Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

ANA Int値 Suite Lounges HND/NRT (consolidated)

Old Aug 15, 2018, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer
ANA Suite Lounge is the name for ANA's first class lounges. There are international Suite Lounges in Narita (close to gate 50), Haneda (by gate 109), and Honolulu. In addition there are domestic Suite Lounges in Haneda, Naha, and Sapporo Shinchitose.
International lounge access:
All departing first class passengers gets access to the Suite Lounge regardless of Star Alliance carrier they are flying on.
ANA allows their own connecting first class passengers continuing to another flight in J or Y on ANA to use the Suite Lounge. This applies for same day and same airport connections.
Passengers arriving in first class on another Star Alliance partner connecting to a J or Y flight will not be allowed in to the Suite Lounge.

One guest is allowed with a boarding pass for the same flight.
Passengers holding ANA Diamond status can access the Suite Lounge regardless of the class and Star Alliance carrier of the departing flight.

Access to the lounge is not possible when arriving.
Domestic lounge access:
The domestic Suite Lounges are available to ANA Diamond members.
A Premium Class ticket gives access to the domestic ANA Lounges
Print Wikipost

ANA Int値 Suite Lounges HND/NRT (consolidated)

Old Oct 17, 2018, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by nskh
I'm seeing conflicting answers between the wiki and some threads here, so asking to double-check. (The wiki seems to say this isn't possible but an answer to FlightBOS by Tokyoite seems to say yes.)

I'm flying into HND on NH F (ORD-HND landing 20:30), connecting through HND, and leaving on JAL J (HND-SIN departing 00:05, so 3.5 hours after arrival). Would I have access to the ANA Suite Lounge in Haneda?
Both the wiki and Tokyoite says that you need to arrive in NH F and depart the same day (your 00:05 flight counts as same day, though very technically speaking it is not) on NH. You are departing on JL, so you will be subject to JL's lounge policies. So you will get access to the JL Sakura lounge.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Both the wiki and Tokyoite says that you need to arrive in NH F and depart the same day (your 00:05 flight counts as same day, though very technically speaking it is not) on NH. You are departing on JL, so you will be subject to JL's lounge policies. So you will get access to the JL Sakura lounge.
Confusingly the response was actually to a question of whether you could arrive NH F and depart in Y (either NH or non-NH). The 'or non-NH' is the thing that confuses me.

But I would say arriving NH and departing JL = no lounge access to NH.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlightBOS
To clarify, if you arrive into NRT / HND on NH F, and are connecting to a separate ticketed international flight (either ANA or non-ANA) Y class, can you still use NH F lounge on arrival?
Originally Posted by Tokyoite

yes again. See the threads suggested above
I have copied the relevant couple of posts to illustrate the potential confusion.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Confusingly the response was actually to a question of whether you could arrive NH F and depart in Y (either NH or non-NH). The 'or non-NH' is the thing that confuses me.

But I would say arriving NH and departing JL = no lounge access to NH.
Non NH as in other Star Alliance carriers They will under normal circumstances want to see a departing boarding pass.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Oct 19, 2018 at 8:05 pm
Old Oct 18, 2018, 9:29 am

Is there any baggage storage available at the NRT Suites lounge? I will have an 8 hour connection between my CTS-NRT and NRT-SFO flight. Thanks!
Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by hamburglar
Is there any baggage storage available at the NRT Suites lounge? I will have an 8 hour connection between my CTS-NRT and NRT-SFO flight. Thanks!
CTS-NRT-SFO on ANA will get your bags checked through all the way, so you dont need to handle your checked in bags at NRT.

There is baggage storage on the landside area (before clearing immigration/security).
There is NO baggage storage on international airside, where the lounge is (for obvious security reasons!).
And NO, you cant pass immigration to get to the suite lounge, and then come back through immigration back into Japan.

Can you change your CTS-NRT to CTS-HND? I wonder how you will spend those 6 hours of free time in NRT....
Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
CTS-NRT-SFO on ANA will get your bags checked through all the way, so you dont need to handle your checked in bags at NRT.

There is baggage storage on the landside area (before clearing immigration/security).
There is NO baggage storage on international airside, where the lounge is (for obvious security reasons!).
And NO, you cant pass immigration to get to the suite lounge, and then come back through immigration back into Japan.

Can you change your CTS-NRT to CTS-HND? I wonder how you will spend those 6 hours of free time in NRT....
The temple,, Aeon Mall, and Donki?

I noticed recently that it is possible to get a free walking tour around Narita with a local guide. Not sure if there is that much to see, but would probably beat sitting in the airport for 6 hours.
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 12:33 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
With 6 hours free, the temple, Aeon mall and Donki will only take an hour or so, and you cant keep walking all the time.
A good alternative is to just get a daybed and sleep!
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:35 am

Departing NRT in F class.
Can I bring along a companion who is traveling on another Star Alliance airline flight on the same day?

Thanks!
Old Dec 10, 2018, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HawaiiO
Departing NRT in F class.
Can I bring along a companion who is traveling on another Star Alliance airline flight on the same day?

Thanks!
Yes
HawaiiO likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 11:30 pm

Couldn't find info on this specific case.
I am flying JFK > HND > BKK > NRT > JFK.
First 3 segments are in J, and only the NRT>JFK segment is in F.
I have found some info that lounge access when arriving is based on departing flight. But I am arriving in Japan and departing from different airports.
I have a 4 hour layover in HND. Would I be able to access the Suite lounge at HND during this layover based on departing class even if I'm departing from NRT?

Last edited by Cplusplus; Dec 13, 2018 at 11:44 pm
Old Dec 14, 2018, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cplusplus
Couldn't find info on this specific case.
I am flying JFK > HND > BKK > NRT > JFK.
First 3 segments are in J, and only the NRT>JFK segment is in F.
I have found some info that lounge access when arriving is based on departing flight. But I am arriving in Japan and departing from different airports.
I have a 4 hour layover in HND. Would I be able to access the Suite lounge at HND during this layover based on departing class even if I'm departing from NRT?
Welcome to Flyertalk and the ANA forum. Hope you'll stick around with us, the community is a very good source of information.

JFK>HND>BKK will give you access to the J lounges avaiable in JFK (the BA Galleries Club Lounge) and HND (the ANA Lounge), the return flight will have zero influence on this
BKK>HRT>JFK will give you access to the TG Royal Silk Lounges, the Singapore Airlines lounge, or the EVA Air lounge in Bangkok, and then you will have access to the Suite Lounge in Narita.

The meaning of the departure based on departing flight means the flight that you are about to depart on, not based on any departing flight that you have on your itinerary. There are some exceptions, but your specific options are as above.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 11:27 pm

Welcome to Flyertalk and the ANA forum. Hope you'll stick around with us, the community is a very good source of information.

JFK>HND>BKK will give you access to the J lounges avaiable in JFK (the BA Galleries Club Lounge) and HND (the ANA Lounge), the return flight will have zero influence on this
BKK>HRT>JFK will give you access to the TG Royal Silk Lounges, the Singapore Airlines lounge, or the EVA Air lounge in Bangkok, and then you will have access to the Suite Lounge in Narita.

The meaning of the departure based on departing flight means the flight that you are about to depart on, not based on any departing flight that you have on your itinerary. There are some exceptions, but your specific options are as above.
thanks. I was confused after reading about someone arriving in NRT on F and returning in J(on a later date) trying to get into the Suite lounge upon arrival and being directed to business lounge based on departing flight. He however did get in after pointing out that he arrived in F.

I didn't know about sia at bkk. Was planning on Oman. Thanks for the pointer.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thanks. I was confused after reading about someone arriving in NRT on F and returning in J(on a later date) trying to get into the Suite lounge upon arrival and being directed to business lounge based on departing flight. He however did get in after pointing out that he arrived in F.

'Departing flight' means 'same day' departing flight from that airport, not a departing flight some time in the furture (back home for example). This covers same day connections - for example LAX-NRT-PEK striahgt through - the 'arriving flight' is from LAX, the 'departing flight' is to PEK. If you arrive from LAX in F you will be able to use the F lounge before your departing flight to PEK.

If the passenger was to have a stopover in NRT that means the flight to PEK is no longer 'same day' and they can't rely on the inbound F boaridng pass for lounge access. I'm not sure about the example you read, you might need to provide a link so we can work out what happned there (it would be very unusual!)

The Oman air lounge is not available in BKK by virtue of you class of service. If you are flying business class on star alliance you have to use one of the star alliance lounges (Singapore, Thai or EVA).

Some lounges might be affiliated with priority pass or allow pay entrance. I'm not sure if Oman is in this category. But there's no real need to pay for Oman's lounge when the Singapore one is pretty good.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That would be an aberration, while arrival on F on the same daysane airport and departure in J, provided both are on NH, would allow access, a later date is beyond scope. I would doubt the veracity of the story.

But you don't have any arrivals in F in Japan, so I don't quite see the parallel in the example anyway.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.