check their official website? you might just look into first class ticket booking directly to see. I mean the 3rd A380 seems comes soon, maybe you will get lucky to get that placed with another one? I got my UA flight to HK switched to the old UA Polaris seat, then I just directly cancelled that flight, it is so bad they do this.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by HenrySu1220
I do not think flightradar24 is that accurate, especially predicting the schedule. Did you check their official website? you might just look into first class ticket booking directly to see. I mean the 3rd A380 seems comes soon, maybe you will get lucky to get that placed with another one? I got my UA flight to HK switched to the old UA Polaris seat, then I just directly cancelled that flight, it is so bad they do this.
Not accurate in what way? Sure, it's not accurate for the future (only shows 7 in the future) because N numbers change and it's only as good as what's currently scheduled, but otherwise it's accurate going backwards and shows a mix of A380 and 777W (alternating for the most part day by day) for that route.

But, I was initially booked on an A380 with a seat chosen, when I logged back in to ANA's website a few hours later my seat was gone (only showed ---) and was listed as 77W and when I went to choose my seat again it had a 77W seat map. I guess I'm just hoping that as operations continue to happen over the next couple months that the A380 gets put back in rotation for the day of my flight.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 8:04 pm

Not accurate in what way? Sure, it's not accurate for the future (only shows 7 in the future) because N numbers change and it's only as good as what's currently scheduled, but otherwise it's accurate going backwards and shows a mix of A380 and 777W (alternating for the most part day by day) for that route.

But, I was initially booked on an A380 with a seat chosen, when I logged back in to ANA's website a few hours later my seat was gone (only showed ---) and was listed as 77W and when I went to choose my seat again it had a 77W seat map. I guess I'm just hoping that as operations continue to happen over the next couple months that the A380 gets put back in rotation for the day of my flight.

I mean the airline knows themselves better than others. Yeah, basically just things can change in the future, especially given the 3rd A380 was still pending, who knows when it will run into service. Now you probably can just hope, but you may also change your flights; for me, as I seldom fly to Hawaii, and I have been there before, I would rather switch to other flights if possible if it is an one way.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 8:19 pm

I mean the airline knows themselves better than others. Yeah, basically just things can change in the future, especially given the 3rd A380 was still pending, who knows when it will run into service. Now you probably can just hope, but you may also change your flights; for me, as I seldom fly to Hawaii, and I have been there before, I would rather switch to other flights if possible if it is an one way.
I'm using O availability through VS, so it's not as easy as changing flights unfortunately due to no other availability and the date I want to come back. It was either come back to LA on 1/7 (NH176 that I had scheduled, direct NRT-LAX) or get 4 extra days for my vacation and come back to LA on 1/11 (NH182 NRT-HNL and then a separate award to LAX using AA miles). Thanks for the replies though. Here's for hoping it gets switched back to the A380.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 8:42 pm

I'm using O availability through VS, so it's not as easy as changing flights unfortunately due to no other availability and the date I want to come back. It was either come back to LA on 1/7 (NH176 that I had scheduled, direct NRT-LAX) or get 4 extra days for my vacation and come back to LA on 1/11 (NH182 NRT-HNL and then a separate award to LAX using AA miles). Thanks for the replies though. Here's for hoping it gets switched back to the A380.

I am not sure the rules of VS as I am not used to that(as I usually found AV would be much easier and almost same price compared to VS), but the release of the seats within 1-4 weeks are still possible, like right now, if you check for the most recent couple of days, there were some business class for NH184 available. For AV, there would be a change fee of 150 USD, depending how much you value this single flight, but for me, I bought AV at 0.012 or 0.0135 usd/mile, and mixed it with one short haul economy, so the ticket itself does not cost too much, so if there is availability at the end, I might give a try. Just a suggestion.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 9:24 pm

I am not sure the rules of VS as I am not used to that(as I usually found AV would be much easier and almost same price compared to VS), but the release of the seats within 1-4 weeks are still possible, like right now, if you check for the most recent couple of days, there were some business class for NH184 available. For AV, there would be a change fee of 150 USD, depending how much you value this single flight, but for me, I bought AV at 0.012 or 0.0135 usd/mile, and mixed it with one short haul economy, so the ticket itself does not cost too much, so if there is availability at the end, I might give a try. Just a suggestion.
Thanks for the suggestion, but the award redemption is already said and done, only thing that will change is if NRT-LAX (NH6/NH176) opens up on 1/11 at point before my trip starts. The redemption was 86,000 American Express MR (+30% bonus) transferred to 110,000 VS miles. The round trip LAX-NRT-LAX flight was 110,000 miles+$200 fees booked on ANA via a phone call to VS, when I switched the return from NRT-LAX to NRT-HNL, I actually got 10,000 back after paying a $50 change fee.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 6:20 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Biz class meal time NRT-HNL

Initial reports in the spring/summer stated that it took 3+ hours to complete the J meal service on the eastbound A380 flights. Is this still the case? How quickly do they typically serve the meal these days? I'll be on this flight next month, and I'm trying to decide whether to have the meal or just skip the meal and sleep. If the meal takes 3 hours, I'll just sleep. Thanks for any replies!
Old Nov 10, 2019, 10:45 pm

Booked Honu F for June. They better not change it to a triple 7! Anyone done this flight? I went with 2A - last time (on the 77w) I did 2K... I think I prefer not staring into the bulkhead.

Last edited by pesos; Nov 10, 2019 at 10:57 pm
Old Nov 12, 2019, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by pesos
Booked Honu F for June. They better not change it to a triple 7! Anyone done this flight? I went with 2A - last time (on the 77w) I did 2K... I think I prefer not staring into the bulkhead.
what is ur date and time?
Old Nov 15, 2019, 2:40 pm

Snagged an a380 F return (which is what I really wanted) NRT-HNL on 6/23 instead, so will probably redeposit the HNL-NRT and fly from the mainland. Too bad NYC availability is nil, would love to try out the new seat!
Old Nov 15, 2019, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Snagged an a380 F return (which is what I really wanted) NRT-HNL on 6/23 instead, so will probably redeposit the HNL-NRT and fly from the mainland. Too bad NYC availability is nil, would love to try out the new seat!
Apart from the screen size, then the A380 F seats are the same as the new 77W F seats.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 3:10 pm

Ah I figured that might be the case. Do you know if VS allows mixed awards, like business outbound and first on the return?
Old Nov 15, 2019, 6:16 pm

mine is 6/21, two days apart

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.