Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA award change policy

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2023, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Did you make the original booking online? My understanding is that you can only change an award via the same way you booked it. But in any case, I’d just call.

I had a route that couldn’t be booked online but all segments available, and they were able to ticket via phone. In my case it was bc of a mixed class award, but one still within the terms. The system let me select all legs and would then kick it out. Calling is a bit time consuming but the agents have been great in my experience.
I did make the booking online. But I think maybe because one of my segments is a *A partner flight I can't make the change online? But yeah, I guess I have no choice but to call them at this point. Do you typically just call the regular US toll free number? Or is there a Tokyo number that people are using?
Old May 25, 2023, 11:03 am

Deleted duplicate post

Last edited by CaliTravelbug; May 25, 2023 at 11:06 am Reason: duplicate
Old May 25, 2023, 11:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by CaliTravelbug
I did make the booking online. But I think maybe because one of my segments is a *A partner flight I can't make the change online? But yeah, I guess I have no choice but to call them at this point. Do you typically just call the regular US toll free number? Or is there a Tokyo number that people are using?
I call 800-235-9262.
Old May 29, 2023, 3:23 pm

I have done a search on this thread but cannot find the definite, recent answer. So, pardon me if this question has been asked before:

So far, all the dates for my partner's award flights have waitlists (both outbounds and inbounds). If I make a waitlisted booking now and then cancel later (but before the waitlists clear), will he get dinged for 3000 points by NH? Thanks in advance.
Old May 29, 2023, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Barkinpark
I have done a search on this thread but cannot find the definite, recent answer. So, pardon me if this question has been asked before:

So far, all the dates for my partner's award flights have waitlists (both outbounds and inbounds). If I make a waitlisted booking now and then cancel later (but before the waitlists clear), will he get dinged for 3000 points by NH? Thanks in advance.
Only once the ticket is issued does the fee apply.
Barkinpark likes this.
Old May 30, 2023, 8:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
Expertflyer shows an ANA award as available 3 days from now, but this is within the 4 day minimum advance booking window (96 hours).
Could I book an award for next week, and then change it to 3 days from now? I recall changes are free but I have forgotten if the 96 hour limitation also applies to changes.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 1:29 am

So Do I. The award ticket could be changed online.
FYI
Old Jun 21, 2023, 9:40 pm

Just to summarize award change rules that require you to call in: (1) any number of stopovers, even just a single one in Japan; (2) if any segments are on A* partners; (3) any mixed cabin itinerary; and (4) if you want to change routes/carriers and really need to hear them tell you that's not possible.

But: an open-jaw or multi-city itinerary that is entirely on ANA metal should be changeable online, right?
Old Jun 23, 2023, 11:22 pm

I have a round trip ticket already booked from SFO to HND but I am waiting for my return dates to become available. My final destination will be GMP (South Korea). Once my SFO to HND trip is finalized, will I be able to later call in and ask them to add in some connection flights from HND to GMP and back? Ideally, I would want to spend a few days in HND upon arrival (before going on to GMP) and before departure (before going back to SFO).
Old Jun 23, 2023, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by asdfmkay
I have a round trip ticket already booked from SFO to HND but I am waiting for my return dates to become available. My final destination will be GMP (South Korea). Once my SFO to HND trip is finalized, will I be able to later call in and ask them to add in some connection flights from HND to GMP and back? Ideally, I would want to spend a few days in HND upon arrival (before going on to GMP) and before departure (before going back to SFO).
They can book a second ticket for you, or they can cancel your original booking and try to rebook it as one ticket. IF the cancelled seat goes back to availability. That's a big if, and not recommended to try.
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2023, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
They can book a second ticket for you, or they can cancel your original booking and try to rebook it as one ticket. IF the cancelled seat goes back to availability. That's a big if, and not recommended to try.
I thought a stop over leg could be added to an existing reservation but I guess I did not understand that correctly. If they book a second ticket I assume that will be costing more miles - pretty much an extra trip.
Old Jun 24, 2023, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought a stop over leg could be added to an existing reservation but I guess I did not understand that correctly. If they book a second ticket I assume that will be costing more miles - pretty much an extra trip.
Once the ticket is issued you can't add additional legs, though there are some domestic airpass options that can be sort of integrated in to an international booking.
Old Jun 24, 2023, 12:26 am

Once the ticket is issued you can't add additional legs, though there are some domestic airpass options that can be sort of integrated in to an international booking.
Thanks. So if my original booking contains all the legs I want, am I free to change the dates of each leg afterwards without penalty or having to re-book anything?
Old Jun 24, 2023, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks. So if my original booking contains all the legs I want, am I free to change the dates of each leg afterwards without penalty or having to re-book anything?
You can change the dates, but not the route or the carrier.

Just reread your initial post, so your ticket has not been issued yet? You have a leg on waitlist, ie. The ticket is not issued yet. You can probably call to add the domestic legs, should probably be possible
Old Jun 24, 2023, 9:18 am

You can change the dates, but not the route or the carrier.

Just reread your initial post, so your ticket has not been issued yet? You have a leg on waitlist, ie. The ticket is not issued yet. You can probably call to add the domestic legs, should probably be possible
My ticket has is not wait listed and has been issued although my return trip is a dummy and I am waiting for my true return date to open. I am wondering if in the meanwhile, I change my dummy return to another dummy that is waitlisted if I can then add a domestic leg.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.