Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need credit card or not for ANA check in?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2013, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Need credit card or not for ANA check in?

Used United Airline Award miles to book an international flight from Seattle to Narita on ANA for my sister. I paid the taxes with my credit card. Does my sister need to show MY credit card I used to pay for the taxes at the check in counter?
Old Oct 7, 2013, 11:50 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by metoo
Used United Airline Award miles to book an international flight from Seattle to Narita on ANA for my sister. I paid the taxes with my credit card. Does my sister need to show MY credit card I used to pay for the taxes at the check in counter?
It depends on what UA says, as you booked the ticket through them. In general, presentation of a credit card is not required for redemption flights for most airlines of which I am aware.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by armagebedar
It depends on what UA says, as you booked the ticket through them. In general, presentation of a credit card is not required for redemption flights for most airlines of which I am aware.
I've never been asked to show a CC when boarding an ANA or UA flight.

TG and JL, however, require the individual whose credit card was charged to be there and in possession of the CC. Interestingly though, only if you book the flights through them DIRECTLY. If you book via, say, Expedia, the requirement doesn't apply. Strange.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 8:33 am

Programs: PR Premier Elite
UA issued the ticket so as long as UA says it's good, it's good. ANA could care less how you paid UA for it since that's UA's problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.