Search

Seats: Air Japan vs ANA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:08 am
formerly wunderpit
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond

Are the seats in economy Air Japan from NRT>TPE the same as ANA or better/worse? I'm talking legroom. ANA kills my 6'3" self.

Or is Air Japan actually ANA (UA codeshare)?
Old Mar 22, 2014, 2:09 am

Programs: NH Plat
Originally Posted by wunderpit
Are the seats in economy Air Japan from NRT>TPE the same as ANA or better/worse? I'm talking legroom. ANA kills my 6'3" self.

Or is Air Japan actually ANA (UA codeshare)?
Air Japan is part of the ANA group and uses the same aircraft.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA-Plat, United Club

My Air Japan B763 NRT-HKG was a little rough being 6'3. They were the no-recline, slide forward seats and I couldn't get comfortable. I haven't flown ANA though, so don't know if they use the same ones.

-dan
Old Mar 22, 2014, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by BalbC
Air Japan is part of the ANA group and uses the same aircraft.
Not exactly, NH's 763 only fly domestic, NQ's 763 only fly international. Domestic and int'l configs 763 are a huge difference.

Originally Posted by raybolt
My Air Japan B763 NRT-HKG was a little rough being 6'3. They were the no-recline, slide forward seats and I couldn't get comfortable. I haven't flown ANA though, so don't know if they use the same ones.
The non-recline, slide forward seats are actually a huge improvement in terms of legroom and seat width compare to the old version (recliniable, without the blended winglets ones)
Old Mar 22, 2014, 9:15 pm

-dan
Yeah, a lot of ANA's TP flights have the same thing in Y. The hard back seats that don't recline. At least it's that way on all of their 787's. I'm with you, I hate those seats. I can't ever get comfortable either. The only advantage is that the seat in front will never be close to your face. But that never bothered me a whole lot and, with these hard back seats, my back gets sore and my knees are crushed.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 6:34 pm

Programs: NH Plat
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Not exactly, NH's 763 only fly domestic, NQ's 763 only fly international. Domestic and int'l configs 763 are a huge difference.
ANA's domestic 763 are 763-300 and international configs are in 767-300ER aircraft; so absolutely these are not the same. But not all ANA international 763 routes are listed as "operated by Air Japan". I believe the difference is in the crew, not the aircraft.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum

-dan
I had an emergency exit seat on a 777 the other day, and suddenly the sliding seats were actually quite fine. With all the space in the world in front of you, the seats works pretty well. I wonder if they forgot to test them with a row in front when they developed them? As I also normally find the quite uncomfortable. But I would say the 5 seats by the doors are fine. Not sure that the seat in the middle have enough free space in front to get the same effect.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 9:30 pm

Programs: UAL 1k
Originally Posted by BalbC
ANA's domestic 763 are 763-300 and international configs are in 767-300ER aircraft; so absolutely these are not the same. But not all ANA international 763 routes are listed as "operated by Air Japan". I believe the difference is in the crew, not the aircraft.
You are exactly correct. The difference is the crew. Air Japan uses expat pilots along with a few ANA captains who are assigned to AJX. AJX also has their own cabin attendants with an occasional ANA attendant. The service is supposed to be identical to the ANA service. The aircraft are ANA aircraft.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 5:43 am

-dan
NRT-TPE route now uses older type 767-300ER(non-IOJ aircraft)

NRT-HKG uses newer aircraft with IOJ interior,and slide seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.