Checkin at BKK for ANA flight

Old Jan 11, 13, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat (1MM), AA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat.
Checkin at BKK for ANA flight

Greetings all,

Pardon me for a newbie question on ANA - with NH 916 (11:55 pm) as my first segment back stateside, is it possible to check in early in the afternoon rather than waiting till 9 pm? I suppose ANA does not do online checkin for international flight?

Thanks
@ORD
Old Jan 12, 13, 10:05 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
I flew that flight recently, and I was able to do online check-in with boarding pass along with NRT connection to the US. I went to the check-in counter at around 10pm to collect my boarding pass since I didn't have a printer. No line-up.

As for earlier check-in, the other flights are all in the morning. NH954 flight to NRT departs at 8.25AM or NH174 flight to HND departs at 10.40AM. I'm not sure if there are any check-in staff around in the afternoon, since they're just contract workers at BKK.

I would just online check-in and drop off bags before the flight.
Old Jan 12, 13, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card, Amanjunkie, Global Entry, CLEAR
On a related note, does anyone know if NH C pax can use the TG C/F security lane at the far end of the check in area?
Old Jan 12, 13, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat (1MM), AA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat.
Thanks Hirohito888. I ended up doing the online checkin at ANA's website. What threw me off initially was the fact that I could NOT view my reservation on ANA's website, after providing a valid ANA confirmation number. I even tried the ticket number option. I guess it had something to do with the way the booking was made - I did on united.com.

Even though I could not view my reservation, I found out I was able to check in. So all was well, and I got to know the various TG lounges really well...

Cheers
@ORD
Old Jan 15, 13, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by @ORD View Post
Thanks Hirohito888. I ended up doing the online checkin at ANA's website. What threw me off initially was the fact that I could NOT view my reservation on ANA's website, after providing a valid ANA confirmation number. I even tried the ticket number option. I guess it had something to do with the way the booking was made - I did on united.com.

Even though I could not view my reservation, I found out I was able to check in. So all was well, and I got to know the various TG lounges really well...

Cheers
@ORD
Assuming it was not an award booking, if it was made on the UA site, then it was probably booked as the UA flight number. You can't look up codeshares (at least, not UA ones), on the ANA site until check in.
Old Sep 12, 19, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K; DL DM; IHG Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; Hertz President's Circle
So, from previous posts in this thread, it appears online check in is possible to the point where boarding passes can be issued.

Does anyone know whether it’s possible go through security and immigration at Suvarnabhumi Airport with a home-printed boarding pass?

I’m scheduled to fly from BKK-NRT at 7am and I want to get through immigration and security before check in opens at 4am.

Last edited by NYC2SGN; Sep 13, 19 at 1:57 pm
Old Oct 3, 19, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by NYC2SGN View Post
So, from previous posts in this thread, it appears online check in is possible to the point where boarding passes can be issued.

Does anyone know whether itís possible go through security and immigration at Suvarnabhumi Airport with a home-printed boarding pass?

Iím scheduled to fly from BKK-NRT at 7am and I want to get through immigration and security before check in opens at 4am.
I will try next week and share the result. I believe it is fine.
NYC2SGN likes this.
Old Oct 4, 19, 7:34 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by ainternational View Post
On a related note, does anyone know if NH C pax can use the TG C/F security lane at the far end of the check in area?
no. only tg
Old Oct 9, 19, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by NYC2SGN View Post

Does anyone know whether it’s possible go through security and immigration at Suvarnabhumi Airport with a home-printed boarding pass?

I’m scheduled to fly from BKK-NRT at 7am and I want to get through immigration and security before check in opens at 4am.
Originally Posted by fumje View Post
I will try next week and share the result. I believe it is fine.
The online check in went a bit funny for me, at first not working but later it gave me a BP for print (no mobile). Then at the airport no problem going through with the home-print BP. It felt like maybe some extra scrutiny was applied by various BP checkers, but perhaps that is because the flight date is tomorrow (NH808 dep 00:20).

No stamps apparently needed on the BP at any point.

Beforehand, I also saw some self-service kiosks with ANA on the menu, but when I tried them to print a back up copy, it found my reservation and then refused to print. However, I saw others print for different airlines with the same kiosks, so I don't know if it should work with ANA or not.
NYC2SGN likes this.
Old Oct 9, 19, 9:03 am

Programs: UA 1K; DL DM; IHG Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; Hertz President's Circle
The online check in went a bit funny for me, at first not working but later it gave me a BP for print (no mobile). Then at the airport no problem going through with the home-print BP. It felt like maybe some extra scrutiny was applied by various BP checkers, but perhaps that is because the flight date is tomorrow (NH808 dep 00:20).

Beforehand, I also saw some self-service kiosks with ANA on the menu, but when I tried them to print a back up copy, it found my reservation and then refused to print. However, I saw others print for different airlines with the same kiosks, so I don't know if it should work with ANA or not.

Thanks for sharing your experience!
Old Oct 9, 19, 6:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton-Dia, Marriott-G

I too used an OLCI self-printed BP a few weeks ago. In the past, when NH did issue mobile BPs (appears to be halted for whatever reason ex-BKK recently), there were no issues with security nor immigration as well. In my experience, I recall NH allowing OLCI for at least the last 1-2 years at BKK - at that time, they made some announcement about its introduction.

3 things to note:
1) I have OLCI issues unless I remove my middle name during check in.
2) I think you might not get a Miracle lounge invite with OLCI. Before, it was an issue because the BR lounge closes at 2:30ish and the TG lounge only opens up at 4:30. Now there's TK which is 24/7.
3) If US-bound, they likely need to do doc check which takes an extra minute or 2 at the gate. Go to gate a couple of minutes earlier than you usually do.
Old Oct 9, 19, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by tide View Post
I too used an OLCI self-printed BP a few weeks ago. In the past, when NH did issue mobile BPs (appears to be halted for whatever reason ex-BKK recently), there were no issues with security nor immigration as well. In my experience, I recall NH allowing OLCI for at least the last 1-2 years at BKK - at that time, they made some announcement about its introduction.

3 things to note:
1) I have OLCI issues unless I remove my middle name during check in.
2) I think you might not get a Miracle lounge invite with OLCI. Before, it was an issue because the BR lounge closes at 2:30ish and the TG lounge only opens up at 4:30. Now there's TK which is 24/7.
3) If US-bound, they likely need to do doc check which takes an extra minute or 2 at the gate. Go to gate a couple of minutes earlier than you usually do.
Re:
2) Mine said Miracle/TG/BR lounge invite (edit add: with *G status registered, in Y). I only went to TG. Otherwise I like BR too, because of the coconuts. I assume any Star Alliance lounge would admit. I've never tried Miracle, but it looks small.
3) No US-bound flights from BKK right now! But I agree that is generally good advice.
Old Oct 16, 19, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat, HH gold
What time does the check-in counter open? I have the 12:30 midnight flight, wanna get there a couple of hours early to take a shower at BR and have some drinks.
Old Oct 17, 19, 9:32 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by dcsnowwake View Post
What time does the check-in counter open? I have the 12:30 midnight flight, wanna get there a couple of hours early to take a shower at BR and have some drinks.
a search before posting always helps. https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/internat...nter/open.html
3hours prior to Departure time
Old Oct 19, 19, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat, HH gold
Originally Posted by Tokyoite View Post
a search before posting always helps. https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/internat...nter/open.html
3hours prior to Departure time
They have a 10:30pm departure, was hoping to check in before that around 8.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: