ANA IAD-NRT seat types: 777-300ER

Old Feb 10, 2013, 1:08 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Platinum with 2.5MM. Current AA EXP
Question

Originally Posted by DCA13
My wife and I are flying IAD-NRT and returning in business class this December. I'd like to select good seats for us to be able to talk during the flight. I'm assuming the smaller business cabin just behind first is the preferred location? Also, are the seats by the windows set up for easy conversation, or would we be better off in the middle row? Any advice on seats for couples would be most helpful.
Thanks!
On the same issue, but related to F Class, I was able to snag 2 F seats using Saver Awards with UA miles for BOTH JFK-NRT and IAD-NRT in early March. From this forum and others, I know the JFK route is the new F Square and the IAD route is the still (apparently) very nice old F. Most important criteria, though, is being able to converse with my traveling companion. From the pics I've seen it looks like this may be impossible even on the two middle seats in rows 1 or 2 on the JFK "Square" configuration--but perhaps possible on the IAD "old" configuration.

Can anyone address the issues of partitions/communication in F on the two different seat types?

Thanks.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by MillionMilerMan
Can anyone address the issues of partitions/communication in F on the two different seat types?
Can only speak to the newer IOJ product (JFK route): there is a lower-able partition that separates the middle seat pairs.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Platinum with 2.5MM. Current AA EXP
MattPol, would like a little more detail...if you recall:

Trying to get an idea of how far back the open area area between the two middle seats is when the partition is lowered. Could you have just glanced to the left/right and communicated "normally" with a companion, would you have to lean forward "just a little" or would you have to really lean up and/or move forward in your seat to talk or pass something over?

Thanks.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by MillionMilerMan
MattPol, would like a little more detail...if you recall:

Trying to get an idea of how far back the open area area between the two middle seats is when the partition is lowered. Could you have just glanced to the left/right and communicated "normally" with a companion, would you have to lean forward "just a little" or would you have to really lean up and/or move forward in your seat to talk or pass something over?

Thanks.
Honestly, it's adequate at best for a pair traveling together. The cutout is fairly small as you can see from this PR image:

For two people travelling together, it's fine for communication but it does definitely feel like you are in two separate "suites" or squares, in the parlance on ANA. It's good for co-workers travelling together, but not for couples, I'd say.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 2:49 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL PM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by DCA13
My wife and I are flying IAD-NRT and returning in business class this December. I'd like to select good seats for us to be able to talk during the flight. I'm assuming the smaller business cabin just behind first is the preferred location? Also, are the seats by the windows set up for easy conversation, or would we be better off in the middle row? Any advice on seats for couples would be most helpful.
Thanks!
Premium cabins in the new NH interiors are not great for talking. If you want to talk, UA is a better choice.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 4:22 pm

Any thoughts on when IAD-NRT will get the new F/C squares?
Old Jun 30, 2013, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum
Originally Posted by 110pgl
Any thoughts on when IAD-NRT will get the new F/C squares?
I'm fairly certain IAD was just upgraded to the new F/C IOJ service. I just checked for tomorrows flight, and it says it's being operated by a 77W.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by FSUSeminole007
I'm fairly certain IAD was just upgraded to the new F/C IOJ service. I just checked for tomorrows flight, and it says it's being operated by a 77W.
Don't tease me! It is such a better plane than the old one. I am so excited if it is.

Thanks for checking!
Old Jul 1, 2013, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by 110pgl
Don't tease me! It is such a better plane than the old one. I am so excited if it is.

Thanks for checking!
Here's the article from NH's website.

https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/local...ashington.html
Old Jul 1, 2013, 8:00 pm

Programs: NH Plat
Originally Posted by FSUSeminole007
The NH2 I took last week was old cabin, so they aren't flying the new equipment everyday.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 1:00 pm

Interested in this development. Looking over ANA's NH001 reservation seems like the old cabin is still in effect for the first week of 01/2014.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by BalbC
The NH2 I took last week was old cabin, so they aren't flying the new equipment everyday.
Do u know if they give Rimowa kit on this flight?
Old Jul 2, 2013, 4:24 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by anchor79
The Rimowa kits are provided on all ex-US/Europe flights in F.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by anchor79
Certainly not, as Rimowa will have it on the other direction only, NH1.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 12:13 pm

Does anyone know if there are seats in J that are specifically designated as Bassinet seats on the new IOJ service?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.