Search

ANA Business Cradle on 767-300ER

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LX, BA, SQ, MH

Hello there

I will be on NH 111 from NRT-SIN and saw that they have the ANA Business Cradle seats. Does anyone have experience with these seats?

Are they comfortable for some rest and sleep?

Are the single seats good to be in or is it exposed?

Currently I am in a window seat as I feel it will be more private even though one has to climb over another person.

I guess it's better to sit in row 2 or 3 instead of row 5 and above as the service will start from the front?

Thanks for your input!
Old Oct 31, 2012, 7:22 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by LAX888
I will be on NH 111 from NRT-SIN and saw that they have the ANA Business Cradle seats. Does anyone have experience with these seats?

Are they comfortable for some rest and sleep?
This is rather subjective, but I don't mind them. Then again, I have a hard time sleeping in any airplane seat, no matter how flat. They are very good for lounging, on the other hand.

Are the single seats good to be in or is it exposed?
When sleeping, there are slight partitions on either side of the seat (not to mention the storage boxes), so they are not as exposed as you might think.

I guess it's better to sit in row 2 or 3 instead of row 5 and above as the service will start from the front?
There's not really a difference in service. If you're worried about not getting your first choice, CAs tend to take requests first and them prioritize them based on elite status, so your seat number does not matter as much.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Thanks a lot for your reply!

Is the seat actually the same as on the B787 which is used for domestic/regional routes?
Old Nov 1, 2012, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by LAX888
Is the seat actually the same as on the B787 which is used for domestic/regional routes?
Yes, at least on the short haul internationally-configured 787s (i.e. not the long-haul 787s with Business Staggered seating). (I haven't flown on a domestically-configured 787 yet so I'm not sure about those.)

Last edited by armagebedar; Nov 1, 2012 at 10:00 pm Reason: clarification
Old Nov 1, 2012, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by armagebedar
Yes, at least on the internationally-configured 787s. (I haven't flown on a domestically-configured 787 yet so I'm not sure about those.)
I think you are confused.

International config 787 is business stagerred, not business cradle, only domestic and intra-asia 787 are business cradle.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
I think you are confused.

International config 787 is business stagerred, not business cradle, only domestic and intra-asia 787 are business cradle.
He was asking about regional routes, which I took to refer to intra-Asia routes. But since they're not being operated by the regional 787 yet, I'll clarify my post.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 3:31 am
Original Poster

Thanks a lot for the update. I am looking forward to my first flight with them since 2001 Hoping it will be just as good as I remembered.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 6:03 am

Programs: UA-GS, AA-EXP
Just came in from SIN last night on NH902, new cradle seats, very hard !!. I'd get a middle seat if I were you, they are single seats and you get a storage compartment too. The food in Business was....well.....not good, some Okayu dish (some kind of porridge dish) just awfull !!! and a western style omlet. Granted this was the midnight flight so the only real meal was breakfast.

The seat isn't really made for sleeping and if you're taller than 183cm you'll find the leg room lacking.

The service is typical Japanese.....very pleasant and a smile with every refill and request. Robotic but nice.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:15 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
These seats are not good if you are tall. They are uncomfortable in every position.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 5:35 pm

Hope these pics help

Old Dec 18, 2012, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Thanks you all. I flew on the business cradle seat and felt it was perfectly ok for a day flight. Could manage a few hours of sleep and felt the padding was good. I am 176cm so the seat is more comfortable for my height.
As other people have noted the cabin does get quite warm though and they used plastic cups for the pre departure drinks. Also IFE did not seem to have any tv shows in English. However service was flawless.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 7:26 pm

NH917: NRT-DEL in Business Cradle

We flew on this 10 hour flight in the business cradle seat on 767-300ER. We found the seat to be very comfortable to have a meal and watch entertainment on the AVOD and comfortable enough for a short nap. It isn't as comfortable as a lie-flat seat, though. Still, being our first ANA flight, we found the service to be excellent. The purser was kind, helpful and genuinely interested to make the flight as comfortable as she could make it. We were provided with rental oversized sweaters for the flight (returned at the end of the flight). Although no amenity kits were distributed, the purser provided us with what we needed, and all of the necessities were placed in a basket on an empty seat with snacks for the taking. The food was OK, nothing special, but again it was the service that made all the difference. We look forward to our next ANA flight!
Old Feb 7, 2013, 8:59 pm

I flew the new Business Cradle seats earlier this week from Narita to Hong Kong. It was a very empty flight and I had two seats to myself. Compared to the older ANA Business seat that I flew from SGN to NRT, this cradle seat is much better in terms of recline and comfort. It has all the latest gadgets, and the 777 style cabin interior makes it a delight.

It is still a regional recline seat but is acceptable for these intra-Asian flights. Delhi/Jakarta/Denpasar might be pushing, but other flights are okay.

However, ANA meals in business class are nice, but the quantity are getting smaller. The entree was nice, but the portion was very tiny. For a five hours flight, I would be pretty hungry if I did not eat during my transit at Narita, and if my body clock was local. It was midnight at LA so not very hungry, but given how small portion the food was on my previous flight from LAX to NRT, I would be very hungry if I resisted the temptation on the Chicken Tempura soba at the food court.

Anyway, back to topic, ANA Cradle seat is nice.

Carfield
Old Feb 18, 2013, 2:53 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Flying it on red-eye tonight. I'm tall and a seat snob. Will post my impressions later.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 7:23 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: UA GS 3MM, NH PLT
Originally Posted by 5khours
Flying it on red-eye tonight. I'm tall and a seat snob. Will post my impressions later.
What did you think? We're in C on the 763ER next month, so I'm curious to know how you fared. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.