Wiki Posts
Search

"Statement Fee" on NH

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:15 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

"Statement Fee" on NH

I was surprised to find a 500 mile debit on my NH account with the narration "Statement Fee". Can anyone shed some light on this?
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:07 am
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by FedUp2
I was surprised to find a 500 mile debit on my NH account with the narration "Statement Fee". Can anyone shed some light on this?
Did you request that a statement be sent to you sometime within the past 12 months?

http://www.ana.co.jp/amc/news/stm_abolition/
Old Oct 29, 2012, 2:21 am

Programs: UA, Hilton
(in English)

https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/japan/e/lo...n/index_w.html
Old Oct 29, 2012, 9:10 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. While I cannot recall whether I had requested a statement, I certainly would not have done so had I known that the cost would be 500 miles! I think it is preposterous that an airline would charge to mail a statement, but then I find many practices of the airline industry to be preposterous.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 6:26 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by FedUp2
Thanks for the replies. While I cannot recall whether I had requested a statement, I certainly would not have done so had I known that the cost would be 500 miles! I think it is preposterous that an airline would charge to mail a statement, but then I find many practices of the airline industry to be preposterous.
There are likely two reasons for there being a fee:

1) It costs the airline money to mail them out
2) It keeps people from frivolously requesting statements, which costs the airline money

Since statements are available online, I can't imagine that there are many instances where one would need a separately-mailed hard copy.

By the way, if you really feel that this charge was in error, contact NH and see if they can tell you when the statement was mailed so that you confirm that it was not an error on their part. (Though I noticed you also posted something similar in the JL forum...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.