Booking Super Value tickets on US site?

Old Feb 6, 2020, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Chase, Amex, SWA, UAL, DAL
Booking Super Value tickets on US site?

I was booking a flight from KIX to CTS on Apr. 30 last night and ran into this. The numbers are still the same today.

Google Flights says: 11,510 yen (USD$105) via ANA for NH1713. Clicking the link takes me to ANA domestic ticketing.
However, if I go to ANA and search on the US site, it goes through the international reservation system, which produces $255.10 for the same flight.

Looking at the ANA reservation page, it looks like the 11,510 fare is the Super Value fare. The next one up is the Value fare at 27,610 yen, which according to XE is about $251. Looking at the US search page shows both Value and Flex fares, so that basically agrees with the Japan site.

However, there doesn't appear to be any way to book Super Value tickets on the US site. Does anyone know why?

Also, if anyone is wondering why I don't just book on the Japan site, it's because my wife's last name is longer than the box will allow (17 characters vs. 15). I guess that's a quirk of the domestic reservation system. Rather than guess, I decided to go through expedia.co.jp instead, which took the bits of her last name that didn't fit and stuck them in front of her first name (so instead of LASTNAME FIRSTNAME, it's like LASTNA MEFIRSTNAME). I hope that works...
Old Feb 6, 2020, 1:34 pm

I've purchased super value (Discover Japan) tickets on the US website. According to the fare rules, those tickets must be purchased outside Japan. I don't know what your specific issue is, but my guess is that you're actually looking at different fare buckets.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Chase, Amex, SWA, UAL, DAL
If I change the search on the US site and look at Mar. 28 instead, then I get the Super Value fare along with the Value fare. Looks like it abruptly stops on the 29th. Yet searching on the JP site shows me the Super Value fare on Apr. 30. Strange.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 8:29 pm

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by zedkyuu
If I change the search on the US site and look at Mar. 28 instead, then I get the Super Value fare along with the Value fare. Looks like it abruptly stops on the 29th. Yet searching on the JP site shows me the Super Value fare on Apr. 30. Strange.
end March is end of Northern Winter season. probably low fare inventory for outside Japan has not been loaded yet
Old Sep 6, 2023, 5:13 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Similar question to the OP's. I'm looking at booking one-way FUK-HND in January. The international ANA site returns the lowest fare of $115.50 under the Super Value (ANA Discover JAPAN) fare, but on the domestic site, I see an ANA Super Value Sale fare of 10,480円 (about $71). Any reason why I wouldn't want to book the cheaper fare? I'm Star Alliance Gold for luggage purposes and really don't care about any status or reward miles for such a short leg.

Thanks!
Old Sep 6, 2023, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Similar question to the OP's. I'm looking at booking one-way FUK-HND in January. The international ANA site returns the lowest fare of $115.50 under the Super Value (ANA Discover JAPAN) fare, but on the domestic site, I see an ANA Super Value Sale fare of 10,480円 (about $71). Any reason why I wouldn't want to book the cheaper fare? I'm Star Alliance Gold for luggage purposes and really don't care about any status or reward miles for such a short leg.

Thanks!
Just book from the Japan site, no reason not to. Just note that the booking flow is a bit more convoluted than most airlines. As booking the ticket and paying/issuing is two steps that don't necessarily happens at once.
FlyinHawaiian likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.