Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

I wish ANA would fly to... [route speculation]

I wish ANA would fly to... [route speculation]

Old Dec 26, 2014, 1:17 am

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
I'm placing my bets for the new US route at BOS. My 2nd option is a long shot, but how about DTW?
Old Dec 26, 2014, 1:41 am
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
I think either an existing *A hub (EWR, PHL, DEN) or a new west coast destination (PDX, SAN) is most likely, but NH could surprise us.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 9:31 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
I wonder how the SJC flight is doing and what the future holds for its survival. I know several folks who frequent it, but I refuse to fly it given how close SFO is and the associated 3 cabin service. That said, SJC is about 5 min away versus 40, but that's worth it - plus the UA GF lounge @ SFO is actually decent for a NA based lounge offering.

BOS is pretty crowded, doesn't JL already fly that route? Then again given how the two seem to follow one another, that isn't so far fetched.

I'd actually like to see more options ex-LAX and/or the removal of the redeye which is notoriously bad, albeit I haven't flown that one myself.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by tng11
I'd love to see a 77W on SYD-HND - that would make for an awesome way to get from the US to AU one stop, all in F.
Doubtful, NH cut NRT-SYD from the beginning was because the premium yield were low. (SYD was actually one of the original int'l routes NH had in the early 90s, back then it was using a 747-200B !) Any Asia-SYD premium yield is always low, only US-SYD would get a better yield.

Hence you can see all those Asia carriers have switched from 3 class to 2 class planes to serve SYD like CX and OZ.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 11:09 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by MaHa
What do you guys think of YUL? Not much of a business city but it does have a large Asian community, AC connections, and no routes to Asia?
It's *possible*, given the AC hub and the fact that nobody (including AC) runs transpacs out of there. Nobody ran transpacs out of SJC until NH got in there. But San Jose offered business traveler cash. The only pure touristy intl destination NH goes to is HNL, especially now that GUM is out. Despite the AC codeshare, I'd say Toronto would be a safer bet in the Great White North, as it has far more Star Alliance connections to Canada and North America, along with CBP pre-clearance.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Doubtful, NH cut NRT-SYD from the beginning was because the premium yield were low. (SYD was actually one of the original int'l routes NH had in the early 90s, back then it was using a 747-200B !) Any Asia-SYD premium yield is always low, only US-SYD would get a better yield.

Hence you can see all those Asia carriers have switched from 3 class to 2 class planes to serve SYD like CX and OZ.
I was surprised when JL went for 77W and first class service on NRT SYD. I wonder if they can get a decent yield on the route? If they can, why not NH?

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Dec 26, 2014 at 12:40 pm
Old Dec 26, 2014, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Doesn't Air China also run 3 class to SYD?
Old Dec 26, 2014, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Doesn't Air China also run 3 class to SYD?
It's a seasonal upgrade and is more about increasing capacity in the back of the plane, and 77W is the only viable option (other than four-holers) that have the range to reach SYD other than the usual A332. You'll also notice that China Southern upgrades one of the SYD flights to A380 during this peak period, again its more about economy class capacity than first or business.

Cheers
Michael
Old Dec 26, 2014, 4:22 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by eamond
It's a seasonal upgrade and is more about increasing capacity in the back of the plane, and 77W is the only viable option (other than four-holers) that have the range to reach SYD other than the usual A332. You'll also notice that China Southern upgrades one of the SYD flights to A380 during this peak period, again its more about economy class capacity than first or business.

Cheers
Michael
No, JAL has 777-200ER with slightly higher Y+PY capacity that can reach SYD and SYD will probably continue to get F service after March 2015.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 6:02 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
I have merged the BOS-NRT route speculation thread into this one with the purpose of making this a more general route speculation thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,
armagebedar
ANA forum moderator
Old Dec 26, 2014, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by armagebedar
I think either an existing *A hub (EWR, PHL, DEN) or a new west coast destination (PDX, SAN) is most likely, but NH could surprise us.
I am going with DFW instead
Old Dec 26, 2014, 10:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JALPak
I am going with DFW instead
After just having announced IAH with no real *A feeders from Dallas?
Old Dec 27, 2014, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by JALPak
No, JAL has 777-200ER with slightly higher Y+PY capacity that can reach SYD and SYD will probably continue to get F service after March 2015.
Sorry but I was referring to the Air China upgrade in the original post. Either way JAL is currently planning 777-200ER operation in S15.

With regards to the possible return of ANA to Australia, I think the vital part of this would be the partnership with Virgin Australia and to provide domestic feeds from the latter.

Cheers
Michael
Old Dec 27, 2014, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by eamond
Sorry but I was referring to the Air China upgrade in the original post. Either way JAL is currently planning 777-200ER operation in S15.

With regards to the possible return of ANA to Australia, I think the vital part of this would be the partnership with Virgin Australia and to provide domestic feeds from the latter.

Cheers
Michael
Oops my mistake.

But the 777-200ER is just a placeholder until S15 schedule is announced. Normal practice for JAL on its "regional" F flights.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 4:06 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by armagebedar
According to this Nikkei article (Japanese), ANA is close to announcing it will relaunch NRT-KUL after 14 years, double NRT-HNL frequencies to 14x weekly, and launch HND-SYD flights in time for the summer 2015 schedule.

The HND-SYD flight would seem a prime candidate for a long-haul 787.
Why did this post get moved to the "I wish ANA would fly to" thread? It is not an "I wish" post, it is a news report about actual ANA expansion.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.