Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Award Booking Help - is same passenger on two different tickets on same plane okay?

Award Booking Help - is same passenger on two different tickets on same plane okay?

Old Mar 6, 2015, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

I'd like to book my parents first class award tickets. The problem is of course that only one seat is usually available.

I've already booked them in business class as they would like to travel together and in case we can't get two first class tickets.

I was thinking of booking mom in the first class seat that's available now and then check closer to departure if another one opens up.

Is it okay for her to have two tickets on the same plane or will the system auto-cancel one of them?

Thanks for your help!
Old May 26, 2015, 8:17 am

Programs: Any program with a credit card, or good prices.
What was the outcome for you?

I'm interested in booking my wife in business and myself in economy hoping that another business seat opens up. I'm not particularly interested in wait listing since that means I might be left with balance in ANA that I might not use.
Old May 27, 2015, 1:28 am

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
Do it. If something opens up call to change your ticket. They may waive the fee.
Old May 27, 2015, 2:58 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Neither J nor F on NH is very conducive to either seeing or talking with your seatmate.

If it were I, I would just go ahead with the upgrade and not worry about them sitting together. That said, I've double booked a few times on NH and never gotten cancelled.
Old May 27, 2015, 6:43 am
Original Poster

I called in and it was recommended not to double book since the system may cancel a booking. Obviously YMMV and 5khours has been successful in doing so and never been cancelled.

It all worked out in the end for me as I was able to secure 2 F awards for my parents!

Hope your situation works out well too!
Old May 27, 2015, 7:43 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by 5khours
That said, I've double booked a few times on NH and never gotten cancelled.
Did you book it through AMC or another program (UA MP, etc.)? In my experience AMC is pretty good at proactively contacting you if you have a double-booking.

I'm just mad they won't allow double-waitlisting on awards...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.