Wiki Posts
Search

How to earn ANA miles without flying?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2014, 5:20 am
Original Poster

How to earn ANA miles without flying?

Hi,

How can I have some ANA miles without flying? I know I can transfer some points from American Express. What are other ways?

p.s. I don't have any points in SPG (startwood hotel group) either.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 7:05 am

Programs: Korean Air Skypass, ANA Skyweb, Amex Premier Rewards, Chase Sapphire Preferred
ANA has a visa card you can get. Earns 1 mile per dollar charged: http://anacardusa.com/en_regist.htm Other than that, you can earn some miles staying at some hotels, shopping in the airport, airport services, car rental, taxis, electronic money "Edy" and the ANA mileage mall. http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/asw_co...hotel_dom.html
Old Feb 28, 2014, 8:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Japan Forum, Skyteam Elite Plus, BW Diamond Select, HHonors Gold, NWA, DL, NH
It's tougher if you don't reside in Japan. If you are in Japan then there are many options, eg using EDY to make payments at stores, and shopping at ANA affiliated establishment and using a Japanese ANA credit card.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 5:49 pm
swy

Programs: Greyhound Vermillion Mithril
I have a regular non-Japan-resident ANA mileage card (not Edy). I thought I could get some miles from shopping at Haneda but the cashiers in two places (one outside and one inside) told me that it can't accrue miles <= there were signs that say 200 yen for 1 mile, but they had got an ANA card with Edy logo on it.

Are there ways I can get miles from shopping or dining?
Old Jul 10, 2015, 6:59 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Japan Forum, Skyteam Elite Plus, BW Diamond Select, HHonors Gold, NWA, DL, NH
Where do you live? If in the US, you can try to get an ANA Card USA version. Otherwise, certain hotel stays can earn you ANA miles if you just have a mileage club number.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 6:45 am
swy

I am US-based, but travel in Japan quite often.

Actually, the reason that I want ANA miles is to use their award flight search function (for using my United miles), which requires that you have at least 1 mile in the account (is this still the case?). Therefore I don't need a way to get lots of miles, but rather just the easiest way to get one single mile.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 5:52 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Actually, the reason that I want ANA miles is to use their award flight search function (for using my United miles), which requires that you have at least 1 mile in the account (is this still the case?).
No I do not think that is longer the case.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 8:29 am
swy

Originally Posted by railroadtycoon
No I do not think that is longer the case.
Oh... then I guess I don't even need to do that. Thanks!
Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:26 pm

Programs: NH
Has anyone tried to collect ANA miles with ANA mileage mall?
That online shopping currently earns double miles due to a campaign.(at least for europe).
Any good experiences?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.