Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

ANA Int’l Suite Lounges HND/NRT (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 15, 2018, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer
ANA Suite Lounge is the name for ANA's first class lounges. There are international Suite Lounges in Narita (close to gate 50), Haneda (by gate 109), and Honolulu. In addition there are domestic Suite Lounges in Haneda, Naha, and Sapporo Shinchitose.
International lounge access:
All departing first class passengers gets access to the Suite Lounge regardless of Star Alliance carrier they are flying on.
ANA allows their own connecting first class passengers continuing to another flight in J or Y on ANA to use the Suite Lounge. This applies for same day and same airport connections.
Passengers arriving in first class on another Star Alliance partner connecting to a J or Y flight will not be allowed in to the Suite Lounge.

One guest is allowed with a boarding pass for the same flight.
Passengers holding ANA Diamond status can access the Suite Lounge regardless of the class and Star Alliance carrier of the departing flight.

Access to the lounge is not possible when arriving.
Domestic lounge access:
The domestic Suite Lounges are available to ANA Diamond members.
A Premium Class ticket gives access to the domestic ANA Lounges
Print Wikipost

ANA Int’l Suite Lounges HND/NRT (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2019, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
You can't access the Suite Lounge in the international departure area when you have a domestic connection. You will have to proceed to immigration, baggage reclaim and customs You can't enter the domestic departure area for a flight the next day, and anyway the domestic suite lounge is not worth the time in the evening

You would need to get a hotel for the night, as the domestic terminal is not operating 24 hours
Nailed it. This is the right advice. I’d check out the land side hotel option(s) at HND on site, and depending on your time zone, perhaps consider grabbing some 24 hour sushi or late late night ramen off site. I’ve never been impressed with any NH lounge food, although compared to non Polaris UA, it’s a world of difference. However, most any restaurant will be superior. I was shocked to find myself impressed with a Japanese style Italian pizza place land side at HND accessible via the escalators up above the ticketing level.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Thanks.

I remember arriving into NRT a couple of times around 930pm or so and the airport was pretty much closing down for the night. Immigration processed us super fast so we could make the last train of the night into Tokyo.
Narita always closed down for the night Though the curfew has been getting later and later I think last departure is now 22:25 on QR I would expect last arrival to be a bit earlier as public transport is getting infrequent late at night. Though there are buses all night.

The LCCs also have very early departures by now, almost requiring a hotel night at Narita
Old Mar 26, 2019, 6:23 am

I have read some *similar* questions and answers but none that exactly coverd my question.
Here's the setup: Early morning international arrival in HND flying NH F. Then an afternoon domestic flight in Y (on the same ticket) departing from HND.

My understanding is that I can take a shower and have a quick breakfast in the int'l Suites lounge. I would assume that my luggage gets checked through to the domestic destination.
Will I have the chance to go into Tokyo for lunch (with only my carry-on)?
Which lounge can I visit once I return to the airport?

Thanks!
Old Mar 26, 2019, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by funkbandit
I have read some *similar* questions and answers but none that exactly coverd my question.
Here's the setup: Early morning international arrival in HND flying NH F. Then an afternoon domestic flight in Y (on the same ticket) departing from HND.

My understanding is that I can take a shower and have a quick breakfast in the int'l Suites lounge. I would assume that my luggage gets checked through to the domestic destination.
Will I have the chance to go into Tokyo for lunch (with only my carry-on)?
Which lounge can I visit once I return to the airport?

Thanks!
No, you can't access the international lounge with a domestic connection. You can't get to the departure area without an international connecting flight.

And your luggage does get "checked through" however you would need to reclaim it at Haneda and take it through customs at your point of entry to Japan.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 7:52 am

No, you can't access the international lounge with a domestic connection. You can't get to the departure area without an international connecting flight.

And your luggage does get "checked through" however you would need to reclaim it at Haneda and take it through customs at your point of entry to Japan.
Thank you. This doesn't sound too good.
So my course of action would be to claim my luggage at HND int'l terminal and to enter Japan with all my luggage.
Would I then have to proceed to the domestic terminal and drop my checked luggage there (in the morning)?
I would then have access to the (supposedly) inferior domestic suites lounge in the domestic terminal in the afternoon. Is this correct?
Frankly, I am a bit disappointed that I won't have access to any real F lounge with this NH F flight...
Old Mar 26, 2019, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you. This doesn't sound too good.
So my course of action would be to claim my luggage at HND int'l terminal and to enter Japan with all my luggage.
Would I then have to proceed to the domestic terminal and drop my checked luggage there (in the morning)?
I would then have access to the (supposedly) inferior domestic suites lounge in the domestic terminal in the afternoon. Is this correct?
Frankly, I am a bit disappointed that I won't have access to any real F lounge with this NH F flight...
There is a domestic check in counter in the international terminal where you can drop your bags. I can't remember the exact opening hours right now.

I would say it is debatable whether the Suite Lounge is a true F experience as lounges go. So while you miss out on it, you are not missing out on a great F experience.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 8:37 am

There is a domestic check in counter in the international terminal where you can drop your bags. I can't remember the exact opening hours right now.

I would say it is debatable whether the Suite Lounge is a true F experience as lounges go. So while you miss out on it, you are not missing out on a great F experience.
Thank you. I have just found some info about this domestic check in counter. I guess the opening hours will cover the busiest hours of int'l arrivals.
While I haven't heard anybody rave about the Suite Louge I think it would have been nice to shower and have a bite to eat before venturing off into the city.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you. I have just found some info about this domestic check in counter. I guess the opening hours will cover the busiest hours of int'l arrivals.
While I haven't heard anybody rave about the Suite Louge I think it would have been nice to shower and have a bite to eat before venturing off into the city.
There is then TIAT shower rooms, you have access with your F boarding pass. Or it can be bought for 1030 yen including a cup of coffee. Does not solve the food issue though
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:06 am

There is then TIAT shower rooms, you have access with your F boarding pass. Or it can be bought for 1030 yen including a cup of coffee. Does not solve the food issue though
Thanks once more. I suppose it won't be too bad then.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 5:21 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, IHG Spire Elite
Sorry to duplicate this post. I just noticed there are two different lounge threads that this applies to

For those that are curious of the background piano music they always play in the ANA lounges, the name of the composer/song is

"Nobuyuki Tsujii - Rondo On the Seine"

Unfortunately I couldn't find it on YouTube or anything. But to those that have Apple Music, you're able to find it !
Old Apr 2, 2019, 10:35 pm

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP75k, Marriott Titanium
Just to confirm (after reading Wiki and a couple of posts in the thread), arriving on NH F and departing on SQ J would not get me access to Suites lounge, is that right?
Old Apr 3, 2019, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Petester
Just to confirm (after reading Wiki and a couple of posts in the thread), arriving on NH F and departing on SQ J would not get me access to Suites lounge, is that right?
Correct. J lounges only on your itinerary.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 4:41 pm

Programs: UA

I agree! Just got back from my trip to Tokyo. The Suite Lounge in Narita in the 50s was so crowded. Food not replenished. You are better off ordering from the noodle bar. Suite lounge passengers share the same shower suites with ANA Lounge passengers but receive priority. The shower amenities have gone down hill. They now use the same shower products as those used by the Marriott. They did away with the special products for Suite passengers. As noted in a post above the difference between the two lounges is so marginal now. I read JL’s FC lounge is significantly better than ANA’s now. I have not been so I can’t substantiate that.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 6:00 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Reviving this super old thread.

Is there any consensus on which F lounge is better? I don't mind walking a bit extra to avoid peak crowding. I'm on the 5 PM to SFO.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
In my view, they have the same offerings and unless you are extremely interested to see both, there is no point in going out of your way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.