Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA award change policy

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2020, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by HannsenBos3
Hello everyone, greetings
I am newbie in FT
can not start new Thread yet

Please allow me to ask question here on ANA
I buy cash for ANA class Z but not in website,
i buy via travel agent
so can NOT change on web login

Now I want to change flight,
with ANA policy COVID,
their banner in Web is NO changes fee

However I called to ANA ticketing office and also via Travel Agent
They want to charge for Changes
using the term Handling Fee and also difference in Tax an Basic Fare

This is so annoting,
since i Check if I were to buy cash for new Tickets
The price will be the SAME between my Ticket and the New Schedule

I feel the ticketing office is not following ANA worldwide policy for No fee changes
or is this just gimmick?
They use term Handling fees and Basic fare difference which are so convenient for them

I wish i had bought the ticket via website and so can change myself

Any FT members can help with this Case of mine?

Many thanks
When you buy through a travel agency, it has to be changed through the travel agency as well. And the travel agency can add charges and fees on top of what ANA charges, ANA can't help you to by pass that.

The only point where you can deal directly with ANA is if the first flight is cancelled within 24 hours of departure, or if the a flight is cancelled after you have flown the first flight. Until then, your travel agent has to handle changes and refunds.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 10:08 pm

Programs: IHG Plat; HH Gold; Accor Plat
Thanks for the reply,

So annoying to use 3rd party alias Travel Agency

Guess nobody else had idea to work around this?
Old Aug 11, 2020, 10:24 pm

ANA Routing Change

I have an Award Ticket on ANA booked LAX-HND-HNL. Unfortunately My trip is changing due to changes in a Cruise I had Planned.
I am trying to change the routing to LAX-HND-LAX. My concern is the first Segment is in F and that is no longer available. I have the miles available in my ANA Account but am concerned that if I cancel and rebook the F class LAX-HND will no longer be available.
If I call ANA will they reissue without cancelling the first segment?
Old Aug 12, 2020, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
ANA does not allow routing changes on awards. So it will be a cancellation and rebooking that's needed. Whether they can "keep" your F seat for you will depend on whether it goes back to inventory, and whether there is a waitlist for the seat.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Aug 14, 2020 at 8:48 pm
Old Sep 25, 2020, 6:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Star alliance award EWR -> PEK -> MNL (On UA and CA) and MNL -> TYO -> JFK (ANA, stopover in TYO)

PEK -> MNL has now been cancelled. What are my options here? Can I ask ANA to open up award availability in the outbound sector (to make it a JFK -> TYO -> MNL)? Or do I have to find a routing with actual availability?
Old Sep 25, 2020, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Martellus
Star alliance award EWR -> PEK -> MNL (On UA and CA) and MNL -> TYO -> JFK (ANA, stopover in TYO)

PEK -> MNL has now been cancelled. What are my options here? Can I ask ANA to open up award availability in the outbound sector (to make it a JFK -> TYO -> MNL)? Or do I have to find a routing with actual availability?
You'll have to find actual availability.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 8:47 pm

I'm trying to do JFK-TYO-BKK, then SIN-TYO-JFK Business class, but all my dates I try to lookup are 'Waitlisted' for JFK-TYO and TYO-JFK. Is it useful to just call ANA and get them to find dates to book that will be 'Confirmed'?
Also how many seats do they typically allocate for award bookings for First and Business? As well, how far out from travel date do they open up more seats for award bookings, if they do so?
Cheers.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 9:16 am

Hello,

I hope everyone is doing well--a couple of questions about award booking:

1. At what time does ANA release award seats on their website?
2. If I book an award seat and I need to cancel because of COVID-19 travel restrictions, does ANA refund all the points and the fees associated with it?
3. If the points are refunded, do they extend the expiration date of the points?

Thank you for your time.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by leslie535
I'm trying to do JFK-TYO-BKK, then SIN-TYO-JFK Business class, but all my dates I try to lookup are 'Waitlisted' for JFK-TYO and TYO-JFK. Is it useful to just call ANA and get them to find dates to book that will be 'Confirmed'?
Also how many seats do they typically allocate for award bookings for First and Business? As well, how far out from travel date do they open up more seats for award bookings, if they do so?
Cheers.
JFK - TYO is one of the most heavily booked routes, you will typically need to book them within the week they become available which I believe is 355 days.
You will likely have to book the routing you want with a dummy return date (easy to change date later and NRT/HND) then change the date when your desired return becomes available. You are welcome to try and call them but I am not sure how helpful they will be. If you need more than one ticket it will be essentially impossible to book after those first few days if you want anything higher than premium economy.
leslie535 likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 7:00 pm

Even after reading through this thread, I’m still a little confused about allowed date changes. I want JFK-NRT-JFK in J for, say, 2/1/2022-2/14/2022.

I book NRT-JFK dummy route along with the JFK-NRT for 2/1 as soon as it opens. Then call in to ANA to change the NRT-JFK segment to 2/14 when it opens.

Will ANA allow this since the NRT-JFK segment is over a year after the ticketed date? Or will they make me cancel and rebook?

Many thanks.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 2:23 am

So I was able to snag two J seats for JFK->TYO(->TPE), but my dummy booking was "waitlisted" (couldn't find a available award spot at all for TPE->JFK). As a result this whole itinerary is submitted as a waitlist request. Does this still mean that I have secured my JFK->TYO leg? A little paranoid that I didn't actually secure the JFK->TYO leg because I didn't get to pay yet.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, as you can't issue a one way award, unless you find return availability you do not have a valid itinerary, and it will be cancelled once the wait list period expires.

You won't loose your seats from JFK to TPE while you wait, but you need a return flight to be able to issue a ticket.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 3:02 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by triplehog22
Even after reading through this thread, I’m still a little confused about allowed date changes. I want JFK-NRT-JFK in J for, say, 2/1/2022-2/14/2022.

I book NRT-JFK dummy route along with the JFK-NRT for 2/1 as soon as it opens. Then call in to ANA to change the NRT-JFK segment to 2/14 when it opens.

Will ANA allow this since the NRT-JFK segment is over a year after the ticketed date? Or will they make me cancel and rebook?

Many thanks.
The ticket validity is one year from date of issue or one year from date first segment is flown once it is flown. So the return can be flown within one year of the departure and your plan is fine. You may/will have to call to have the change be allowed though.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
The ticket validity is one year from date of issue or one year from date first segment is flown once it is flown. So the return can be flown within one year of the departure and your plan is fine. You may/will have to call to have the change be allowed though.
The ticket validity is 365 days from booking so while you can book 355 days in advance, The longest you can make a trip out of that is 10 days. It would have to be rebooked once the latter date opens up. The return ticket is also valid for 1 year after the initial flight, but it doesn't start that timer until you actually fly the first leg according to the agents, which is rather useless since you would have to gamble on seats being available for 2 weeks out in this case.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 5:51 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MoogleMD
The ticket validity is 365 days from booking so while you can book 355 days in advance, The longest you can make a trip out of that is 10 days. It would have to be rebooked once the latter date opens up. The return ticket is also valid for 1 year after the initial flight, but it doesn't start that timer until you actually fly the first leg according to the agents, which is rather useless since you would have to gamble on seats being available for 2 weeks out in this case.
I have a booking right now where I pushed subsequent flights several weeks out after booking the departure near calendar open with a dummy return.

Departure: Nov 1, 2021
Return: Nov 29, 2021.

Booked on Nov 17, 2020. Return leg is more than 365 days beyond.

Last edited by nexusCFX; Jan 1, 2021 at 5:57 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.