Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

I wish ANA would fly to... [route speculation]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I wish ANA would fly to... [route speculation]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2014, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by MaHa
What do you guys think of YUL? Not much of a business city but it does have a large Asian community, AC connections, and no routes to Asia?
Better than YYZ for connections due to smaller airport, less crowded lounge, and no $4.52 AIF when connecting.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 10:13 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Wink

Originally Posted by Unimatrix One
Why did this post get moved to the "I wish ANA would fly to" thread? It is not an "I wish" post, it is a news report about actual ANA expansion.
As there is no actual announcement yet, it is still rumor about a new route. Once an actual announcement is made with timings, a start date, etc. someone can feel free to post it in a new thread.

Per the FT rules, please direct any other questions or comments regarding moderation to me via PM. Further posts on the topic here will be summarily deleted. Thanks!
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:58 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MaHa
What do you guys think of YUL? Not much of a business city but it does have a large Asian community, AC connections, and no routes to Asia?
There are routes to Asia, but not Pacific Asia...
Old Jan 6, 2015, 5:00 pm

Programs: JGC - 1 star
I'd like to mirror the heated conversation we're having over at the JAL Forum.
I wish NH (or JL) would fly to BRU:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan...87-soon-4.html

NH promised many times to look into it, but to no avail.

Even the Belgian king (then prince) went to ask NH to start it.

NH also mentionned BRU many many times, but they seem afraid to take the initiative. The demand is here, but JL is afraid, NH is afraid and SN is even more afraid because they don't have any reserves or aircraft suitable to do this route.

This route is obvious for NH, with SN operating a Star hub in BRU.

We only have TG, 9W and HA doing a handful of Asian routes. In the meanwhile, LH is sending B737's every hour and LX every 2 hours, cashing in on the Asia transfers. Even KL steals a few out of BRU, while AF's TGV's go loaded with transfer pax to CDG.

So who's going to man up and take this wide open market?
How's the NRT-DUS route doing?

Sabena used to fly this route via ANC and later direct with B743 and A343.
It was always packed, always full. Yet now even a teeny tiny B788 seems to be too much to ask for...

Last edited by Flanker2; Jan 6, 2015 at 5:09 pm
Old Jan 7, 2015, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Flanker2
How's the NRT-DUS route doing?
From the data I've seen, C is okay but certainly not in Y; I've seen quite a few times when Y class only have 60/70ish people.

Cheers
Michael
Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:29 am

New ANA flights to TNN Taiwan?

Read this newsletter, it mentions ANA flights to Tainan City/TNN (Southern city in the country of Taiwan), but did not see any other info if or when service will start? Anyone know if its correct info?

http://www.experiencetheskies.com/tr...ruary-16-2015/
Old Feb 17, 2015, 4:56 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Sounds like a rumor to me. I would have expected NH to begin flights to KHH before TNN, especially given TNN's proximity to TPE/TSA.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 7:59 pm

Would be swell if they flew to SZX (*A hub too)
Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
Would be swell if they flew to SZX (*A hub too)
For most people going there, it would be easier to fly to HKG and take the MTR there anyhow (including mainland Chinese as they can go to HKG 7 days visa free when in transit.)
Old Feb 17, 2015, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
I wish ANA would fly to ..... a place where they could buy decent business class seats for their Asian routes.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
For most people going there, it would be easier to fly to HKG and take the MTR there anyhow (including mainland Chinese as they can go to HKG 7 days visa free when in transit.)
I reckon the PRD could support another flight to Tokyo, though now that I think about it, a mainland carrier might make more sense for the SZX-NRT route. The yield isn't necessarily there, but the number of passengers sure is.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
New President of ANA talks about new routes...

Soon to be a new president of ANA Holdings, Shinya Katanozaka (currently vice president), has granted an interview with Asahi newspaper of Japan. Katanozaka has mentioned that ANA will have eyes on South America, Africa, and Central Asia for new destinations. Plan is to increase international revenue by 1.5 times in next 10 years.

JAL used to fly to Brazil and Egypt but currently no Japanese carriers fly to those destinations. Also, JAL has gone through government founded reorganization and Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport, and Tourism is putting restrictions on JAL regarding new route expansion till March 2017. ANA is trying to take advantage of that situation.

Katanozaka did not mention specific destinations, but Kazakhstan has been heard as Central Asia destination. Katanozaka mentioned that new destinations will not be determined by the demand between Japan, but main focus will be demand of new destinations with Asian cities and focusing on connection at HND and NRT.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 7:01 pm

Programs: meltdowngraded from "F" and "C" , Accor Plt, BW Dia, ihg G, UA 0.9999MM
AlwaysAisle, you are an earlier bird this morning.

Great news to hear. WSJ and Japan Times also report this.
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/201.../#.VRnuizldarV
Old Mar 30, 2015, 8:08 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
We've heard about Istanbul and Sydney before, but this is the first I've seen of ANA thinking of starting up Mexico City.
Old May 27, 2015, 12:33 am

Programs: JGC - 1 star
There is a devlopment to my Post number 79!
ANA might finally come to BRU!!!

The Belgian PM has met with ANA management during a recent visit to Japan.
He's very optimist about a direct flight between BRU and TYO, he commented after the talks.

The article also mentions that 120.000 O&D passengers travel on average annually between the two capitals.

Japan and Belgium are soon celebrating 150 years of diplomatic relations.

The PM doesn't expect it to be a daily flight, but several weekly flights.

Article in French: http://www.rtbf.be/info/belgique/det...pon?id=8978606
Le Premier ministre Charles Michel se dit très optimiste quant à la mise en place d'une liaison aérienne directe entre Bruxelles et Tokyo, a-t-il commenté à l'issue d'un entretien qu'il a eu en compagnie du vice-Premier Kris Peeters mardi matin avec les dirigeants de All Nippon Airways (ANA), une des deux plus grosses compagnies aériennes japonaises.

Quelque 120 000 passagers voyagent en moyenne chaque année entre les deux capitales.
Rumors on the Belgian aviation website are that ANA might starts flights as soon as spring 2016:

http://www.luchtzak.be/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=56289

There is in meantime more news about the direct flight of ANA to BRU.

According to the latest, they are going to start up the flight as from November 2016, but there is a big chance that they will start already as from Spring 2016.

It will be an evening flight and that's why the flight will be from Tokio Narita.

Last edited by JDiver; May 27, 2015 at 10:00 pm Reason: Deleted copyright violation

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.