Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking ANA Award on UA Metal

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2015, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Booking ANA Award on UA Metal

I'm looking to book a flight for my family from IAH to LHR next summer. I've been looking around at various point redemption options and I can't help but to be perplexed at the lack of conversation surrounding the excellent point redemption opportunities with ANA when booking a partner award on UA metal.

For me a IAH-LHR flight under the new regional based award chart would cost 72K per person RT in BusinessFirst on a 787. Award availability for four BusinessFirst seats is also fairly easy to come by, so why don't more people take this option?

Amex Membership Rewards transfer to ANA and 288K seams fairly easy to grab.

So I guess my question is, what's the catch?
Old Jan 7, 2015, 9:57 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by whoknew89
I'm looking to book a flight for my family from IAH to LHR next summer. I've been looking around at various point redemption options and I can't help but to be perplexed at the lack of conversation surrounding the excellent point redemption opportunities with ANA when booking a partner award on UA metal.

For me a IAH-LHR flight under the new regional based award chart would cost 72K per person RT in BusinessFirst on a 787. Award availability for four BusinessFirst seats is also fairly easy to come by, so why don't more people take this option?

Amex Membership Rewards transfer to ANA and 288K seams fairly easy to grab.

So I guess my question is, what's the catch?
Sounds good to me. The catch is finding 4 seats on any given flight. Don't think ANA charges a fuel surcharge on UA awards, so you should be good to go there. Just be advised that ANA award bookings likely carry more penalties for changes or cancellations than booking directly on UA, at least as a UA elite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.